ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,857

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#741 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 pm

Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:This season was EXTREMELY taxing on our lineup. There is no doubt Thibs rides them hard.

Now get a star like Giannis, Mitchell or Bridges on the team and lengthen the lineup.

He rode them because the bench after the OG trade has been an inconsistent at best. Injuries didn't help to cerement consistency. I'm absolutely not blaming Randle, but his injury created such a ripple effect. A bench of Josh, Deuce, Mitch, and maybe another guard (or Bogs) is going do wonders for their starting unit. The one thing I can say about Josh's experience as a starter is probably having him as the primary ball handler for the bench, so Deuce isn't pressured to playing as a PG.

yeah i think next year's bench of ddv, jhart and deuce is going to be killer

That's if you're think they're getting either of your guys. I think Cavs are more likely to trade Garland to built a roster around Spida than it is to see him be traded here. Just too much money on the line for Spida. If the team stands pat, I think Deuce is going to be able to play well with Josh's fast pace.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,611

Post#742 » by robillionaire » Mon May 13, 2024 1:33 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
He rode them because the bench after the OG trade has been an inconsistent at best. Injuries didn't help to cerement consistency. I'm absolutely not blaming Randle, but his injury created such a ripple effect. A bench of Josh, Deuce, Mitch, and maybe another guard (or Bogs) is going do wonders for their starting unit. The one thing I can say about Josh's experience as a starter is probably having him as the primary ball handler for the bench, so Deuce isn't pressured to playing as a PG.

yeah i think next year's bench of ddv, jhart and deuce is going to be killer

That's if you're think they're getting either of your guys. I think Cavs are more likely to trade Garland to built a roster around Spida than it is to see him be traded here. Just too much money on the line for Spida. If the team stands pat, I think Deuce is going to be able to play well with Josh's fast pace.

The Cavs don’t want to trade Donovan. They traded picks for the rest of the decade for him. He’d have to force his way out by demanding a trade. And why would he? his team isn’t doing all that bad. They could be thinking adding a piece to take the next step to the finals just like we are.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,442

Post#743 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon May 13, 2024 1:41 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
I mentioned acquiring Ingram a couple weeks back and people panned it….dude has length defense and offense. What’s your max count of frps to give up ?

I don't really know. I don't know Ingram well enough. The only reason I checked trade checker on him was because I saw an article that he could be traded - I didn't think it would work without Randle, but it did - so I posted the trade.

But how many picks or is he the guy? I'm not that smart. I don't know.

We have the 24 & 25 pick this year (and a 2nd rounder - but I'm going to ignore those)

2025 we probably get the Bucks pick (top 4 protected) and ours - so two, figure in the 20s, next year.

Pistons/Wizards picks could be better, but have a chance on not making the protection and becoming 2nds.

So, does NY give like a 2028 unprotected pick? That's a risk. I wouldn't do that. But when/if they start stacking protections on picks, they have less value.

So, . . . I don't know. I think a #24 this year, the Bucks pick next year, and maybe a future pick - 3 picks. I think they could get a good player with that and Bogs salary.

I don't know if 3 picks gets Ingram, so, I'm just going to sit and watch. I'm not sure what they'll do.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,442

Post#744 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 pm

robillionaire wrote:
The Cavs don’t want to trade Donovan. They traded picks for the rest of the decade for him. He’d have to force his way out by demanding a trade. And why would he? his team isn’t doing all that bad. They could be thinking adding a piece to take the next step to the finals just like we are.

The Cavs are also getting better too. I agree with you. Donovan would be a crazy long shot, at least the way the Cavs are looking now.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,949

Post#745 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Say what you want, I’m still approving a KAT trade.

Does Minnesota? Does KAT force a trade?

- - -

I don't know what's going to happen but I'm leaning towards them keeping Randle, though I'd trade him in the right move.

I'm afraid that with teams tanking, the picks have less value than they used to - well, some do.

So the Knicks are either going to have to take on salary, which is fine for the right player, or get a disgruntled player who wants out and the team complies. I have no idea who that player's going to be. But Bogs will probably be the centerpiece of that swap.

Maybe they trade Joku? Precious, Sims, and the d-leagers can be added for salary. I think they'd like to keep Precious but for the right trade, they'd move him in a heartbeat.

The 24/25 picks could be moved too, but I think they want to draft some players this draft for their youth.

long story short - I think we're either getting a salary a team wants to move on from or a disgruntled player who wants a trade. I think they'll give up some picks, but not a ton of them. But, time will tell.

It's not about who we want so much as who other teams are willing to part with and pick the best of those.

If you can trade for KAT, the logic is that they want out from under his contract in order to keep adding pieces around Edwards. In that case you trade them Randle, who they should really appreciate in return, Bogdanovic and no (first round) picks at all.

Imagine being Minnesota. You get to save 20 million once you trade Bogdanovic in another trade and can probably even get picks in return for him. Basketballwise, compared to KAT, Randle’s single edge is his mobility, which happens to be what the Wolves might need most next to Gobert.

