ImageImageImageImageImage

Sessions / UPDATE p. 20: headed to Mini

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,166

Re: Sessions / UPDATE p. 20: headed to Mini 

Post#581 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am

I can't even talk about LB vs. Isiah nor Donnie vs. Isiah anymore, because your opinions on those are just beyond any comprehension by anyone. There HAS TO be some kind of bias there, who knows what kind of bias though.

StutterStep wrote:llmatic? He had some interesting takes on things, and he expanded my views on things. So what's the problem? That his views expressed a "Black" perspective?

"Blackness is so real that even the whiteman is birthed in it as there is no light in the womb."

He's saying how black people live in peace with the sun while others fear it. And one of my favorites "The blackman has been on the planet for millions of yrs"

The guy clearly believes that Blacks are superior to other races. That is racism by definition.

If someone used the phrase "whiteness is so real that even the blackman is birthed in it", you would actually be right for once in calling it racist.

Clemens and Big Ben? My point was/is, if you're only waiting for the law (justice) to point at the guilty then you are aligning yourself with the powers that be and those powers have often been unkind to Black folks. The Vick case is a perfect example!!! You had groups protesting his reinstatement and you back that! While since Chmura and Clemens didn't get charges of statutory, you were find with that, even though they obviously did the deed. But since the law (justice) gave them a pass, you were fine with it!! If you don't get it, then I don't know what to say -- it's a double standard!!

LOL, they "obviously did the deed". Were you there? Before I claim that something is "obvious", I need at least a trial, where a lot information comes out. You're going by accusations alone. If someone is not even tried for something, and another person is convicted of something; and I had to choose which one was actually guilty, I'm going with the convicted one. That's just COMMON SENSE.

Who is more likely to be guilty?

[ ] Guy who wasn't tried or investigated

[x] Guy who was convicted

It's as simple as that.

You based your opinion of a racial bias on my part on 3 things:

1. Hatred of a guy who was responsible for killing/torturing dogs for 6 years.

2. Complaints about how celebrities are irresponsible drivers.

3. Bringing up a convicted rapist when discussing athletes and rape.

:blank: I now see why you claim Mike Tyson was wrongly convicted, you must have been his lawyer.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#582 » by Shemy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:48 am

StutterStep wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
I didn't want to sink down to your level, but so be it.

You think Larry Brown and his 1 year of coaching had more to do with the Knicks downfall than Isiah Thomas's 5 years of terrible GMing and 2 years of coaching. That is such a ridiculous notion that I don't know even know what to say.

You are one of Donnie's biggest critics around here. On it's own, I think that's simply silly, but when compared to your Isiah support for who knows how long, criticizing Walsh in his relatively short tenure here, especially when he's doing a very good job in cleaning Isiah's mess... well, something is awry.

You have always been one of David Lee's biggest critics on this board. Nothing wrong with that at all (I even agree with you about Lee mostly), except for the fact that you are and always were ZACH RANDOLPH's biggest fan on this board. That makes me scratch my head to say the least.

Illmatic (the poster); we all love him. Openly hates homosexuals and based on what he's said, it's clear he feels his race is superior to others; racism by definition. His biggest defender? StutterStep

We were talking about athletes and rape. You brought up names like Roger Clemens and Ben Roethlisberger, 2 situations where there were never even investigations. When I brought up the name of the only athlete i could think of who was actually CONVICTED of rape (Tyson), you claimed he was wrongly convicted and again cried racial bias. Again, YOU'RE the one who claimed it was racial when I named the only actual conviction. How much sense does that make??? (Answer: none)

Meanwhile, I hate on Vick for what he did to those dogs for all those years, complain about how celebrities think they're above the law as far as driving (mentioning Paris Hilton as an example), and based on that alone, you say I have a racial bias.

Pots, stones, kettles, glass houses...take your pick.

1) I put more blame on coaches than GMs. Most who talk basketball on this board knows this. Funny thing...you are always bringing up Isiah, even to the point where you're still hoping he fails at whatever he does next. We went for 33 to 23 with LB and have yet to recover. Why can't I lay the blame at his feet? Plus, I had become anti-LB since the Olympics...and....

2) Walsh - I hate the idea of giving up two years (one so far) and not being competitive. Anyone who talks basketball here knows I hate the idea of tanking.

3) David Lee? LOL! I was the first one rocking his avatar and up'ing him when he was first drafted. I might have run counter while the board's hype got carried away...but those same posters have been killing him all off-season while I've been defending him. I've liked Zach since his rookie and sophomore campaign with Portland...and...

