ImageImageImageImageImage

Julius Randle IS a 'cornerstone' player

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,746

Re: Julius Randle IS a 'cornerstone' player 

Post#761 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Ramona Shelbourne just mentioned on The Jump that Randle is eligible for a 4 year, 100 million dollar extension.

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?
Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#762 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm

KnixinSix wrote:Look at the results. Randle is averaging 23.1 points, 11 rebounds, and 5.6 assists... He is shooting 40 percent from three....

He is in rarified air. Here is the list of players to average at least 23 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in a season while also shooting at least 40 percent on 3s: Julius Randle.

Here is the list if you downsize that to 20, 10, and 5 and that 40 percent 3-point shooting: Julius Randle and Larry Bird."

The samples size is big enough now to see this is likely not an aberration at this point. Randle is cementing himself as a bonafide star in this league and YES cornerstone to a potential strong playoff team in the East (if you add another star to the mix).

https://theathletic.com/2391001/2021/02/16/julius-randles-44-point-game-means-more-for-knicks-than-making-him-an-all-star/?source=dailyemail

Wow that’s an eye opener! Randle has legit moved from all-star player to Superstar player with players like Kyrie, Harden, Durant, Lebron, Davis, Giannis, etc.

We should offer him the max when his contract is up.
Nbabrothers
Senior
And1: 203

Post#763 » by Nbabrothers » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:04 pm

Synciere wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Ramona Shelbourne just mentioned on The Jump that Randle is eligible for a 4 year, 100 million dollar extension.

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

I would definitely offer it but with caution. I don’t want to insult Randle when he actually is eligible for a higher pay rate Supermax contract.
In my opinion, he deserves the Supermax.
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#764 » by Isiahthomass » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:10 pm

My only issue with offering Randle the max would be that it is based off 1 season of great production. In the same token, and in comparison to other max level players, he absolutely deserves it though after the work he's put in this year. PLUS, with the Knicks struggling to sign other marquee free agents in the past, I think they have no choice but to offer him the max and hope he does take it. I just hope if he does take it that he does not regress into more of the Julius we saw last year.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,612

Post#765 » by Fat Kat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Synciere wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Ramona Shelbourne just mentioned on The Jump that Randle is eligible for a 4 year, 100 million dollar extension.

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

He won’t take it until he knows if he’ll make an All-NBA team. His max increases if he does. He’ll get it from us or someone else
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,746

Post#766 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

He won’t take it until he knows if he’ll make an All-NBA team. His max increases if he does. He’ll get it from us or someone else

Well know before it’s time to sign.

Either way, he’s probably worth it.
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#767 » by BugginOut » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

His max only increases if he makes All-NBA NEXT year, it makes no difference on his super max or extension if he makes it this year.

Best solution for Knicks would be to extend him this summer for the max they can offer at 100 for 4 years. If they wait and Randle makes the All-NBA team next year then his max goes up to 35 million per year. But hey if he makes All-NBA next year where KD and AD are healthy then he probably deserves it.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,069

Post#768 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:07 am

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

I doubt he would take that, can't imagine any agent would tell him to accept that.

We need to see if he can sustain the shooting next season, that is what has him playing at this level.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,087

Post#769 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:08 am

Fat Kat wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
You need to calm your biatch azz down. The next time you address me it needs to be respectfully

:lol: :lol:

Okay, dude. I don't need 'to do' anything. This is just a f*ckin message board with fans commenting. I didn't 'disrespect you' (which I find hilarious that you're worried about being respected on some message board).

You claiming that Julius is in the same boat as Jimmy Butler is comical.

Don't disrespect me by telling me to 'calm my biatch azz down'. Now that is disrespectful.

You don't have any 'street cred' (on a message board of all things) because you write some crazy messages about Randle being a next level star in the game and in the same category as Jimmy, sorry bud.

You should be apologizing right about now. If listen more and talk less, you might learn something.

the loudest one in the room is usually the dumbest one. not surprising he got banned multiple times before (kg confirmed it).
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#770 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:12 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

Okay, dude. I don't need 'to do' anything. This is just a f*ckin message board with fans commenting. I didn't 'disrespect you' (which I find hilarious that you're worried about being respected on some message board).

Don't disrespect me by telling me to 'calm my biatch azz down'. Now that is disrespectful.

You don't have any 'street cred' (on a message board of all things) because you write some crazy messages about Randle being a next level star in the game and in the same category as Jimmy, sorry bud.