Conley/NAW, Edwards, McDaniels, Randle, Gobert

plus 20 million off your cap is a good deal.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,291

Post#746 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 13, 2024 3:36 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Say what you want, I’m still approving a KAT trade.

- - -

I don't know what's going to happen but I'm leaning towards them keeping Randle, though I'd trade him in the right move.

I'm afraid that with teams tanking, the picks have less value than they used to - well, some do.

So the Knicks are either going to have to take on salary, which is fine for the right player, or get a disgruntled player who wants out and the team complies. I have no idea who that player's going to be. But Bogs will probably be the centerpiece of that swap.

Maybe they trade Joku? Precious, Sims, and the d-leagers can be added for salary. I think they'd like to keep Precious but for the right trade, they'd move him in a heartbeat.

The 24/25 picks could be moved too, but I think they want to draft some players this draft for their youth.

long story short - I think we're either getting a salary a team wants to move on from or a disgruntled player who wants a trade. I think they'll give up some picks, but not a ton of them. But, time will tell.

It's not about who we want so much as who other teams are willing to part with and pick the best of those.

If you can trade for KAT, the logic is that they want out from under his contract in order to keep adding pieces around Edwards. In that case you trade them Randle, who they should really appreciate in return, Bogdanovic and no (first round) picks at all.

Imagine being Minnesota. You get to save 20 million once you trade Bogdanovic in another trade and can probably even get picks in return for him. Basketballwise, compared to KAT, Randle’s single edge is his mobility, which happens to be what the Wolves might need most next to Gobert.

I don't think you have to trade Bogdanovic. He has a club option with a partial guaranteed at 2m. They an simply just decline his option. However, it will be hard to just decline an option for a guy that can get you buckets.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#747 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

- - -

I don't think you have to trade Bogdanovic. He has a club option with a partial guaranteed at 2m. They an simply just decline his option. However, it will be hard to just decline an option for a guy that can get you buckets.

Either way this is a very real scenario imo and we would benefit greatly from the added shooting, huge body, sound decision making. KAT is a beast, regardless of what he may have looked like the other night. He’ll battle Jokic, Embiid etc and give you very, very good spacing as well as an unselfish player.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#748 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:If you can trade for KAT, the logic is that they want out from under his contract in order to keep adding pieces around Edwards. In that case you trade them Randle, who they should really appreciate in return, Bogdanovic and no (first round) picks at all.

Either way this is a very real scenario imo and we would benefit greatly from the added shooting, huge body, sound decision making. KAT is a beast, regardless of what he may have looked like the other night. He’ll battle Jokic, Embiid etc and give you very, very good spacing as well as an unselfish player.

The more I think about KAT or Mitchell. I would like to have a guy like KAT. He can play both position and shoot at a high 3pt rate (42% this year). He is a 3 level scorer and is willing to defer if needed.

Mitchell is so explosive but having 2 smallish guys in the backcourt makes me queasy but having those 2 in the backcourt can make a lot of problems also go away. Both can handle the rock, can be lead guards when one is on the bench, can close games, won't need a backup PG in the offseason.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#749 » by spree2kawhi » Mon May 13, 2024 3:54 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

The more I think about KAT or Mitchell. I would like to have a guy like KAT. He can play both position and shoot at a high 3pt rate (42% this year). He is a 3 level scorer and is willing to defer if needed.

Mitchell is so explosive but having 2 smallish guys in the backcourt makes me queasy but having those 2 in the backcourt can make a lot of problems also go away. Both can handle the rock, can be lead guards when one is on the bench, can close games, won't need a backup PG in the offseason.

Absolutely. The list of players like Towns is very short. Markkanen comes to mind, Embiid and Jokic, Wemby now and AD, who is a worse shooter by far. Hell, KP isn’t even on that level and I think that’s the list. Reid is another guy (which should only make KAT more expendable). They would certainly consider trading him for Randle.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#750 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Either way this is a very real scenario imo and we would benefit greatly from the added shooting, huge body, sound decision making. KAT is a beast, regardless of what he may have looked like the other night. He’ll battle Jokic, Embiid etc and give you very, very good spacing as well as an unselfish player.

Absolutely. The list of players like Towns is very short. Markkanen comes to mind, Embiid and Jokic, Wemby now and AD, who is a worse shooter by far. Hell, KP isn’t even on that level and I think that’s the list. Reid is another guy (which should only make KAT more expendable). They would certainly consider trading him for Randle.

You're banking on Minny's owner Glen Taylor to trade away KAT because of 2nd apron implications and paying the luxury tax. My gut feeling is that they will keep KAT because of what they have done to the Nuggets and in the 2nd round. The owner loves Minnesota and the city. For him to turn into a villian is not in his cards. But then again, if KAT ask out.. what are you going to do?

