ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Natural Born Killas

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,547

Re: PG: Natural Born Killas 

Post#641 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 9:01 pm

can we digress for a moment knick family:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,889

Post#642 » by Buttah304 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:17 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Siakam played like trash btw lol

For as much of a pain Randle can be at times - he’s twice the player Pascal is in my book. Siakam entire game is ridiculously overrated.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#643 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:18 pm

KnicksGod wrote:What’s this “pessimism” about OG playing G3. He’s not playing.

Just have OG chill in NY. Maybe leave Hart and Brunson too. Let Shake and Burks "Shake and Bake"
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,608

Post#644 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 9, 2024 9:39 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#645 » by KnicksGod » Thu May 9, 2024 9:43 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:What’s this “pessimism” about OG playing G3. He’s not playing.

Just have OG chill in NY. Maybe leave Hart and Brunson too. Let Shake and Burks "Shake and Bake"

Shake & Bake is really funny
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,439

Post#646 » by god shammgod » Thu May 9, 2024 9:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

i expected og to miss the game. i wonder if they have a timeline on his injury.
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,798

Post#647 » by Ghetto Gospel » Thu May 9, 2024 9:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:Regarding Obi:

I’m never in the game threads during the games, but it’s funny how triggered some are getting over him. We tried to tell you he was a good player in a bad situation here. He’s got flaws, but is great at what he does well and has performed in the playoffs every time he’s been in them. Only getting better.

Yes he lost his starting job to Siakam, but if you go to Pacers forums (Reddit, etc) many want to keep Obi over him actually. When you take how they have played against us, their age difference, and Siakam’s crazy contract demands it’s understandable. Obi didn’t take off as a starter for them, but he has gotten better as the season went on. Ended it great and took it into the playoffs.

Rick plays Obi with Siakam at the 4/5 and even plays Obi at the 3 with Siakam and Turner/Jackson. These are things Thibs didn’t do that we wanted to give him some extra time.

Pacer fans are saying Obi has been defending and rebounding better the last few months as well, and the numbers/eye test show that. He’s not perfect, but we gave the guy away for nothing because we didn’t have any plan for him.

I hope we smack the Pacers and Obi now, but it’s a good thing that Leon didn’t draft some bust with his first pick like many here called him for years.

The problem is Obi's defense. The Pacers are not a good defensive team.

His defense was god awful as a starter which is why they had to bench him
Read on Twitter

he's a bench 4 and always has been.

thibs just likes his role players to be dogs that play defense. obi ain't that so he ain't play much. that's all there is to it
RealGM
And1: 39,319

Post#648 » by 2010 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bro, they lie so much and are so untrustworthy about injuries I wouldn’t be surprised if OG already has an appointment for hammy surgery.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#649 » by KnicksGod » Thu May 9, 2024 10:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Feels like now they keep it private.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#650 » by Besart19 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:07 pm

2010 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bro, they lie so much and are so untrustworthy about injuries I wouldn’t be surprised if OG already has an appointment for hammy surgery.

NBA Finals rotation

Achiuwa / Sims
Hart
Donte
McBride / Burks
Brunson
Strength and Honour!
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#651 » by SelbyCobra » Fri May 10, 2024 2:38 am

Read on Twitter
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,724

Post#652 » by Meat » Fri May 10, 2024 4:10 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Meat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Nope! That's not how injuries work. They are random and bad luck. There is NOTHING that says a certain amount of minutes puts you at a greatest risk of injuries. Fatigue, obviously. But fatigue doesn't equal or increase injuries. We've seen players pull their hamstrings in the first month of a season and any player can hurt their foot at any time. You want to avoid injuries 100%? Wrap your players in plastic and don't play them at all.

You're 100% wrong, acute injuries are random and bad luck but most injuries are chronic and they're a steady accumulation of micro wear and tears over time

Prove it.

these are medical terms, "acute injury" and "chronic injury", also idk common sense
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#653 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 10, 2024 7:38 am

Ursusamericanus wrote:**** YOU REGGIE!!!