4) Illmatic? He had some interesting takes on things, and he expanded my views on things. So what's the problem? That his views expressed a "Black" perspective?

5) Clemens and Big Ben? My point was/is, if you're only waiting for the law (justice) to point at the guilty then you are aligning yourself with the powers that be and those powers have often been unkind to Black folks. The Vick case is a perfect example!!! You had groups protesting his reinstatement and you back that! While since Chmura and Clemens didn't get charges of statutory, you were fine with that, even though they obviously did the deed. But since the law (justice) gave them a pass, you were fine with it!! If you don't get it, then I don't know what to say -- it's a double standard!!

yet we have been as competitive in walshes first year as GM, compared to the five seasons IT was in charge :-? :-?
"They scared now"
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#583 » by GuyverADL » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Shemy wrote:yet we have been as competitive in walshes first year as GM, compared to the five seasons IT was in charge :-? :-?

:lol:

Same team same record. Im not impressed.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#584 » by stuporman » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Dam I was reading the forum not logged in and saw one of ADL's bullchit posts and have to respond.....

Same team? You mean minus Marbury, Curry, Crawford, Randolph...basically almost all the starters from the year before gone(injured).....yea same team :roll:

ADL... :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#585 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:40 pm

StutterStep wrote:
1) I put more blame on coaches than GMs.

LOL, just noticed this. So you're saying you put more blame on the coach than the 12-man roster, which is assembled by the GM. Wow.

Isiah W. Thomas puts together a team whose main parts include the league's biggest idiot/cancer, the league's biggest bum, one of the league's most inefficient players, and Quentin Richardson. You blame the friggin coach?!?!?!?
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#586 » by Shemy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 pm

GuyverADL wrote:
Shemy wrote:yet we have been as competitive in walshes first year as GM, compared to the five seasons IT was in charge :-? :-?

Same team same record. Im not impressed.

i wouldnt go as far as to say same team.....about half the roster has been changed since walshes 1st year

no marbury, no crawford, no Z-Bo, curry hasnt played @ all, all four of those guys were the main pieces in IT's teams......and a couple of the other scrubs waslh traded for nothing or used as cap fillers, throw ins, etc.
"They scared now"
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#587 » by john2jer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Curious on how this whole ignore thing works. If someone puts me on ignore, should I still be able to see their posts? mugzi's cute. :-) Bash Minnesota while you're online at 1am on Friday, in New York I assume? I could be wrong on that, and I'm going to hope so because that's an interesting irony... Oh no, different opinion, put him on ignore. You're going to hate the real world.

Anyways, as far as Big Ben, you're clueless if you don't know he was innocent. The girl who accused him has apologized and there's talk of her being a witness in a defemation case against her own lawyer.

Oh and Tyson did it. So did Karl Malone, and that's gross. At least have age standards Mailman!

Kobe didn't. He's only guilty of cheating on his wife.

Chumra did it. Clemens I'm not familiar with the case, so I won't comment, other than it's known that he cheated on his wife quite frequently.

It's not a white/black thing, it's a stupid athlete and good/bad morals thing.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#588 » by StutterStep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 am

john2jer wrote:Anyways, as far as Big Ben, you're clueless if you don't know he was innocent. The girl who accused him has apologized and there's talk of her being a witness in a defemation case against her own lawyer.

Oh and Tyson did it. So did Karl Malone, and that's gross. At least have age standards Mailman!

Chumra did it. Clemens I'm not familiar with the case, so I won't comment, other than it's known that he cheated on his wife quite frequently.

Big Ben -- of course I would not know the outcome, as the media did not cover it with the zeal they have other cases. That was the nature of my point, not whether or not he was guilty.

Clemens -- same thing, little media coverage so you know nothing of it.

Karl Malone -- very little coverage.

The beef I have with you is that you took a swipe at me with no real reference point, esp. as it pertains to my discussion with that poster. I know you think you post here and know what the F is going on -- but you really don't.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#589 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:34 am

StutterStep wrote:Clemens -- same thing, little media coverage so you know nothing of it.

Yet you said he "obviously did the deed".
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#590 » by john2jer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:38 am

StutterStep wrote:
john2jer wrote:Anyways, as far as Big Ben, you're clueless if you don't know he was innocent. The girl who accused him has apologized and there's talk of her being a witness in a defemation case against her own lawyer.

Big Ben -- of course I would not know the outcome, as the media did not cover it with the zeal they have other cases. That was the nature of my point, not whether or not he was guilty.

Clemens -- same thing, little media coverage so you know nothing of it.

Karl Malone -- very little coverage.

