ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,059

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#641 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu May 9, 2024 1:35 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:I'd rather Mitchell than Bridges

I think Mitchell is the greater talent while Brudges is the better fit. Sometimes you gotta tinker with fit for the greater talent but in this case I just don't know that Mitchell works for us. He and Jalen both wanna dribble the air outta the ball.

I don't see Bridges as a playmaker or shot creator and that's what we need

Bridges ain’t coming. Just look at the Nets fans on realGM.

They can’t handle the Knicks success….they already know. They’re cheering when Brunson gets hurt, trying to find ways to downplay the Knicks’ success, and rightfully insecure about their standing in New York.

And if the fanbase can’t handle it, just think about the FO. Do they really want to hear about the Villanova 4? They’re not even worried about competing at this point…they need to survive as a franchise.

It’s best to just leave behind short term Mikal dreams at this point.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,257

Post#642 » by Juco24 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:36 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I know stars win playoff games, and the Knicks really need another scoring option, but maybe Randle works in that role.

So, is the move to add Bridges, or even go smaller and try for Eason. Or, if for some illogical reason, Pels willing to trade Trey Murphy III....

Knicks could use more depth that is playable.

I get that getting Bridges pushes Donte to the bench or Bridges plays supersub himself so there's that.

If Randle was able to stay healthy then we prob wouldn't need to trade for another star. But seeing how Brunson is damn near by himself right now.. I think we need another big time scorer as insurance. I also think we would be able to keep Randle if we traded for Donovan Mitchell as well.

Man, bro - although you made the statement - I don't know if you even realize how on point it is. WITH Randle, you get another facilitator. Another rebounder. Another scorer. ANOTHER ALL-STAR. Brunson/Divo/iHart/OG/Randle were not only killing it but they were just getting the feel for one another.

If Spida asks out... you give Robinson, Bog, picks and say to Clev - find something better. Because Spida just might not sign an extension with anyone except New York. To your point, I'm not including Randle in a trade. Especially when we get Spida for free in a year's time (obviously pending salary cap rules).

This team, as constructed is actually fairly close. We see that now with a depleted roster.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#643 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 1:39 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
I think Mitchell is the greater talent while Brudges is the better fit. Sometimes you gotta tinker with fit for the greater talent but in this case I just don't know that Mitchell works for us. He and Jalen both wanna dribble the air outta the ball.

I don't see Bridges as a playmaker or shot creator and that's what we need

Bridges ain’t coming. Just look at the Nets fans on realGM.

They can’t handle the Knicks success….they already know. They’re cheering when Brunson gets hurt, trying to find ways to downplay the Knicks’ success, and rightfully insecure about their standing in New York.

And if the fanbase can’t handle it, just think about the FO. Do they really want to hear about the Villanova 4? They’re not even worried about competing at this point…they need to survive as a franchise.

It’s best to just leave behind short term Mikal dreams at this point.

couldnt have said it better...

We just need to find the players in the nba that are will to play 40 minutes a game, would love to play for Thibs and love New York and everything that comes with it :lol:

I dont know why some of you torture yourself on the general board... We all need to enjoy this run while its going...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,282

Post#644 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 9, 2024 3:20 pm

Who would be a great fit for our mid-level exception?
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,928

Post#645 » by KnixinSix » Thu May 9, 2024 3:46 pm

Juco24 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I know stars win playoff games, and the Knicks really need another scoring option, but maybe Randle works in that role.

So, is the move to add Bridges, or even go smaller and try for Eason. Or, if for some illogical reason, Pels willing to trade Trey Murphy III....

I get that getting Bridges pushes Donte to the bench or Bridges plays supersub himself so there's that.

If Randle was able to stay healthy then we prob wouldn't need to trade for another star. But seeing how Brunson is damn near by himself right now.. I think we need another big time scorer as insurance. I also think we would be able to keep Randle if we traded for Donovan Mitchell as well.

Man, bro - although you made the statement - I don't know if you even realize how on point it is. WITH Randle, you get another facilitator. Another rebounder. Another scorer. ANOTHER ALL-STAR. Brunson/Divo/iHart/OG/Randle were not only killing it but they were just getting the feel for one another.

If Spida asks out... you give Robinson, Bog, picks and say to Clev - find something better. Because Spida just might not sign an extension with anyone except New York. To your point, I'm not including Randle in a trade. Especially when we get Spida for free in a year's time (obviously pending salary cap rules).

This team, as constructed is actually fairly close. We see that now with a depleted roster.

Spidah puts this team over the top. DDV, Spida and Brunson is an absolute monster back court.

McBride, Mitchell Robinson, Bogey and 3-4FRPs for Spidah,Okoro. Keep Precious, keep Randle, re-sign I-Hart.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,465

Post#646 » by spree8 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:05 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Who would be a great fit for our mid-level exception?

Maybe Bruce Brown, Royce O’Neale (boys with Donovan Mitchell too), Taurean Prince
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#647 » by RHODEY » Thu May 9, 2024 4:20 pm

Specifically wing depth...but yeah those would all be great moves. Bridges would be my top choice, but honestly any of those three guys would be enough to put us over the top if we kept Randle. But I don't see anyone of those teams realistically wanting to come of f those payers...I hope I'm wrong.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,438

Post#648 » by Ray Williams » Thu May 9, 2024 4:50 pm

Sign this guy to back up Brunson
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#649 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 5:00 pm

Run it back. See what shakes loose but, we are not desperate for anything that may hit the market this summer.

I am sure names will be tossed around and most of it will be guys who aren't going anywhere. When the actual market opens up we can see what's what. We don't have to do much though. We can wait until the next TDL if we want. If everyone comes back healthy, that's gonna bring us back to January level talent. We were the best in the league that month. Imagine having a full season of that.
:beer: RIP mags
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,838

Post#650 » by Wildcat » Thu May 9, 2024 5:04 pm

Here for my daily dose of Spida fixation/fanfic.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#651 » by The KnicksFix » Thu May 9, 2024 5:30 pm

give me mikal, we are so damn close, mikal is the guy, 4 picks, bogie, burks DO IT
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,102

Post#652 » by WaltFrazier » Thu May 9, 2024 5:39 pm

What about Ingram. Being mentioned now as trade candidate. Sixers, Lakers rumored, why aren't the Knicks?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#653 » by GONYK » Thu May 9, 2024 5:43 pm

spree8 wrote:

Maybe Bruce Brown, Royce O’Neale (boys with Donovan Mitchell too), Taurean Prince

TJ McConnel
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#654 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 5:47 pm

GONYK wrote:
spree8 wrote:

TJ McConnel

Perfect fit. Too bad he's not available for another year.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#655 » by GONYK » Thu May 9, 2024 5:55 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
GONYK wrote:
spree8 wrote:

TJ McConnel

Ah, you're right. I thought he was expiring this season.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#656 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 6:10 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
GONYK wrote:
spree8 wrote:

TJ McConnel

Yeah. He would a great fit off the bench here. Run it back healthy with him as a bench player makes us that much deeper/tougher. I hate him as an opponent but, he is a perfect fit for the identity of this team.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#657 » by aggo » Thu May 9, 2024 6:56 pm

Trade Mitch to OKC so they don’t offer ihart 100+ m.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,725

Post#658 » by Meat » Thu May 9, 2024 7:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:What about Ingram. Being mentioned now as trade candidate. Sixers, Lakers rumored, why aren't the Knicks?

Ingram is a 6th man
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#659 » by RHODEY » Thu May 9, 2024 7:25 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:What about Ingram. Being mentioned now as trade candidate. Sixers, Lakers rumored, why aren't the Knicks?

Im a fan of his talent, but not a fan of his game and passive demeanor. Not a good fit imo.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,936

Post#660 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 9, 2024 7:50 pm

LookToShoot wrote:As much as I like OG, he doesn't have enough of a bag to command max. You could replace him with DeRozan who defends and can get his own shot.

This guy wants to replace OG Anunoby :lol:

Return to New York Knicks