If ARod has this team right now, he would probably trade KAT this offseason.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#751 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 4:14 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

You're banking on Minny's owner Glen Taylor to trade away KAT because of 2nd apron implications and paying the luxury tax. My gut feeling is that they will keep KAT because of what they have done to the Nuggets and in the 2nd round. The owner loves Minnesota and the city. For him to turn into a villian is not in his cards. But then again, if KAT ask out.. what are you going to do?

I think they keep KAT's either way. Couple of months ago I looked at their revenue a couple of seasons ago and if it maintain the trajectory, the team -- even on the 2nd apron -- was/is profitable. Being in the 2nd round only helps. If they make it to the WCF, they're not breaking up this team.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#752 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Absolutely. The list of players like Towns is very short. Markkanen comes to mind, Embiid and Jokic, Wemby now and AD, who is a worse shooter by far. Hell, KP isn’t even on that level and I think that’s the list. Reid is another guy (which should only make KAT more expendable). They would certainly consider trading him for Randle.

I think they keep KAT's either way. Couple of months ago I looked at their revenue a couple of seasons ago and if it maintain the trajectory, the team -- even on the 2nd apron -- was/is profitable. Being in the 2nd round only helps. If they make it to the WCF, they're not breaking up this team.

I don't think they will break up this team if they lose another 2 games. They are the no.1 defense team with 2 stars and there's still a lot of ceiling left for Anthony Edwards. They also recently gave Conley an extension which might signal that they are keeping this core for another year or two. Every playoff teams need a 7-8 man rotation and they already have it. Kyle Anderson is who they are most likely looking to upgrade and that can be done.

Gobert
Towns| Reid
McDaniels
Edwards |Alexander-Walker
Conley
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,560

Post#753 » by sol537 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:16 pm

No to KAT... he's not a "winning" player IMO. Same goes for Ingram. There's a reason these guys might be available.

Give me dogs. Nothing but dogs.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,728

Post#754 » by Meat » Mon May 13, 2024 5:38 pm

sol537 wrote:No to KAT... he's not a "winning" player IMO. Same goes for Ingram. There's a reason these guys might be available.

this team turns puppies into dogs though, you even kinda saw it beginning with bogdanovic and he looks like he smells like cabbage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,630

Post#755 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 pm

Seeing this season unfold it is clear to me we need depth. We have several question marks moving forward concerning player health. Mitch/OG are injury prone. iHart has Achilles issues. How will Randle look next season? Bojan has been injured and is getting older. These are my only concerns with running it back. If we don't have depth to carry us through these issues we will potentially see a rinse and repeat season again.

We are close when fully healthy. This should be the team focus moving forward. Having enough bullets in the gun when it matters most. Anyone watching these playoffs is dreaming what we would look like fully healthy.
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,630

Post#756 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 pm

Meat wrote:
sol537 wrote:No to KAT... he's not a "winning" player IMO. Same goes for Ingram. There's a reason these guys might be available.

this team turns puppies into dogs though, you even kinda saw it beginning with bogdanovic and he looks like he smells like cabbage

:rofl: hahahahaaaa
:beer: RIP mags
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,245

Post#757 » by Spree2Houston » Mon May 13, 2024 6:45 pm

I would trade Bojan and our 2 2024 picks in a sign & trade for Quickley

Brunson/McBride
Quickley/Divenceno
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Hart
Mitch/Hartenstein
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,487

Post#758 » by aggo » Mon May 13, 2024 7:37 pm

kat is better than randle

ingram, well, I think we should just trade for mikal instead
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#759 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Seeing this season unfold it is clear to me we need depth. We have several question marks moving forward concerning player health. Mitch/OG are injury prone. iHart has Achilles issues. How will Randle look next season? Bojan has been injured and is getting older. These are my only concerns with running it back. If we don't have depth to carry us through these issues we will potentially see a rinse and repeat season again.

We are close when fully healthy. This should be the team focus moving forward. Having enough bullets in the gun when it matters most. Anyone watching these playoffs is dreaming what we would look like fully healthy.

I agree we need depth, but not many teams are down 4 key rotational players, so it looks more extreme than it should. Randle's injury was an unfortunate domino effect. I think Mitch at 20-24 MPG next season is going to be revolutionary for his longevity. Their frontline are all going to see reduction in minutes because there's no way Josh isn't seeing at least 30 MPG off the bench.

I don't like our 10/11/12 bench players, though. I know every team has them, but every time I watch them, I'm repelled by it.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#760 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 7:52 pm

aggo wrote:

kat is better than randle

ingram, well, I think we should just trade for mikal instead

KAT is not better. They are on par, but have different skillsets and impact the game in different ways. I prefer Randle's skillset, because of bully ball, ball handling capabilities, and slightly better passing. If you're going to run an offense that'll take advantage of KAT's ability to spread the floor, there's merit in that too, but that doesn't sound like a Thib's offense.

Return to New York Knicks