The beef I have with you is that you took a swipe at me with no real reference point, esp. as it pertains to my discussion with that poster. I know you think you post here and know what the F is going on -- but you really don't.

ROAR!!! :lol:

I've seen how you post. It's cute. You get all worked up and say things like, "I know you think you post here and know what the F is going on -- but you really don't." Accusing someone of being a racist because he comments on how certain celebrities try to use their status to get out of trouble and think they're above the law? That's classless. I don't care if you have beef with me, doesn't change anything or cause me to lose sleep at night. The only person it effects is you. But whatever, it's a message board, you don't have to get all worked up. Relax a little, stress is bad for the ticker. ;-)

Karl Malone didn't get much coverage, but math says he got a girl pregnant who was quite a bit underage. Not only illegal, that's disgusting.

ESPN didn't cover Big Ben. Tell me you don't trust ESPN for all your news...

Clemens, if I recall correctly, had something going on with Mindy McCready when she was a teenager. She didn't refute the story, but later claimed they didn't start bumping uglies until she was over 18. The entire time Clemens was married.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#591 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:45 am

The thing about Stutter is that he makes A LOT of assumptions. In turn, he treats them like they're facts. I said a few things that were completely in line, having opinions that a lot of people agree with, and he ASSUMES that I have a racial bias.

I find it hilarious how he says Clemens "obviously did the deed" when there's no way anyone can know. Meanwhile, I never said anything nearly that strong about Tyson, who was convicted, and he accuses me of racial bias. The hypocrisy here is just unreal.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#592 » by StutterStep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:26 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:Clemens -- same thing, little media coverage so you know nothing of it.

Yet you said he "obviously did the deed".

Troubled country singer Mindy McCready will tell the world about her sordid affair with former Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens on a VH1 reality series set to premiere in January. The singer and Clemens met when she was a teenager and reportedly had a decade-long affair that ended when he refused to leave his wife.

McCready first confirmed reports of her affair with Clemens last year, and he released a statement vaguely apologizing for "mistakes in [his] personal life...I have apologized to my family and apologize to my fans," Clemens said in April 2008. "Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which have not been right."

http://www.yourtango.com/200934332/mind ... ens-affair
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#593 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:52 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT'S what you go by to say he "obviously did the deed"?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#594 » by StutterStep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 am

WHAT? Direct quotes!! It doesn't matter if it was a celebrity blog-style place...they were getting the information from the NY Daily News and VH1.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#595 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:54 am

StutterStep wrote:WHAT? Direct quotes!! It doesn't matter if it was a celebrity blog-style place...they were getting the information from the NY Daily News and VH1.

Yeah, direct quotes by Clemens saying he's sorry, not mentioning what he's sorry for. He could have been apologizing for just having an affair. For all anyone knows, the affair started after she was 18, all you have to go by is her word that it started earlier.

Nobody knows the truth, stop ASSUMING.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#596 » by StutterStep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:58 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:WHAT? Direct quotes!! It doesn't matter if it was a celebrity blog-style place...they were getting the information from the NY Daily News and VH1.

Yeah, direct quotes by Clemens saying he's sorry, not mentioning what he's sorry for. He could have been apologizing for just having an affair. For all anyone knows, the affair started after she was 18, all you have to go by is her word that it started earlier.

Yet you firmly believe that Mike Tyson raped that woman? OK...
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#597 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:59 am

StutterStep wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:

Actually I don't, and I never said that. Again, stop ASSUMING.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#598 » by StutterStep » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:04 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:

Then what is this? Why are you chiding me for my stance on Tyson's case?

We were talking about athletes and rape. You brought up names like Roger Clemens and Ben Roethlisberger, 2 situations where there were never even investigations. When I brought up the name of the only athlete i could think of who was actually CONVICTED of rape (Tyson), you claimed he was wrongly convicted and again cried racial bias. Again, YOU'RE the one who claimed it was racial when I named the only actual conviction. How much sense does that make??? (Answer: none)
NyKnicks1714
RealGM

Post#599 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:09 am

StutterStep wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:

Then what is this? Why are you chiding me for my stance on Tyson's case?

Your stance was that "he was wrongly convicted". Again, speaking with certainty when you have no clue whatsoever.

All I did was mention his name and his conviction, I never claimed I felt he raped the woman.

So with no idea about what actually happened in either situation, you claimed that Clemens "obviously did the deed" and that Tyson was "wrongly convicted". Yeah, and I have the bias. :roll:

I never once made any absolute statements about either one. You made absolute statements about BOTH.

Return to New York Knicks