ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Donte > Deuce

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Janquinn87
Freshman
And1: 110

Re: PG: Deuce > Donte 

Post#81 » by Janquinn87 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:33 pm

So Sims is getting the Obi treatment, stay at the 3pt line and pretend you Ray Allen. lol
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#82 » by duetta » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:19 pm

Considering his salary demands, as much as I love Quick, we need to see what he can bring back in terms of a true wing player.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,074

Post#83 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:20 pm

Robinson’s name came up in the Knicks’ talks with Portland about a potential Jrue Holiday trade, per SNY sources. Obviously, nothing came to fruition there, but any team talking to the Knicks about a significant deal will probably ask about Robinson. He’s young, productive and on a reasonable contract.

If the Knicks traded for Towns or Joel Embiid, it’s logical to assume that Robinson would be in the deal since he’d overlap positionally with either player.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#84 » by Iron Mantis » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Robinson’s name came up in the Knicks’ talks with Portland about a potential Jrue Holiday trade, per SNY sources. Obviously, nothing came to fruition there, but any team talking to the Knicks about a significant deal will probably ask about Robinson. He’s young, productive and on a reasonable contract.

If the Knicks traded for Towns or Joel Embiid, it’s logical to assume that Robinson would be in the deal since he’d overlap positionally with either player.

Mitch going out for Embiid makes sense.

It doesn't make sense for him to go out to play behind Gobert.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#85 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:06 pm

robillionaire wrote:Barring trade I ultimately expect a 9 man rotation of Brunson Grimes RJ Randle Mitch - IQ Donte Hart iHart

Nobody else will play except garbage time or injury reserve. McBride will be 3rd string PG, sims injury reserve center

The backup PF a will just be playing small ball with staggered lineups

This is all of course until the towns trade is official

That's a reasonable expectation though Deuce may force his way on to the floor to make that 10 guys
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,229

Post#86 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Seems like yesterday when the league wanted to emulate GS

Never a better strategy than having the best player in the league.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#87 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:14 pm

I blame the Mavs for this. We could have just drafted Whitmore and we'd be good with the backup big wing hole.

Still, I have a hard time believing that there wasn't some minor move available to fill backup PF. It feels negligent.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#88 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:29 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Considering Jokic was the 8 billionth pick in the draft I wish the FO would prioritize the draft more. Stars get picked at # 1. Steph was # 6 I think. We just missed him. Giannis much later, etc.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Considering Jokic was the 8 billionth pick in the draft I wish the FO would prioritize the draft more. Stars get picked at # 1. Steph was # 6 I think. We just missed him. Giannis much later, etc.

We can always keep our picks and take some risks. You need a lot of shots to make one.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#90 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:I blame the Mavs for this. We could have just drafted Whitmore and we'd be good with the backup big wing hole.

Still, I have a hard time believing that there wasn't some minor move available to fill backup PF. It feels negligent.

I'd think they are going to have to package up some guys to consolidate the roster by mid-season

Maybe they sign IQ and flip him. I'm already wondering if Donte at $12M is even tradeable
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#91 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:39 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I blame the Mavs for this. We could have just drafted Whitmore and we'd be good with the backup big wing hole.

I'd think they are going to have to package up some guys to consolidate the roster by mid-season

Maybe they sign IQ and flip him. I'm already wondering if Donte at $12M is even tradeable

You'd figure.

It's hard to get a read on the main guys from preseason but the hole at 4 is glaring. If Donte plays decent you can move him. Somebody's gotta give.
BAF Clippers

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#92 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:47 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

You'd figure.

It's hard to get a read on the main guys from preseason but the hole at 4 is glaring. If Donte plays decent you can move him. Somebody's gotta give.

If Pre-Season were a reliable indicator, Deuce may be one of this season's surprises and RJ may be that guy who wins us a bunch of games with either big nights or clutch plays. But since it's not, there's still lots of variables waiting to settle before we know who is in and who is out.

Donte could easily end up being one of the most reliable guys on the roster. There just isn't enough minutes for everyone so somebody is going to fall out of favor earlier than later.

I think everyone's fear now is forcing Sims to fill a role they don't look like they can fill and the result is Thibs failing to play to player strengths even if he is compensating for lack of depth at forward.
ImageImageImage
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,109

Post#93 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:35 pm

So no one has any confidence in Hart playing the 4, even though we haven’t even seen it yet?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,065

Post#94 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:45 pm

Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:Yall got me hyped up for small ball now you're saying we suck cause we too small. wtf man

Small ball was never about being small on the perimeter it was about up sizing there while downsizing the 4 and 5. The roster construction we have can't actually play small ball because we have no big wings to play the 4. Our biggest wing player is RJ and he's actually on the smaller side for a 3.

We have too many guards, the roster makes zero sense, no backup 3 or 4.

I got the sense over the last few years it meant not having a traditional 7 foot rim protector. Like the suggestion we put Randle or Obi at the 5 and the rest of the players are mostly the same.

With the current roster this is affecting the 2nd unit so maybe they can get away with it for a short time until they find a decent big backup wing/PF.

The problem now is that without Obi our PF in small ball lineups could be 6'4" or 6'6", this is incredibly small for a team that doesn't have much size on the perimeter. If you were going to play Obi and Randle together you upsize at 2 and 3, that's how modern small ball lineups are supposed to work. Like ideally you want whoever is playing with Brunson to be 6'4"+ in the backcourt then a 6'7"+ wing and a 6'8"+ wing to play the 4.

We're a small team, not so much a small ball team. Like the Magic are essentially a small ball team, their center is only 6'9" or 6'10" but their wing players are both 6'10" and their backcourt guys are 6'4" to 6'7".
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,065

Post#95 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:51 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:So no one has any confidence in Hart playing the 4, even though we haven’t even seen it yet?

No.

There's a reason he has played so few mins in his career at the 4, and we got a glimpse of that in the world cup too. He's just too small against serious teams.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,439

Post#96 » by god shammgod » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter

My take on this hasn’t changed much since the offseason; as noted then, I think the Knicks could have traded for Towns over the summer if there was enough internal support to make the move. Obviously, New York wasn’t willing to make the deal then.

Could that change at some point this season?

Sure, anything’s possible. This team needs to take a step forward from its strong 2023-24 season. So maybe a slow start leads them to think about an in-season trade. But a deal for Towns would require a level organizational support for the move that wasn’t there this summer.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#97 » by 8516knicks » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:56 pm

At his best DD gives u 3pt shooting, superior guard rebounding and decent defense. Deuce can give u most of that but not as often lacking height. But he has way more speed.

Since we always go thru inuries, I'm fine with this for now. If Deuce or DD step up during the regular games, that might/prompt a move depending on what we could get by parting with one. But I'm liking the Knicks building with keeping their GOOD draft picks and adding GOOD culture and team players.

As always, sooner or later it's going to come down to RJ or Randle, not anyone else.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#98 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:37 pm

8516knicks wrote:At his best DD gives u 3pt shooting, superior guard rebounding and decent defense. Deuce can give u most of that but not as often lacking height. But he has way more speed.

Since we always go thru inuries, I'm fine with this for now. If Deuce or DD step up during the regular games, that might/prompt a move depending on what we could get by parting with one. But I'm liking the Knicks building with keeping their GOOD draft picks and adding GOOD culture and team players.

As always, sooner or later it's going to come down to RJ or Randle, not anyone else.

My thoughts were Deuce may be retainable at a value price less than it cost to sign Donte. I think he's going to pan out. If he does his value will then increase. Maybe they just see Deuce as trading fodder at this point.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#99 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:41 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

My take on this hasn’t changed much since the offseason; as noted then, I think the Knicks could have traded for Towns over the summer if there was enough internal support to make the move. Obviously, New York wasn’t willing to make the deal then.

Could that change at some point this season?

Sure, anything’s possible. This team needs to take a step forward from its strong 2023-24 season. So maybe a slow start leads them to think about an in-season trade. But a deal for Towns would require a level organizational support for the move that wasn’t there this summer.

Team Mitch has always been right about him. I don't like the idea of trading him out for a scoring big. Would rather we kept him to put next to that guy, but it seems the demand for Mitch will put him on the trading block if the FO wants to make a splashy trade. If they do, I think they'll regret letting him go. He covers up many of the flaws on this team. Lose and him and we'll see the holes in our game more than ever.
ImageImageImage
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#100 » by DrCoach » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:53 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:The lack of forwards on this team is really shocking.

I hope we can trade Fournier for a 6’8 plus F

Return to New York Knicks