ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-0) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (0-2) Thursday, April 25th 7:30pm

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,970

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-0) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (0-2) Thursday, April 25nd 7:30pm 

Post#61 » by RHODEY » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:19 pm

GettinitDone wrote:I really think Embiid will be ruled out of this game. If you were the Sixers you see your franchise player limping and struggling to even walk, he combined with Maxey to score 62 in Game 1 and 69 in Game 2, basically the best production you could possibly get from a 50% Embiid, and still lost both games. Even if you miraculously win 4 of next 5 to win this series (they won't), it's only just the 1st rd!! Three more rounds to go... you ain't winning a title... he prob won't see the end of 2nd rd, so what are you playing him for? Just so he can get to Conference Finals for the 1st time in his career? Idiotic.

The Sixers bosses must see this from a long term perspective. Don't be stubborn, look at how Isiah Thomas played through the ankle injury in playoffs and ended his own career, this season is a lost cause, stop it, get the injury heal right and come back strong next season.

At the very least, the thinking is, don't play him, if Sixers magically pull out a W in Game 3, then if we're not shutting him down, reevaluate to consider playing him in Game 4, at least there will be about 6 days between Game 2 and Game 4.

I mean as a Knicks fan idgaf, can't care less if he plays or not, cuz we're winning this series... but I bet that must be along the lines what the Sixers are thinking.

I highly doubt that, although I agree they should . But if it didn't happen for game 2 , I don't see it happening for game 3 after Embiid guaranteed that Philly will beat us.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,590

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-0) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (0-2) Thursday, April 25nd 7:30pm 

Post#62 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:25 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Context wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Put BOTH feet on their necks and crush their fuqqin trachea!! That way we don't have to hear them crying after the game!!

Fuq Philly!!

Brunson is key here...We are going to findout if he's figured out how to navigate us to a win...

Brunson’s missing some shots. Their scheme has succeeded in keeping him off rhythm. But exploiting their aggressiveness is a group effort. They’re also trying to take away the passing lane in the blitz. It’s really well done.

It’ll have to be a team effort to break that. And our shooters have to HIT. Bogey on the floor with Brunson makes a difference. God bless Deuce having found his WV jumper too.

I agree...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#63 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:29 pm

Context wrote:
sol537 wrote:Refs may try to make things up for Philly in this game… subconsciously… I hope they try to remain impartial. Let the best performing team win…

the only way we win this game is if we take the game out of the refs hands...
All of this whining and grievances etc- should get Philly a win if its up to the league...Not to mention, the philly front officed filed the grievance...
Hopefully, I'm completely wrong :lol: and the league could care less...

Yeah, I'm going to be really surprised if the Knicks win this game based on traditional ebbs/flows of NBA playoff series, and the added public histrionics of the Sixers over the past few days. The one thing the Knicks have going for them in the context of this league behavior is a transcendent top-5 player. Those type of guys can break out of the historical trends and patterns. Please wake up, Jalen! :pray: :pray: :pray:
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,570

Post#64 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

boy is cold-blooded

You can tell he was emotional seeing all the fans STILL there after the game had already ended and chanting his name.

There's no other fan base like it in the world! :nod:

*in the country

In the world, the fans in Europe and South America are particularly loyal and rabid. I know, I'm from Greece and the fans there would do this x 100.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,413

Post#65 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm

Lord Commander wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
god shammgod wrote:during the 4th quarter of last game embiid could not move at all. he looked the worst he had all series. they played him 39 minutes because they get killed every time he goes to the bench. so it's a conundrum for them. they need to play him less to keep him effective late in the game but if they do their team might dig a big hole when he's not on the floor. but role players play better at home traditionally, so likely ours will be worse and theirs will be better. That may solve their problem. we really stole the last game. it probably should be 1-1. i wouldn't be surprised if we lose these next 2. it's gonna be harder.

Philly is up against the wall. They're also pissed about the results of the last game. So, I expect them to come out tomorrow like a man drowning doing anything they can to save their playoff lives.

I'd love a sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took Game 3 (with a little help from the refs feeling sorry for them because they're still whining). However, they'll probably have to push Embiid out on the court in a wheelchair by Game 4 at the rate things are going.

KNICKS in 5!

Concede nothing!! We will get the sweep. Yea they will come out in a frenzy but that will wear off by halftime, because they can't sustain it due to Embiid being half strength, unless their other players (Lowery/Harris/Oubre) are contributing offensively. I really like our chances for game 3.

All of this hedging is just weird. Knicks must go for the sweep. Let the chips fall where they land, but there's no reason to create mental buffers where losing a game is still within the scope of their objective. You have held home court advantage. Your only goal is to crush their spirit by winning game three on their court.

TBH, all it would take at this point to stomp their grapes is a modest showing by Brunson.
ImageImageImage
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#66 » by Gravy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:36 pm

Embiid is like Darth Vader man, all these injuries and he still puts up an easy 34pts. I really want to win game 3 to feel comfortable about the series.
Context
RealGM

Post#67 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Context wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:Put BOTH feet on their necks and crush their fuqqin trachea!! That way we don't have to hear them crying after the game!!

Fuq Philly!!

Brunson is key here...We are going to findout if he's figured out how to navigate us to a win...

Brunson’s missing some shots. Their scheme has succeeded in keeping him off rhythm. But exploiting their aggressiveness is a group effort. They’re also trying to take away the passing lane in the blitz. It’s really well done.

It’ll have to be a team effort to break that. And our shooters have to HIT. Bogey on the floor with Brunson makes a difference. God bless Deuce having found his WV jumper too.

I found this-check this out knick family:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,555

Post#68 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm

The go to play is simple.... get it to iHart at the top of the key... Brunson off a few picks curling around iHart for the hand-off... Brunson snakes into the paint for a patented floater.... if they swarm... look for iHart on the roll or on a re-set... iHart is the valve that finds the most open shooter out of DDV, Hart, and OG... and while iHart is looking, Brunson re-curls around a Josh Hart screen for another secondary free-up at the 3pt line for an open three or a final downhill attack.

Rinse and repeat. Brunson should not be bringing the ball up... either Hart or DDV... to conserve JB's energy...
Context
RealGM

Post#69 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Context wrote:
sol537 wrote:Refs may try to make things up for Philly in this game… subconsciously… I hope they try to remain impartial. Let the best performing team win…

the only way we win this game is if we take the game out of the refs hands...
All of this whining and grievances etc- should get Philly a win if its up to the league...Not to mention, the philly front officed filed the grievance...
Hopefully, I'm completely wrong :lol: and the league could care less...

Yeah, I'm going to be really surprised if the Knicks win this game based on traditional ebbs/flows of NBA playoff series, and the added public histrionics of the Sixers over the past few days. The one thing the Knicks have going for them in the context of this league behavior is a transcendent top-5 player. Those type of guys can break out of the historical trends and patterns. Please wake up, Jalen! :pray: :pray: :pray:

check out the video about the defense^^^As JVG has pointed out as well...I think Thibs is going to have to figureout some schemes
to make the sixers pay for what theyre doing to Jalen...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#70 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 pm

sol537 wrote:The go to play is simple.... get it to iHart at the top of the key... Brunson off a few picks curling around iHart for the hand-off... Brunson snakes into the paint for a patented floater.... if they swarm... look for iHart on the roll or on a re-set... iHart is the valve that finds the most open shooter out of DDV, Hart, and OG... and while iHart is looking, Brunson re-curls around a Josh Hart screen for another secondary free-up at the 3pt line for an open three or a final downhill attack.

Rinse and repeat. Brunson should not be bringing the ball up... either Hart or DDV... to conserve JB's energy...

this is an excellent point as well -I think CS said he rewatched game 2 and saw that Brunson looked gassed...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,114

Post#71 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 pm

More high screen and roll with whoever Embiid is guarding. Try to get him moving around early and often. Maybe we wear him out sooner than the 4th quarter if we really go after him. Josh has been amazing but find a few minutes for him to rest and see if playing 4 out stops them from triple teaming Brunson any time he comes around a screen. If Brunson gets going it’s over for them.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#72 » by Lord Commander » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Philly is up against the wall. They're also pissed about the results of the last game. So, I expect them to come out tomorrow like a man drowning doing anything they can to save their playoff lives.

I'd love a sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took Game 3 (with a little help from the refs feeling sorry for them because they're still whining). However, they'll probably have to push Embiid out on the court in a wheelchair by Game 4 at the rate things are going.

KNICKS in 5!

Concede nothing!! We will get the sweep. Yea they will come out in a frenzy but that will wear off by halftime, because they can't sustain it due to Embiid being half strength, unless their other players (Lowery/Harris/Oubre) are contributing offensively. I really like our chances for game 3.

All of this hedging is just weird. Knicks must go for the sweep. Let the chips fall where they land, but there's no reason to create mental buffers where losing a game is still within the scope of their objective. You have held home court advantage. Your only goal is to crush their spirit by winning game three on their court.

TBH, all it would take at this point to stomp their grapes is a modest showing by Brunson.

Yep. Let Embiid and Maxey combine for 60 while shutting everyone else down, and Brunson going for an efficient 25/10 is the way. The Brunson/Deuce combo seems to give Philly the most trouble because they can't key in on Brunson. I'd love to see more of that.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,483

Post#73 » by GONYK » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

Brunson can't just stop shooting, but he has to stop overthinking the shots he gets. Brunson is so good because you can't rush him. He methodically stays on his own rhythm. Philly has been able to speed him up. He rushes to his spots because he knows the wall is coming.

He needs to get to some approximation of where he wants to go and then make the best decision, but that decision can't always be to pass to an open Hart in the corner, otherwise he's doing Philly's job for them. There's also some more the offense as a whole can do to get him freed up, mainly involving Embiid in the actions.

That being said, I still have faith that he has a Crave Case (IYKYK) waiting for them in one of the next two games.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,413

Post#74 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm

TBH, Brunson looks kind of burnt out right now. It could be from a long season or the adrenalin that comes with higher expectations. His physical deportment on the court is not sharp and precise as it usually is. Yes, maybe he needs to adjust to the increased attention and double teams, but there seems to be something more to it than that.

He tends to have temporary blips and then adjust, so I think we'll know by the end of this series is he is actually playing like he's under the weather somehow or if he's just not coping as well as before with the coverages.
ImageImageImage
Context
RealGM

Post#75 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 pm

This is just a feeling but I dont think the success the knicks had the last time they faced Boston was a result of Boston not really caring about the game. I just think this knick team is filled with more winners and fits perfectly with Thibs. That being said, winners would come out focused with great attention to putting their foot on the neck of a team they're up 2-0 on...

I expect the Knicks best effort thus far...

I do have my concerns about the refs and the league milking this narrative about Embiid playing on
one leg and if that's the case -they cant have the knicks sweep them...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,555

Post#76 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:TBH, Brunson looks kind of burnt out right now. It could be from a long season or the adrenalin that comes with higher expectations. His physical deportment on the court is not sharp and precise as it usually is. Yes, maybe he needs to adjust to the increased attention and double teams, but there seems to be something more to it than that.

He tends to have temporary blips and then adjust, so I think we'll know by the end of this series is he is actually playing like he's under the weather somehow or if he's just not coping as well as before with the coverages.

I rewatched the game last night. Brunson literally had 2 guys contesting shots at all times of the game. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with him. He’s just being defended more heavily than he ever has been. This is the most attention I’ve ever seen him get. Credit to Nurse for being able to limit his impact, scoring wise. Even though in the 4th, it looked like he was figuring it out with all the dimes he was getting to iHart.
Context
RealGM

Post#77 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm

one other point...
I'm curious to see how the Knicks play on the road is hostile philly after this:

"We're good," Embiid said. "We're going to win this series.

"We are going to win this. We know what we got to fix. We did a better job today, so we are going to fix it.

"We are the better team. We are going to keep fighting."
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,126

Post#78 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 pm

sol537 wrote:The go to play is simple.... get it to iHart at the top of the key... Brunson off a few picks curling around iHart for the hand-off... Brunson snakes into the paint for a patented floater.... if they swarm... look for iHart on the roll or on a re-set... iHart is the valve that finds the most open shooter out of DDV, Hart, and OG... and while iHart is looking, Brunson re-curls around a Josh Hart screen for another secondary free-up at the 3pt line for an open three or a final downhill attack.

This. This. This.

Let Brother Hartenstein facilitate once they commit to doubling. Move the ball, shift the defense.

It's not like Philly is doing anything that can't be countered, Jalen just needs to not make it easy for them.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#79 » by omerome » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 pm

Context wrote:one other point...
I'm curious to see how the Knicks play on the road is hostile philly after this:

"We're good," Embiid said. "We're going to win this series.

"We are going to win this. We know what we got to fix. We did a better job today, so we are going to fix it.

"We are the better team. We are going to keep fighting."

Our guys should be prepared. This is a group of tough minded individuals. And besides, three of our core guys are very familiar with Philly from their college days and won.
Context
RealGM

Post#80 » by Context » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

This. This. This.

Let Brother Hartenstein facilitate once they commit to doubling. Move the ball, shift the defense.

It's not like Philly is doing anything that can't be countered, Jalen just needs to not make it easy for them.

He definitely made it easy for them by forcing shot after shot...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks