ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,602

Re: PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going 

Post#621 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue May 7, 2024 8:18 pm

The one uncharacteristic thing from last night was giving up several wide open shots at the rim off passes. And we weren't going small either. I guess they were just bad rotations but they gotta be cognizant of that next game. That would've been the difference in the game if things didn't go our way at the end. Only 11 minutes for Mitch but he pretty clearly isn't 100%. I still think we match up pretty well with them, and confident in our chances. LFG!
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,564

Post#622 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 8:35 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:Media and opposing fans are crying because of something called LolKnicks. It is something they grew up with. It is like a national pastime for them, to make fun of the Knicks 24/7 and treat them as a class clown. It's been 24 years of the same thoughtless nonsense.

They are panicking now because they can't accept we are actually good. They will do all sorts of malarkey to continue the tradition ranging from disrespect, crying about the refs, to creating stats that show our players are not very good.

What they are experiencing now is cognitive dissonance and it will take several years for them to get over it.

Knicks becoming relevant is a conspiracy theory

that was brillant and :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#623 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 8:37 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:The one uncharacteristic thing from last night was giving up several wide open shots at the rim off passes. And we weren't going small either. I guess they were just bad rotations but they gotta be cognizant of that next game. That would've been the difference in the game if things didn't go our way at the end. Only 11 minutes for Mitch but he pretty clearly isn't 100%. I still think we match up pretty well with them, and confident in our chances. LFG!

I think tomorrows game will give us a better idea of how each team will play for the remainder of the series...Both teams will make adjustments...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,891

Post#624 » by Buttah304 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:38 pm

Reign23 wrote:just watched both games.
well maybe it is sustainable, that Brunson carries us to the Finals and Hart having energy to play 48 minutes every game.
unbelievable performance once again.
oh and Emmy Rossum <3

We’re not losing with this good luck charm.

Read on Twitter
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,837

Post#625 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 7, 2024 9:14 pm

Guano wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Guano wrote:
I was thinking about that part this morning. from the moment he touches the ball he is hounded. and then when he gets it pass hc he is doubled. it's relentless pressure with no one else on the roster to provide relief yet he is still putting up numbers that are absurd.

and I'm definitely one that is taking it for granted. he has raised the standard to the point I get annoyed when he misses.

on that note, it's really too bad randle is injured because i'd be all in on our chances if we had him right now.

Ehhh, I'm a bit more silver lining about losing Randle.

If it led to dropping in the standings and then getting easily handled out of the playoffs, then it would have me upset.

But the aftermath of Julius' injury has led to a Jalen Brunson masterclass of leadership/winning/production that has served to establish him more and more firmly around the league as the cornerstone superstar Knicks fans already accept him as.

I think that's invaluable on multiple fronts - positive media attention, officiating, and most importantly recruitment; making the Knicks a destination. I don't think this happens to the extent it has without the entire season getting suddenly heaped on his shoulders.

that's a positive outlook on it but for the teams success in these playoffs not having randle caps us. though after typing that I realized it could have capped us if he was healthy - considering the way he has played in the playoffs.

:lol:

In rare form today I see
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,610

Post#626 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 7, 2024 9:14 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,376

Post#627 » by F N 11 » Tue May 7, 2024 9:17 pm

Brunson blocked Turner never forget.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,995

Post#628 » by Guano » Tue May 7, 2024 9:29 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Guano wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Ehhh, I'm a bit more silver lining about losing Randle.

If it led to dropping in the standings and then getting easily handled out of the playoffs, then it would have me upset.

But the aftermath of Julius' injury has led to a Jalen Brunson masterclass of leadership/winning/production that has served to establish him more and more firmly around the league as the cornerstone superstar Knicks fans already accept him as.

I think that's invaluable on multiple fronts - positive media attention, officiating, and most importantly recruitment; making the Knicks a destination. I don't think this happens to the extent it has without the entire season getting suddenly heaped on his shoulders.

that's a positive outlook on it but for the teams success in these playoffs not having randle caps us. though after typing that I realized it could have capped us if he was healthy - considering the way he has played in the playoffs.

In rare form today I see

if the universe is infinite there are infinite possibilities
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Context
RealGM

Post#629 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 9:31 pm

F N 11 wrote:Brunson blocked Turner never forget.

:nod:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,962

Post#630 » by RHODEY » Tue May 7, 2024 9:35 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
sol537 wrote:Hypothetical: would NYK as currently constructed stand any chance against this Wolves team with all their length and defense (and Ant)?

With a healthy Randle? Yes.

But the Wolves are incredibly tough....their defense is super tough. I remember the regular season game against them, it was the first game with Anunoby as a knicks. We kinda dominated them for 3,5 quarters and lead by 20+ points but in the end it got close.

Right now with a healthy Randle I favor the Knicks....based on raw talent and having someone to drape onto Edwards - (OG) . They have no answer for Randle or Brunson. ...and the thing is we still have chips to improve majorly from here.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#631 » by aggo » Tue May 7, 2024 9:43 pm

This is not a Mitch series. We need a defender that can move and recover more
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#632 » by Besart19 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:P.S. Mitch is playing and Precious ain’t and you’ll like it. Save all that talk for the ”who gives a sh*t” thread.

Both should play and Mitch should start... Achiuwa 8 mins at C, 8-12 others at PF (when Obi is with another big on the floor)
Strength and Honour!
aggo
RealGM

Post#633 » by aggo » Tue May 7, 2024 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
aggo
RealGM

Post#634 » by aggo » Tue May 7, 2024 10:08 pm

Besart19 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:P.S. Mitch is playing and Precious ain’t and you’ll like it. Save all that talk for the ”who gives a sh*t” thread.

Both should play and Mitch should start... Achiuwa 8 mins at C, 8-12 others at PF (when Obi is with another big on the floor)

Precious will now take up all of Mitch’s mins for the rest of the series. Everyone will see the impact of previous against this offense

And then we will work on Alec Burks getting playing time
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,543

Post#635 » by robillionaire » Tue May 7, 2024 10:08 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

So that second one (INC) incorrect no call if I’m reading correctly means they should have called an offensive foul on Turner and didn’t call one.

This is not the one that they called the illegal screen and the pacers challenged and lost this was another play
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,295

Post#636 » by Kampuchea » Tue May 7, 2024 10:13 pm

Damn, media says Pacers were robbed

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,838

Post#637 » by Wildcat » Tue May 7, 2024 10:24 pm

I wonder if we'll see Toppins vs. Toppins with Mitch out.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 529

Post#638 » by kNicksGmen » Tue May 7, 2024 10:44 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

So that second one (INC) incorrect no call if I’m reading correctly means they should have called an offensive foul on Turner and didn’t call one.

This is not the one that they called the illegal screen and the pacers challenged and lost this was another play

yea that confused me at first but you're right. it was the last possession when they were already down 4.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,177

Post#639 » by E86 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:45 pm

there are a thousand other scenarios in the last 5 minutes of the game where the knicks still win. the narrative about officiating is so boring. so fking boring.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,986
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#640 » by will » Tue May 7, 2024 10:58 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Damn, media says Pacers were robbed

The media needs to stay relevant :lol:

Return to New York Knicks