ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers submit 78 calls...cite hostile environment

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Re: Pacers submit 78 calls...cite hostile environment 

Post#81 » by Clyde_Style » Thu May 9, 2024 11:43 pm

gavran wrote:Man, the Knicks really should have tanked the end if the season, to avoid these soft-ass teams.

lol
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#82 » by Clyde_Style » Thu May 9, 2024 11:49 pm

78 objections averages out to something like an objection for every 1.23 minutes played during two games.

Carlisle just flushed his reputation down the toilet

Never seen anything more nonsensical than this petty weakling BS
ImageImageImage
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#83 » by matchman » Fri May 10, 2024 3:28 am

Is it the ref's fault? :D
Are you fans of the team or the player?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#84 » by cgmw » Fri May 10, 2024 3:52 am

Idk which post-game press conference was weirder. Embiid with his face down or Carlisle on the verge of tears playing the aggrieved culture-wars conspiracy theorist. Both pathetic and shameful.

Our team isn’t just winning. We’re destroying the opponent’s spirit.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#85 » by Adelheid » Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 am

Clyde_Style wrote:78 objections averages out to something like an objection for every 1.23 minutes played during two games.

it's like telling the referees they were awful beyond belief thru the entire ordeal

not sure the referees would even put up with such insults
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#86 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 am

Clyde_Style wrote:78 objections averages out to something like an objection for every 1.23 minutes played during two games.

Yeah. They had 49 in ONE game. :rofl:
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#87 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 11:36 am

How Rick Carlisle sees MSG:

Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,364

Post#88 » by Fury » Fri May 10, 2024 1:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:How Rick Carlisle sees MSG:

Lol what is that last picture
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#89 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm

The Native American pronunciation of Rick Carlisle is NoSacagawea
ImageImageImage
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#90 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 10, 2024 2:48 pm

29 in game one, 49 in game two. Fourty-Nine objections in a game where 31 fouls were called.

I don't even know how that's possible.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#91 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

29 in game one, 49 in game two. Fourty-Nine objections in a game where 31 fouls were called.

NoSacagawea is a miracle worker
ImageImageImage
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#92 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

NoSacagawea is a miracle worker

I'm looking forward to the league's response.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,230

Post#93 » by Bob Ross » Fri May 10, 2024 3:01 pm

78 fouls missed in 96 possible minutes? This is really pathetic
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#94 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:04 pm

matchman wrote:

That yelling man, i think, is human garbage (to use his favorite phrase).

Are Pacers playing great defense? No. They are looking to push pace and basically show on offense. Carlisle is one of the top coaches in the league so perhaps the players just need to execute? I mean sagging off of Josh Hart from 3 is probably a wise move, but how you address him making the prudent move of penetration rather than taking an open shot is a player-decision.

I think Carlisle is trying to Phil Jackson-style paint a narrative to get some favor with their home officiating. There is a near 0% chance NY is winning the game 3. Injuries are afoot (pun intended) and I expect cheap-shots on defense.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#95 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 pm

Bob Ross wrote:78 fouls missed in 96 possible minutes? This is really pathetic

Watching the NBA all year - calls are very inconsistent. Pretty much every guard/wing uses the off hand to push the defender (OG is our biggest offender). Charge calls are super suspect because half of the time a player will have feet set and then react to contact, a foot moves as they are absorbing momentum, and the analysts say "see his feet were moving." If I had a nickel for every charge-draw attempt with the defender dragging their backfoot to be awarding with the call, I'd be a rich man. They call that about 50/50.

I have not seen a non-moving screen in about 7 years aka whenever Kurt Thomas called it quits.

Offensive players are largely the ones who instigate contact no rhyme or reason for which way, if any, the whistle goes.

I can go on and on, but I am sure I could find 3 calls/non-calls per minute that are inconsistent. Not to say they are wrong calls, but that the way such and such was called 1 minute in, vs 2:30 in, vs 3:15 in etc, just will vary.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#96 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 3:27 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
matchman wrote:

Are Pacers playing great defense? No. They are looking to push pace and basically show on offense. Carlisle is one of the top coaches in the league so perhaps the players just need to execute? I mean sagging off of Josh Hart from 3 is probably a wise move, but how you address him making the prudent move of penetration rather than taking an open shot is a player-decision.

I think Carlisle is trying to Phil Jackson-style paint a narrative to get some favor with their home officiating. There is a near 0% chance NY is winning the game 3. Injuries are afoot (pun intended) and I expect cheap-shots on defense.

If anything, NoSac turned the refs, the league office and the rest of the country not eating corn dogs against the Pacers

This was not a crafty rejoinder that will rebalance the odds in their favor. It was a broad stroke FU to the NBA

My expectation now is that if it has any effect it will be to predispose the refs against Indy

Further, our narrative is winning hearts all over the world right now. Indy just put themselves into the role of whiny soft boys vs. the tough get it done guys. Nobody likes a whiner

If there is such a thing as anti-Knicks sentiment in the NBA league office or among the refs, the Knicks story catching fire now could shift that sentiment. The NBA is a jock riders administration to some extent and they want great narratives to promote the sport. The Knicks are currently that story
ImageImageImage
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,805

Post#97 » by Kidknick! » Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm

Hahahaha. Wait till the "F-You Carlisle" chants start at MSG. That's IF they make it back to MSG.

What a bunch of PANSIES.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#98 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
matchman wrote:

If anything, NoSac turned the refs, the league office and the rest of the country not eating corn dogs against the Pacers

This was not a crafty rejoinder that will rebalance the odds in their favor. It was a broad stroke FU to the NBA

My expectation now is that if it has any effect it will be to predispose the refs against Indy

Further, our narrative is winning hearts all over the world right now. Indy just put themselves into the role of whiny soft boys vs. the tough get it done guys. Nobody likes a whiner

If there is such a thing as anti-Knicks sentiment in the NBA league office or among the refs, the Knicks story catching fire now could shift that sentiment. The NBA is a jock riders administration to some extent and they want great narratives to promote the sport. The Knicks are currently that story

Hahn made an interesting point on his show yesterday. There was a "Hicks vs Knicks" thing during the 90's, and now this is Carlisle (who was there during that era) is trying to replay that narrative for the fans.

FWIW Phil Jackson used to use similar tactics to much success during his various championship runs, so it's not always a ref turn off.
Public seems to like us for now -- Josh Hart is such an interesting character because I can't think of any other player - perhaps John Salley - that was that blend of playful and intense.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#99 » by matchman » Fri May 10, 2024 3:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
matchman wrote:

It was a coach who is out of tricks hence try to pull this small market card. It was out of desperation, it was an insult to the NBA as a ehole, especially it was more likely these small market teams winning champ in this decade.

Maybe Jim Carrey was delusional that Embiid got all the calls in game 3 after all those crying, they can have a taste on that too.

Not to mention he said Donte intentionally hurt Hali's back to ignore how physical TJ is bumping Jalen knowing he's back from injury. I can go on and on, but most importantly it is not the refs nor hostile MSG crowd let Pacer concdes 130 and 121 points to our depleted rosters.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#100 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 3:54 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:That yelling man, i think, is human garbage (to use his favorite phrase).

Hahn made an interesting point on his show yesterday. There was a "Hicks vs Knicks" thing during the 90's, and now this is Carlisle (who was there during that era) is trying to replay that narrative for the fans.

FWIW Phil Jackson used to use similar tactics to much success during his various championship runs, so it's not always a ref turn off.
Public seems to like us for now -- Josh Hart is such an interesting character because I can't think of any other player - perhaps John Salley - that was that blend of playful and intense.

I think strategic whining can rebalance ref calls for a game or two, but that's not what this is. The 78 complaints nailed to the church door was a broadside against every zebra on the planet. It will not be forgotten and in ways not favorable to NoSac and the CornDoggers
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks