ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,492

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#81 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:22 am

These injuries are the worst in the midst of playoff seeding.... Mitch comes back and is prolly being cautious after limping a little the end of last game... no word on Randle hasn't even begun contact yet...????? OG elbow looks like he got bitten by a hippopotamus :cry:
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#82 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:24 am

Waiting to be flamed on the gb for saying I’d take Brunson over sga Tatum and edwards
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#83 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:25 am

listen, this injury is not going to heal by itself but he either wants to help the team by playing or get the surgery

Until he gets the surgery, he won’t get back full stability and he isn’t going to risk much more damage by another dislocation

So, come back or don’t. He’s been out so long that the team and specifically JB are Fading
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,420

Post#84 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:30 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
duetta wrote:Refs impacted the outcome of this game but...we can't compete at the elite level without both OG and Randle (plus Mitch).

The Knicks should investigate getting some players who aren't hurt all the time

We have to target this guy. He's indestructible

ImageImageImage
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#85 » by Gravy » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:32 am

The only way to win these games is to play the starters all 48 minutes
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,170

Post#86 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:33 am

I think we should still try to find a way to integrate Bogs in especially while we have so many injuries. The guy can hit some shots and score. He does make mistakes and can’t defend, but off the bench there should be ways to hide him. We just need some scoring and bodies to eat some minutes when Brunson is out.

Burks just looks awful. Guess if we have to play him he should stick to just spot up shooting
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,986

Post#87 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:37 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:mikal isnt elite on defense. he stopped playing defense in brooklyn
For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.

He hasnt played it since playing for the Nets...but he can certainly return to form under Thibs. We do need a another playmaker but not one that will dilute Brunson by taking the ball out of his hands. Not one that will give up 4 inches to guys like SGA to drain game winners on....

We need a play maker to spell Brunson when he goes to the bench. Rokas Jokubaitis could fit the bill. Mikal fits the scoring bill because , and even in a down year he gives you 20ppgs. Great for a 3rd option.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,320

Post#88 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:37 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Sound the alarms Folksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#89 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:41 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

That could easily also be let’s take ownership for the loss or win and the injuries should not be of focus
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,467

Post#90 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:41 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jesus :o
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,128

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:42 am

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.

He hasnt played it since playing for the Nets...but he can certainly return to form under Thibs. We do need a another playmaker but not one that will dilute Brunson by taking the ball out of his hands. Not one that will give up 4 inches to guys like SGA to drain game winners on....

We need a play maker to spell Brunson when he goes to the bench. Rokas Jokubaitis could fit the bill. Mikal fits the scoring bill because , and even in a down year he gives you 20ppgs. Great for a 3rd option.

mikal wasn't even an elite defender in phoenix either. he peaked as a rookie. mikal won't be worth the price brooklyn is asking for. give me donovan
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#92 » by TKKnicks1 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:44 am

Is Jeffries supposed to be a good defender or something?? Thibs went with him twice tonight in key positions. That's very unlike Thibs to be situational like that.
~I Believe!~
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 566

Post#93 » by NiceLikeChrist » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:44 am

time for a hail mary. lets start bogs and let him get into rhythm early and bring DDV off the bench
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,467

Post#94 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:47 am

robillionaire wrote:I’m starting to think I support going to a 62 game season

I do. Didn’t always when there was talk of it, but recently, it’s hard to deny anymore. Injuries to key players are just too frequent and all but certain every year. Twice in a row for us alone. With this pace, constant movement and all that comes with it, it’s time. Dunno how realistic it is now tho with these new tv deals.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,128

Post#95 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:49 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

well there's the dagger. looks like buzz was right all along
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,983

Post#96 » by snadler » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:50 am

8 games left, OG and Randle would need at least 5 games to get minutes up and find a rhythm

I know we all hope that this team could go on a long playoff run IF healthy, but realistically with such few games left, if neither player returns in the next week to 10 days, you can forget about it. Players first need to ramp up their minutes, then players need to find a rhythm, we already saw randle trying to come back last year after an injury and it wasn’t good, so why would this time be different. OG is a different kind of player but he will also be on a minutes restrictions. There is no way you can just expect them to just not only return but be in peak form to start the playoffs, it’s a disastrous recipe. Just reality folks. There is nothing i want more then seeing a full HEALTHY knicks squad in the playoffs, but as games dwindle that is becoming less and less likely
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,420

Post#97 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:50 am

spree8 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I’m starting to think I support going to a 62 game season

I do. Didn’t always when there was talk of it, but recently, it’s hard to deny anymore. Injuries to key players are just too frequent and all but certain every year. Twice in a row for us alone. With this pace, constant movement and all that comes with it, it’s time. Dunno how realistic it is now tho with these new tv deals.

Better for the players.

Better for the fans too. Watching this many games is exhausting

But too much $$$$$$ is changing hands now so fuggedaboudit
ImageImageImage
Enzo954
Rookie
And1: 1,427

Post#98 » by Enzo954 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:52 am

OG will be back for the playoffs. Julius no shot IMO.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,875

Post#99 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:59 am

Disgusting
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#100 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:02 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:time for a hail mary. lets start bogs and let him get into rhythm early and bring DDV off the bench

Umm no

Donte is not a star player but he’s playing well overall and has bounced back before

Bog is a disaster to the fourth power

Both he and Burks have delivered a double shot of non-relief — more like an injection of rabies

Return to New York Knicks