I always think it is shameful to curse as part of a crowd. Miller has been a class act throughout the years and the “Ref U Suck” chanting in arenas is something I’d sanction if I owned a team. It’s bad for our children, does nothing but reflect our unhinged society and, most importantly, is simply wrong and unfair.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#654 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 10, 2024 7:43 am

Meat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Meat wrote:
You're 100% wrong, acute injuries are random and bad luck but most injuries are chronic and they're a steady accumulation of micro wear and tears over time

Prove it.

these are medical terms, "acute injury" and "chronic injury", also idk common sense

It is called “wear and tear” for a reason. Mileage leads to injury and contributes to the occurrence of freak injuries too. I mean, of course it does. Wtf are we even talking about. None of this is a surprise. This is a great run, but they’re all gassed, exhausted, run down.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#655 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 10, 2024 7:52 am

Guano wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
will wrote:
Outside of one game against Philly, Donte has been superb.

Not at all. He had a nightmare round 1. Shooting just 36% from the field with awful defense. Nice to see him step it up lately though.

Last two games he played solid defense on Maxey. Especially the close out game.

Donte is a quality starting guard. No need to sell the farm for another smallish scoring guard, but if we could get Bridges, our depth would be off the charts. Go after a legitimate floor-spacing big instead.

A) small ball with DDV

Brunson
Donte
Bridges
OG
KAT/AD/Laurie/…

B) big lineup with Bridges at 2-guard

Brunson
Bridges
OG
KAT/AD/Laurie/Randle
Hartenstein

You win it all that way.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#656 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 10, 2024 8:10 am

Buttah304 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Siakam played like trash btw lol

For as much of a pain Randle can be at times - he’s twice the player Pascal is in my book. Siakam entire game is ridiculously overrated.

This is the easy thing to say. However, in my opinion, the Randle situation is a glimpse at what could be if we traded him: a team that wins 50:50 balls rather than wastes possessions fumbling or dribbling the ball into double teams, shooting threes on low percentage and all that. This may even be addition by subtraction, and Siakam is still the superior player in my book.

Let’s not simply assume our team would also gel that much, let alone be better, with our beloved all star ball stopper in the mix. I don’t think it would.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#657 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 10, 2024 2:48 pm

BKlutch wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't get the bitterness and hate unless it goes back to with Kenny Smith getting his ass handed to him by Derek Harper, Oakley punking Barkley and Ewing not worshipping Shaq as a young player. But I doubt it's any of that. They are all retired players who come across as jealous cause they never got this type of support from their own teams.

I dislike them so much I listen to Monica & Co. on the radio and turn off the audio. They're awaful - dissing a whole city from their own ignorance.

Pardon my ignorance but do you just mute the TV and have the radio on or this there a whole other process?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#658 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 10, 2024 2:55 pm

Meat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Meat wrote:

Prove it.

So how does it work doc? Should Thibs keep everyone under 30 mpg to avoid these chronic injuries? Would 20 mpg do it? I say the Knicks hire you since you know everything.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,474

Post#659 » by GONYK » Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm

FWIW, this doctor said that neither Jalen nor OG's injuries are from overuse (~21 min mark)

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,460
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#660 » by BKlutch » Fri May 10, 2024 3:59 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
I don't get the bitterness and hate unless it goes back to with Kenny Smith getting his ass handed to him by Derek Harper, Oakley punking Barkley and Ewing not worshipping Shaq as a young player. But I doubt it's any of that. They are all retired players who come across as jealous cause they never got this type of support from their own teams.

I dislike them so much I listen to Monica & Co. on the radio and turn off the audio. They're awaful - dissing a whole city from their own ignorance.

Pardon my ignorance but do you just mute the TV and have the radio on or this there a whole other process?

Just mute the TV and listen to the radio. It's the only way, but the game is so much better (if a little bit out of sync). Fortunately, we're getting Breen, Reddick (and, sadly, Doris) tonight on ESPN. Breen should be a gem again.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks