ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,079

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#81 » by Monk1718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am

Read on Twitter
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#82 » by Gravy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am

CDAZ wrote:We playing like boy scouts. We need a goon out there. Go get Julius Randle

He's our only real postplayer. He would have got some of their guys in foul trouble and maybe Embiid is on the bench with 4/5 fouls instead of raining threes on us.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#83 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am

Wildcat wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:It is up to Thibs to make adjustments now

I don't think he knows how to do it in the middle of a game unfortunately, so I'd hope he can get his fill of tape and make the changes needed

Epic shooting performance by Embiid and some of it was not defensible, but some of it was and it became too easy for the Sixers to feed him on the perimeter. It allowed him to conserve energy and keep it going to the end

There was a lot to like about this game until we fell apart defensively in the third.

Also, Brunson had good numbers, but he is still not the same guy IMO. It was a major step in the right direction, but I still felt he was not reading the pulse of the game and involving his teammates on offense at the right times, thus taking some ill-advised shots. His turnovers were not his usual quality level of play either. Overall, Brunson needs to lead a bit more even if it means scoring a bit less.

Sixers deserved the win. I have no complaints. Embiid is still a diva twat, but he beat us fair and square this game.

I don't know how you can say fair and square when Joel was trying to hurt our guys out there. Joel shouldn't have made it out the 1st quarter. And I just saw the OG bump. And there was a play where Joel stuck his leg out to try to trip JB. That's BS.

OK, point taken. He is a dirty, two-faced bitch. Not sure their filth produced a win though which is where I was coming from.

I try not to be a whiny bitch when we lose if the losing margin is more than anything a ref or a thug has done. If it results in sidelining one of our guys, then yeah sideline them in response. Otherwise, I want to get ready for the next game rather than wallow in regret.

One of the TNT announcers said if the Sixers win the next game the advantage goes back to them. WTF are these people? We will still have home court advantage. My attitude is as long as we learned from this loss we can come back to take the next one. This game was still very winnable despite the ridiculous 3 point shooting by them.
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#84 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid had dirty plays but he still destroyed everyone that guarded him and that includes Mitch . If Embiid is playing like he’s near 100% like tonight it will be difficult to beat them.

He's never gonna shoot like that from 3 again, and neither is the rest of that team. They won because of that hot 3rd quarter, despite everything else being gifted to them as well.

The guy won MVP for a reason. It’s not surprising he had a game like this. This is why some of us warned you guys about this but y’all kept ignoring it thinking we were gonna sweep them.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,056

Post#85 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 am

Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Our guys are tough but they're not dirty and they're not violent. I can never root for dirty.

Our tough guys aren't tough then, they're just hustle guys that play hard. We need someone that is an enforcer that when Embiid goes for the full mount they will kick him in the face.

I rooted for the heels when I watched wrestling as a kid, winning is all that matters in the end. Heat fans don't care about whether Bam is dirty or not, he's collecting ankles helping them get to the finals.

They are tough. They play physical and they take a lot of hits and they don't let it phase them. That's tough. I'm glad they don't play to injure.

Charles Oakley and Mase never hit a guy with their back turned. But they hit a lot of guys and players knew not to **** with our main guys. We needed a guy to straight up knock Embiid on his ass with a blow to the head and stare him down. Don't let him get up until we say you can get up. Try that **** again and get more. Dirty peace of ****.

Mitch is a nice guy, this is what goons do when people grab their legs

god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,210

Post#86 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Our tough guys aren't tough then, they're just hustle guys that play hard. We need someone that is an enforcer that when Embiid goes for the full mount they will kick him in the face.

I rooted for the heels when I watched wrestling as a kid, winning is all that matters in the end. Heat fans don't care about whether Bam is dirty or not, he's collecting ankles helping them get to the finals.

They are tough. They play physical and they take a lot of hits and they don't let it phase them. That's tough. I'm glad they don't play to injure.

Charles Oakley and Mase never hit a guy with their back turned. But they hit a lot of guys and players knew not to **** with our main guys. We needed a guy to straight up knock Embiid on his ass with a blow to the head and stare him down. Don't let him get up until we say you can get up. Try that **** again and get more. Dirty peace of ****.

Mitch is a nice guy, this is what goons do when people grab their legs

I'd allow it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#87 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 am

Capn'O wrote:
Fury wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Our guys are tough but they're not dirty and they're not violent. I can never root for dirty.

what about righteous dirty

When you're looking them in the eye when you do it that's violence.

Better if you shiv them while looking into their faulty eye
ImageImageImage
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#88 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 am

Is Nick Nurse complaining officiating this game?
Are you fans of the team or the player?
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#89 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=yEYjDIOyLq0ssiu5pDtIOQ
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,271

Post#90 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

lol fk this guy
BaF
Washington Wizards
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,363

Post#91 » by Fury » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Embiid had dirty plays but he still destroyed everyone that guarded him and that includes Mitch . If Embiid is playing like he’s near 100% like tonight it will be difficult to beat them.

He's never gonna shoot like that from 3 again, and neither is the rest of that team. They won because of that hot 3rd quarter, despite everything else being gifted to them as well.

The guy won MVP for a reason. It’s not surprising he had a game like this. This is why some of us warned you guys about this but y’all kept ignoring it thinking we were gonna sweep them.

Aight relax with the sweep. You were saying this before the series started, so where was this when he was shooting like **** the first two games?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#92 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 am

Im Coming Home wrote:

They're +33 when Embiid is on the floor in these games, even when he wasn't scoring big they're winning when he's on the floor. He may not shoot from three like that again but he's definitely capable of scoring 35+ again, the most troubling thing isn't that he shot well, it's that it looks like he was moving better in this game than the first 2.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#93 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 am

spree8 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I knew something was up when his eye was looking weird af
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#94 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:54 am

robillionaire wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Everyone knows Bogdanovic is the real x factor of this series. If he can score 12, we win.

we need to play better defense...if we do we had enough scoring to win tonight.

They just got absurdly hot from 3 in that 3rd quarter

We actually won the 1st 2nd and 4th quarters that 3rd quarter run where they couldn’t miss was the end of us though

Their third was an anomaly. The main thing is not allowing them to duplicate it
ImageImageImage
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#95 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

I want to make it clear, no matter how great they are, now I have two players who I won't want in Knicks jersey.

Lebron James Senior
Joel Embiid
Are you fans of the team or the player?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,271

Post#96 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I knew something was up when his eye was looking weird af

hopefully it takes him out for the rest of the series
BaF
Washington Wizards
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,547

Post#97 » by Context » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

This is where I miss 90's nba ball. Embiid wouldnt have gotten away with that...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,963

Post#98 » by ezmoney707 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

If plays like that AND we play poorly on their role players sure, but they win this game if not for that defensive collapse and turnovers in the 3rd quarter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,210

Post#99 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

The positive is Brunson got cooking in this game. Nobody could guard him either.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#100 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:55 am

DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

lol fk this guy

He looks like he's about to launch a crypto exchange that will be defunct and out of business in 6 months and lose customer funds in the process.

Return to New York Knicks