ImageImageImageImageImage

WIRETAP: Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#61 » by hoodie© » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:31 pm

It's alright balkmania, You're not going anywhere, Don't worry about it.

They gotta go through this Army & Me to take you!
midtown
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#62 » by midtown » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:32 pm

Its not a good idea to joke like that because isiah and Dolan have friends we dont want to meet. Police can get involved because its called a threat.. Why bother....
Ballito
Starter

Post#63 » by Ballito » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:38 pm

Screw that we need to wait on gettin Artest....Last time he was traded to a lottery bound team (kings) he came in and got them into the playoffs. in the east anything is possible...I would wait til off season atleast. I would love to see knicks be in the playoffs again but we def need a piece to build around...what we have on this roster is not something u call a franchise player....it wood be better to draft one
moody
Junior

Post#64 » by moody » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:42 pm

last year i thought we'd be crazy to trade balkman for artest ... but balkman has fallen off the radar and isn't playing D the way i thought he would. at least in artest you have a PROVEN defender and a PROVEN scorer in the NBA - not in the Summer League.

Lee is a fan favorite and I can't imagine giving him up after watching him this year. If it weren't for him there would be no cheers. HOWEVER - I do notice that Lee doesn't get booed when he makes a turnover (which he does a lot) - shoots a terrible shot (which he does a lot). If we get Artest Plus a Pick for Lee and Nate ..... it's a STEAL for us. Better yet, we should just ask for the rights to swap picks ....

We need a leader who can actually perform on the floor.
It's the KNICKS baby ....Run Wit Us - or - Get Run Over by Us!!!
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#65 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:45 pm

I'd trade Lee for him.....We need someone who will punch somebody in the face for not defending....People around really overrate Lee...He could be the most overrated player NY has ever had! The team is just so damn bad we overlook all the things he CAN'T do well!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#66 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:49 pm

BasicBall wrote:I'd trade Lee for him.....We need someone who will punch somebody in the face for not defending....People around really overrate Lee...He could be the most overrated player NY has ever had! The team is just so damn bad we overlook all the things he CAN'T do well!

He does one thing really well though....

PUTS ASSES ON THE SEATS

that will be enough to keep him around.
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#67 » by method » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:
might explain why chandler suddenly got minutes against the kings
:nod:
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#68 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:56 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He does one thing really well though....

PUTS ASSES ON THE SEATS

that will be enough to keep him around.

I agree with that....He sells tickets....But I think most of us really overrate him.....I listen to the way they praise him on both the radio and television broadcasts and he can make the same mistake another player makes and NEVER gets blasted for a boneheaded play or mistake! It gets annoying to me!

I'd include him in a deal for Artest in a NY minute, but the fan base and the media would LYNCH Isiah (seriously) if that white boy got dealt! LOL
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#69 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:59 pm

BasicBall wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with that....He sells tickets....But I think most of us really overrate him.....I listen to the way they praise him on both the radio and television broadcasts and he can make the same mistake another player makes and NEVER gets blasted for a boneheaded play or mistake! It gets annoying to me!

I'd include him in a deal for Artest in a NY minute, but the fan base and the media would LYNCH Isiah (seriously) if that white boy got dealt! LOL

I agree with everything you said except the part about trading him.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#70 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:01 pm

I don't think the Knicks should trade Lee at this point.

Ron Artest is no guarantee for success. And since David Lee is too good for the franchise, I bet Isiah is not stupid enough to give up Lee.
'If he does, OMG, this franchise is meant to be suck.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#71 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:04 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with everything you said except the part about trading him.

I know that! He had you at HELLO! LOL
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#72 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:07 pm

I hope Isiah does trade balkman in a package for Artest. That way people can abandon the notion that he's tanking, and when we wind up n the lottery with Artest, people will have a fresh reminder of what a bad GM Isiah is.
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#73 » by BMiller52 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:09 pm

moody wrote:last year i thought we'd be crazy to trade balkman for artest ... but balkman has fallen off the radar and isn't playing D the way i thought he would. at least in artest you have a PROVEN defender and a PROVEN scorer in the NBA - not in the Summer League.

Lee is a fan favorite and I can't imagine giving him up after watching him this year. If it weren't for him there would be no cheers. HOWEVER - I do notice that Lee doesn't get booed when he makes a turnover (which he does a lot) - shoots a terrible shot (which he does a lot). If we get Artest Plus a Pick for Lee and Nate ..... it's a STEAL for us. Better yet, we should just ask for the rights to swap picks ....

We need a leader who can actually perform on the floor.

The Kings aren't trading a top 10 pick and Artest for Lee dude. Geoff Petrie is not Isiah Thomas.

As a Kings fan I rather have Balkman than Lee because he plays better defense right?
midtown
Veteran

Post#74 » by midtown » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:18 pm

Tell me folks..... for those who are against getting a player like Artest, who should we get that is realistically avail?
bebop
Sophomore

Post#75 » by bebop » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm a Kings fan and let me put this potential trade in perspective: we don't want your garbage, we won't give up our first round pick, and if you take Ron Ron, you take Ken Ken (Thomas) with you. Our priority is not so much trading Artest as getting rid of Kenny Thomas. Arest (or Bibby) is just a bait to entice another team to take KT. Keep that in mind.

Now, if there's a way to make this trade work, great. If not, no big deal. Artest is essentially an expiring contract and he's underpaid for what he brings to the floor. We'd rather keep him than trade him for say, any player on your team not named David Lee.

Now, some of you who want to wait til this summer and sign Artest via sign n trade; er, who do you think Petrie is going to ask for from the Knicks? Yep, you guess it - David Lee. No David Lee, no sign n trade. So basically what we want from the Knicks isn't going to change just because it's summer.

And if you know Petrie, you know he doesn't like to tank. He's still trying to win. So it wouldn't hurt Petrie one bit if we keep Artest and make that playoff push.

But from what I saw of the Knicks last nite, Artest isn't going to turn it around for you guys. Sure, two seasons ago Artest joined the underachieving Kings and lead them to the playoff; but that Kings team was a hard-working team that still wanted to win. The Knicks that I saw yesterday didn't even pretend to play hard. One person isn't going to fix that.
"Our offense is like a math equation. There is no answer." - Shaq O'Neal.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#76 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:25 pm

bebop wrote:I'm a Kings fan and let me put this potential trade in perspective: we don't want your garbage, we won't give up our first round pick, and if you take Ron Ron, you take Ken Ken (Thomas) with you. Our priority is not so much trading Artest as getting rid of Kenny Thomas. Arest (or Bibby) is just a bait to entice another team to take KT. Keep that in mind.

Now, if there's a way to make this trade work, great. If not, no big deal. Artest is essentially an expiring contract and he's underpaid for what he brings to the floor. We'd rather keep him than trade him for say, any player on your team not named David Lee.

Now, some of you who want to wait til this summer and sign Artest via sign n trade; er, who do you think Petrie is going to ask for from the Knicks? Yep, you guess it - David Lee. No David Lee, no sign n trade. So basically what we want from the Knicks isn't going to change just because it's summer.

And if you know Petrie, you know he doesn't like to tank. He's still trying to win. So it wouldn't hurt Petrie one bit if we keep Artest and make that playoff push.

But from what I saw of the Knicks last nite, Artest isn't going to turn it around for you guys. Sure, two seasons ago Artest joined the underachieving Kings and lead them to the playoff; but that Kings team was a hard-working team that still wanted to win. The Knicks that I saw yesterday didn't even pretend to play hard. One person isn't going to fix that.

You can have Lee as far as I am concerned, he vastly overrated! Balkman, Nate and Malik for Artest would work...LOL

Now as far as your claim that 1 person is not going to fix that, I disagree, teams/players have to have one of two things, someone who they either respect because of his game or FEAR because of how hard he goes at it in practices....I think Ron would make a HUGE difference because they'd have a healthy respect/fear of him!

You know why we love Lee around here? It's because he plays hard, not always well but hard....Ron Artest does that and then some!
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#77 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:26 pm

I'd trade Balkman for Artest in a heart beat. Balkman is overrated. What we are hoping Balkman will be Artest already is.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#78 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:26 pm

bebop wrote:Artest isn't going to turn it around for you guys. Sure, two seasons ago Artest joined the underachieving Kings and lead them to the playoff; but that Kings team was a hard-working team that still wanted to win. The Knicks that I saw yesterday didn't even pretend to play hard. One person isn't going to fix that.

I think this is the point that needs to be stressed
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#79 » by sol537 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:32 pm

I agree that Artest is not the solution. We have to dump Isiah and bring in a competent GM/Coach combo to really make a difference. I think we should try to hold on to our young chips and try to sign Artest in the summer and draft a PG stud if possible. Those two additions would turn us around quickly. We could also dump Curry and/or Randolph and get a defensive big in return. Marbury's time is up and Q and Malik will be gone soon as well. It's time to turn the corner at long last.
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#80 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:34 pm

sol537 wrote:I agree that Artest is not the solution. We have to dump Isiah and bring in a competent GM/Coach combo to really make a difference. I think we should try to hold on to our young chips and try to sign Artest in the summer and draft a PG stud if possible. Those two additions would turn us around quickly. We could also dump Curry and/or Randolph and get a defensive big in return. Marbury's time is up and Q and Malik will be gone soon as well. It's time to turn the corner at long last.

I think Artest and 2 number 1 drafts picks is a good start (This year and next year). Artest does not have to be the solution, but he could be part of the ingredient.

Return to New York Knicks