ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#61 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Alex Rodriguez is done. I hope he retires because there is no way the Yankees can wheel out the Mummy to DH and collect $22M.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#62 » by duetta » Tue May 24, 2016 1:09 am

Don't know if what I've been watching as of late is a mirage, but if the pitching holds up, this team will remaining entertaining all season - which is all I can reasonably ask.

Yankees will de-leveraging salary between now and 2018. Hal has the right idea, nothing to be done about it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,514

Post#63 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
When the Yankees make the playoffs, they are there to win..

When the Mets make the playoffs, they are happy to be there..

Ok. Let's see how this all works out for you going forward under MLB's present structure and the Yanks present ownership. Like I said, you'll be rebuilding the next two years after this while the Mets will be competing for rings.

Like I said..

Mets are just happy to be there :)

:lol: What team isn't?

"When the Yankees make the playoffs, the are there to win"??

Then perhaps you can explain what's been happening to the Yanks all these years that they haven't been winning World Series rings?

This will get you started:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/history/postseason_results.jsp
Free Palestine
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#64 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:39 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Alex Rodriguez is done. I hope he retires because there is no way the Yankees can wheel out the Mummy to DH and collect $22M.

Huh? he had a decent year last year. Not 22 million decent but, not horrible either.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#65 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Alex Rodriguez is done. I hope he retires because there is no way the Yankees can wheel out the Mummy to DH and collect $22M.

Huh? he had a decent year last year. Not 22 million decent but, not horrible either.

He was shockingly good last year. Certainly defied his age. Maybe he still had steroids residue in his system.
Free Palestine
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#66 » by knickstape21 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ok. Let's see how this all works out for you going forward under MLB's present structure and the Yanks present ownership. Like I said, you'll be rebuilding the next two years after this while the Mets will be competing for rings.

Like I said..

Mets are just happy to be there :)

"When the Yankees make the playoffs, the are there to win"??

Then perhaps you can explain what's been happening to the Yanks all these years that they haven't been winning World Series rings?

This will get you started:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/history/postseason_results.jsp

That Yankees have 27 World Series Championships.

The Mets have 2 World Series Championships.

Please don't argue about winning. Please. It's embarrassing. Just focus on the Mets this season because they are actually a really good team.

You know, for as bad as the Yanks have been this season, they are on a 5 game winning streak and are currently about 5/6 games behind the Mets with about 115 games left.

So, I'll just say it again, the Mets are just happy to be there :)
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#67 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue May 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Speaking of winning the Yanks are in Toronto to see if they can get to .500.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#68 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Speaking of winning the Yanks are in Toronto to see if they can get to .500.

:rofl2:
Free Palestine
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#69 » by knickstape21 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Speaking of winning the Yanks are in Toronto to see if they can get to .500.

Yanks are home tonight. Should be a good one. Dickey on the mound. Either Yanks torch him or act like they've never seen a knuckleball before lol.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#70 » by N8isScofield » Wed May 25, 2016 9:41 am

Mets fans laughing at the Yankees record, no rings for 30 years. Yawn. 27-2.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#71 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Yankees are only a few games behind Mets. Mets also padded their record a bit with a soft April schedule.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#72 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Oh Damn. I really thought the Yanks were still on that long road trip. My mistake. Anyways, good win by the Yanks last night and the team is back to .500....

Wonder if Toronto regrets trading Syndergaard to the Mets?

Not a Mets fan but the "others" are 8 games over .500...

The Yanks have a while to go before they can reach that high water mark. So long as the offense led by old man Beltran can last.

I don't want the Yanks to break up that 3 headed monster in the pen: Betances, Miller, and Chapman. I have watched Cashman trades go "meh" especially when it comes to starting pitching. I can't see teams giving up anything more than another Pineda or Eovaldi for a top reliever. Problem with the Yanks is the fact, their pitching has problems making it beyond 6 inning.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#73 » by Greenie » Fri May 27, 2016 1:12 am

bump
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#74 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri May 27, 2016 2:07 am

Tough loss as the geriatric line of Beltran (4 strike outs) and A-Rod couldn't generate more offense, wasting a good performance by CC Sabbathia who went 7 innings and gave up only 2 runs (unearned if memory serves).
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,385

Post#75 » by Papi_swav » Fri May 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Yanks really need to add another starting pitcher. I think it's best to send down Severino to the minors and let Nova fill in for him. Need to get out of that Elsberry contract somehow even if we have to eat some millions. Would love to keep the three headed monster in the bullpen for the next few years. We also need a 3b because headley sucks, think we should just give refsnyder a try, atleast he can hit.

I looked at the upcoming free agents and there's not much going on. Yanks will have to look to trade market to add good players, might as well give these young guys a shot.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#76 » by levendis » Sat May 28, 2016 1:35 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/736373885013086208[/tweet]

levendis
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by levendis » Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

To be honest though what the Mets do don't really concern me. The Mets are going to have to do a lot to surpass the Yankees as a better franchise. I also don't care which team is "NY's team;" why would I care as to who the bandwagon fans are rooting for? David Wright is one of my favorite players, dude deserves some team success for all he's gone through injury wise. On the other hand, I hate everyone on the Red Sox.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#78 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat May 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Yanks really need to add another starting pitcher. I think it's best to send down Severino to the minors and let Nova fill in for him. Need to get out of that Elsberry contract somehow even if we have to eat some millions. Would love to keep the three headed monster in the bullpen for the next few years. We also need a 3b because headley sucks, think we should just give refsnyder a try, atleast he can hit.

I looked at the upcoming free agents and there's not much going on. Yanks will have to look to trade market to add good players, might as well give these young guys a shot.

Severino came out of his last start with an injury. He pitched very poorly that start maybe cuz of the injury. I believe he's still on DL. He's had some struggles but prior to that last start he had he put together 4 or 5 strong starts in a row with low run support. Unless there is a mechanics issue he should stay in the bigs. Pinefa is the guy that is really the problem. He's supposed to be a borderline ace.

I'm in favor of giving refsnyder a shot, but his problem is that he doesn't have a real position. His best shot might be moving him around between infield and outfield as a utility guy to hide his weaknesses defensively.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#79 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 28, 2016 3:37 pm

levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

To be honest though what the Mets do don't really concern me. The Mets are going to have to do a lot to surpass the Yankees as a better franchise. I also don't care which team is "NY's team;" why would I care as to who the bandwagon fans are rooting for? David Wright is one of my favorite players, dude deserves some team success for all he's gone through injury wise. On the other hand, I hate everyone on the Red Sox.

:lol: First of all, those videos were uncalled for.

Who's talking about surpassing the Yankees as a franchise? Not me. There's no way the Mets or any other team can do that in my lifetime. I'm merely talking about the present and the next few years. My comment to the Knicks board Yankee fan was simply to have fun the next 3 years while the Yankees rebuild and all you guys get soooooo defensive.
Free Palestine
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by levendis » Sat May 28, 2016 3:55 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
levendis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

:lol: First of all, those videos were uncalled for.

Who's talking about surpassing the Yankees as a franchise? Not me. There's no way the Mets or any other team can do that in my lifetime. I'm merely talking about the present and the next few years. My comment to the Knicks board Yankee fan was simply to have fun the next 3 years while the Yankees rebuild and all you guys get soooooo defensive.

I'm just saying every news outlet poses the question as to whether this is a Yankees or Mets town. My response is that it doesn't really matter. Yeah the Mets are going to be (and already are) really good these next couple of years. I've picked them to win the WS this year. As a Yankee fan I can't be upset with their mediocre play the past couple of years (last year was fun though). They've been winning consistently since 95, at some point it was going to have to end. I honestly hope they do a full rebuild instead of patching little things up and playing around .500 ball for the year.

Return to New York Knicks