You should be apologizing right about now. If listen more and talk less, you might learn something.

the loudest one in the room is usually the dumbest one. not surprising he got banned multiple times before (kg confirmed it).

Ah, Melo, you follow me everywhere. Such a sad existence you're living, with me consuming a large portion of that tiny brain of yours. :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,087

Post#771 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:16 am

NewKnicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Ah, Melo, you follow me everywhere. Such a sad existence you're living, with me consuming a large portion of that tiny brain of yours. :lol:

just pointing out how you're beefing with a lot of posters in every thread you're in cause you think you're some genius that's never wrong. try being humble for once.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#772 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:29 am

The FO is 100% offering Randle the max extension and--I can't believe I'm saying this--I'm fine with it.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#773 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:14 am

SmoothLefty21 wrote:The FO is 100% offering Randle the max extension and--I can't believe I'm saying this--I'm fine with it.

Yeah whatever one wants to happen it’d be silly to bet against him staying. I’d say almost no chance they will choose to let him go. Always some chance he leaves but it won’t be because they don’t offer him a Max.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,179

Post#774 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 am

BugginOut wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

His max only increases if he makes All-NBA NEXT year, it makes no difference on his super max or extension if he makes it this year.

Best solution for Knicks would be to extend him this summer for the max they can offer at 100 for 4 years. If they wait and Randle makes the All-NBA team next year then his max goes up to 35 million per year. But hey if he makes All-NBA next year where KD and AD are healthy then he probably deserves it.

Those super max rules aren’t for players who stay with the team who signed their first extension using rookie rights?

To be eligible, a player must be on the team that owns their rookie contract rights, have completed eight years in the NBA by the end of their current contract, and have accomplished at least one of the following:

Won MVP in any of the previous three seasons
Won the Defensive Player of the Year award in the previous season, or won it both of the two seasons before that
Made an All-NBA team—the first, second, or third team—in the previous season, or both of the two seasons before that

I thought Randle’s contract would be based off just years in service like any FA (percentage of cap)

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/17/20696975/nba-supermax-chris-paul-russell-westbrook

:dontknow:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,529

Post#775 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:17 am

Nbabrothers wrote:

Do we offer it?

Does he take that?

I would definitely offer it but with caution. I don’t want to insult Randle when he actually is eligible for a higher pay rate Supermax contract.
In my opinion, he deserves the Supermax.

Randle is a max player. He put in the hard work. Give it to him.
Free Palestine
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#776 » by FlashFlood » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:01 am

At the end of the day, the Knicks were garbage for 20 years. We loaded Randle up and this f!king guy carried the weight all year. Beyblade. The guy who has his own named move, the 'spin-over.' We roasted him all year long in 2020.

But here we are. I dont need to talk about how good Randle's been this year.

If he performs in the playoffs, I dont think there's any doubt he'll get the supermax. And from what we've seen all year, are we really going to doubt that he's going to turn out?
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#777 » by BugginOut » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:00 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BugginOut wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Those super max rules aren’t for players who stay with the team who signed their first extension using rookie rights?

To be eligible, a player must be on the team that owns their rookie contract rights, have completed eight years in the NBA by the end of their current contract, and have accomplished at least one of the following:

Won MVP in any of the previous three seasons
Won the Defensive Player of the Year award in the previous season, or won it both of the two seasons before that
Made an All-NBA team—the first, second, or third team—in the previous season, or both of the two seasons before that

I thought Randle’s contract would be based off just years in service like any FA (percentage of cap)

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/7/17/20696975/nba-supermax-chris-paul-russell-westbrook

:dontknow:

Yeah my mistake he would only be eligible for 30% of the cap if he makes All-NBA the year he signs, not 35% like Westbrook got
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#778 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:44 am

NewKnicks wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:

I honestly don't care what you think, and don't need your advice on how I should post on a message board.

Go away, flea. Your hot takes on players are horrible, btw. You're just another Knicks homer that other teams fans make fun of.

I guess you're already putting Julius in the Hall of Fame, correct? Because that's where Jimmy Butler will be after his career is finished. I need to see 3+ years of his play at least. I don't base my judgements of players on more than a half of year of play.

:lol:

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#779 » by Montmorencie » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:29 am

Players like him will attract players like Luka, Zion and Lavine in the years to come. The guy is 26! 26! He's got at least 8 years of high level given the current medicine, food science and his work ethic. This is not a 3-4 contending years or bust. This is a long-term deal. We couldn't sign free agents because we got nobody. Now we have a legitimate all star, probably the 4th best player in the East all around(defense + offense).
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#780 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks