ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,977

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#61 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:04 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Meat wrote:Are yall sure the Knicks couldn’t use Mitchell? Cuz I’m lookin at Brunson playing 40mpg and leads disappearing when he’s on the bench

I just don't know if Mitchell and Brunson fit together, super ball dominant guards who need the ball in their hands.
Plus the defensive issues too would be tough. I think OG and Mitch could maybe cover for it, but put Randle out there too and its 3 minus defenders.

I think we're just hurting not having OG and Randle right now, another scorer on top of those 2 would be nice, but even having Randle out there to help carry the scoring load would really help Brunson whos looked dead at the end of games recently.
They don't. Worst case move Randle and Bogs for Towns.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,576

Post#62 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:04 am

Shout out to Hartenstein had a good game and that offensive rebound on Brunson’s missed FT to get us another possession was almost the difference maker. 17 12 and 5 and a +7
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,319

Post#63 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:05 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Brutal he needs help Folkssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,168

Post#64 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:05 am

Im Coming Home wrote:I'm curious, can someone whos got a better ability to look up stats check what Brunsons FTAs per game was before ASB and now after?

Feels like he gets no calls anymore and was getting a fair amount before ASB.

7.6 pre allstar vs 5.3 post.

Down to 4.7 fta in march.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,123

Post#65 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:05 am

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Mikal Bridges is the answer. Elite defender with legit height as well.

mikal isnt elite on defense. he stopped playing defense in brooklyn
For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#66 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:06 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I'm curious, can someone whos got a better ability to look up stats check what Brunsons FTAs per game was before ASB and now after?

Feels like he gets no calls anymore and was getting a fair amount before ASB.

7.6 pre allstar vs 5.3 post.

Down to 4.7 fta in march.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw

I knew it bro.

Refs screwing the guy just cause of the adjustment the officials have made. If he's fouled he's foul. idgaf if you're calling it tougher, you can't just ignore obvious fouls like they do every night now. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#67 » by Fat » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:07 am

Knicks had plenty opportunity to put themselves in better position to win this game. It is what it is

We gotta just take this L
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#68 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:08 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mikal isnt elite on defense. he stopped playing defense in brooklyn
For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.
give me Maxey!
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,576

Post#69 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:08 am

I’m starting to think I support going to a 62 game season
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#70 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:09 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

give me Maxey!

philly would never trade him
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#71 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:10 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.
give me Maxey!

Hypothetically what do you think the value difference is between Donovan and Maxey
Formerly Knicks85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#72 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:10 am

god shammgod wrote:1 game doesn't mean much. but you can't rely on jalen to make every shot and win much in the playoffs.

He’s exhausted holding the team on his back

But he also needs to recognize that he’s not a pure shooter and can’t be forcing up shots from deep or fading away unless he got the defender off balance or duped

Granted he has no help and he’s been hurt in a few ways this season, but he’s still out there living and dying with every game despite having very little help
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,489

Post#73 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:11 am

Brunson need help.... starting to get worried about our injury situation n how tight lipped Thibs is being about it....
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#74 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:12 am

I want an enforcer on the Knicks to check these players who take these reckless fouls on the Knicks
Formerly Knicks85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#75 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:12 am

I kind of knew Brunson would not make both FTs

He has no help. His legs are not all there and he’s still leaving it all on the court
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#76 » by KOA » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:12 am

A couple of thoughts.

Outside of the missed calls, I didn’t like 3 players playing the entire second half. It led to carelessness in the 4th quarter, tired legs leading to missed shots, and missed opportunities.

On the last play of the game when the Knicks have the ball and need to score, why is Josh Hart out there? I get IHart for screens, but why not Bogs for J-Hart? Isn’t that why we brought him in?
BigShot Bojan
General Manager

Post#77 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:13 am

Burks needs to be released…he’s horrible I waive the white flag
Formerly Knicks85

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#78 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:13 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote: give me Maxey!

Hypothetically what do you think the value difference is between Donovan and Maxey

i think maxey's is a lot higher since he is younger. he's also going to get a big extension soon next summer. donovan mitchell is gonna be a free agent in a year so his value is going to be a lot lower. everyone knows donovan wants to play in new york so hes likely leaving the cavs no matter what
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,840

Post#79 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:15 am

KOA wrote:A couple of thoughts.

Outside of the missed calls, I didn’t like 3 players playing the entire second half. It led to carelessness in the 4th quarter, tired legs leading to missed shots, and missed opportunities.

On the last play of the game when the Knicks have the ball and need to score, why is Josh Hart out there? I get IHart for screens, but why not Bogs for J-Hart? Isn’t that why we brought him in?

Problem is the bench is contuning to be an issue. Thibs has lost faith in the current bench players. Not an issue when everyone is healthy, but becoming more of a problem now.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#80 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:21 am

Of course we get unlucky with the Randle injury and OG gets hurt a lot but we got unlucky there too

But had we made 1 good trade, instead of adding one tall shooter who is convinced he’s Larry Bird but is actually a washed up clown who always had way too much confidence in overrated skills

And another guy who does nothing but chuck up shots and miss them almost all while adding absolutely nothing to the team

We maybe would have weathered the storm

But to be honest, with this much time Randle has missed and the attrition on JB, and Donte even, I think the season is close to lost

I actually think Randle should just maybe just get his surgery: see below

Return to New York Knicks