ImageImageImageImageImage

WIRETAP: Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant
And1: 68

Post#81 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:44 pm

Heres the question.

Do you guy seriously believe David Lee will ever be better than Artest? If not, how in the hell do you expect the Kings to give you guys a pick for him? That would never happen. Play hardball? The ball is in our court. Your the team who wants Artest
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#82 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:49 pm

Artest93 wrote:Heres the question.

Do you guy seriously believe David Lee will ever be better than Artest? If not, how in the hell do you expect the Kings to give you guys a pick for him? That would never happen. Play hardball? The ball is in our court. Your the team who wants Artest

Ahh...it's the let's ignore Artests negatives while only focusing on his positives rational at work. Dude, no one is arguing Artest at his best vs. Lee at his best. If that was the ONLY thing to factor in when talking Artest then he'd be one of the top 10 players in the NBA. Sadly, craziness, pending free agency, the brawl, injury, possibility of way longer ban if he guys bonkers again can't just be ignored.
Frye-Fan-7
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#83 » by Frye-Fan-7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:51 pm

Balkman will never ever ever be better than Artest. This is a must do deal if its presented to us
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 639

Post#84 » by sackings916 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:53 pm

^The Kings are not trading any picks, period. Rose,Lee+2009 1st for Artest.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,336

Post#85 » by CDAZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:58 pm

Big C wrote:I'd trade Balkman for Artest in a heart beat. Balkman is overrated. What we are hoping Balkman will be Artest already is.

:o
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#86 » by newskoolbulls » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:00 pm

Doesnt Lee want out anyway? Lets say he tells IT deal me will he? Why is IT so sour on Balk this season?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:01 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:Doesnt Lee want out anyway? Lets say he tells IT deal me will he? Why is IT so sour on Balk this season?

Don't know...maybe Taz refused to share his stash of ganja with Isiah? :D
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:04 pm

sackings916 wrote:^The Kings are not trading any picks, period. Rose,Lee+2009 1st for Artest.

The Knicks are not trading any picks period. Why is it that you guys aren't willing to accept that Artest's many negatives detract from his many positives and that inevitably you aren't going to get anything remotely near equal to his positives alone in return? Lee, Nate and Fred Jones expiring is probably about as good a deal as the Kings will likely get from any team out there.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#89 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:06 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:Doesnt Lee want out anyway? Lets say he tells IT deal me will he? Why is IT so sour on Balk this season?

Balkman was part of the rotation but then got injured. After that, Jeffries came in and did a decent job. When Balkman came back, he hasn't played particularly well. Jones stole minutes from him and then Jeffries did too. Now that Marbury is back, Isiah is giving minutes to him, Crawford, Q-Rich and Nate. He hasn't played well enough to earn the minutes.
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#90 » by newskoolbulls » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:11 pm

Last time Balk really played some mins and played well was against my Bulls in Nov 24 and after that it seems he has been in the doghouse. Also we all hear the rumors of Lee wanting out but dont you think with this being the big city and him being so loved and so much opportunities to make extra money dont you think he would want to stay?
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ahh...it's the let's ignore Artests negatives while only focusing on his positives rational at work. Dude, no one is arguing Artest at his best vs. Lee at his best. If that was the ONLY thing to factor in when talking Artest then he'd be one of the top 10 players in the NBA. Sadly, craziness, pending free agency, the brawl, injury, possibility of way longer ban if he guys bonkers again can't just be ignored.

Through all these flaws, the Knicks management and fans (i don't care how much they beat around the bush) still wants him. I'm not saying ignore his flaws. I'm just saying don't think that his flaws makes the ball in your court when its the Kings that are declining your management trades and its your management using the New York Media to start the rumors.

The Kings don't have to trade Artest. He has been fine with the Kings. I don't buy in to this bull that he's going to take less money to go to New York. We can keep him if we don't get the deal we want and we will. Give up a first round pick and Artest for Lee? Pure homerism and absolutely laughable, laughable. Delusional
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#92 » by makeitstop » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:17 pm

Artest93 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...its your management using the New York Media to start the rumors.

The rumor, as reported on Wiretap, came from the Sacto Bee. Some New York media...
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
SactownHrtBrks8
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by SactownHrtBrks8 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:19 pm

makeitstop wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The rumor, as reported on Wiretap, came from the Sacto Bee. Some New York media...

The 100 others this year hasn't come from the New York Post? Ya
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#94 » by hoodie© » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:20 pm

Balkman is playing less minutes than his rookie season, Isiah needs to be beaten senseless with a stick for this travesty.

FREE THE BALK!
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:22 pm

Through all these flaws, the Knicks management and fans (i don't care how much they beat around the bush) still wants him. I'm not saying ignore his flaws. I'm just saying don't think that his flaws makes the ball in your court when its the Kings that are declining your management trades and its your management using the New York Media to start the rumors.

The Kings don't have to trade Artest. He has been fine with the Kings. I don't buy in to this bull that he's going to take less money to go to New York. We can keep him if we don't get the deal we want and we will. Give up a first round pick and Artest for Lee? Pure homerism and absolutely laughable, laughable. Delusional

This rumor was started in the Sacramento Bee not in NY. The other thing is that the author of this blog explicitly says these conversations were had earlier in the season, he doesn't even say that this is happening now according to his sources.

I agree with you, you guys don't have to trade him for trash. It is also important to understand the market for Artest outside of NY. I know Miami wants him, haven't heard rumors about other teams but I could see a veteran team that thinks they need one piece and the guys to control him making a deal.

The value of Lee to the NY Knicks franchise is more than just his bball skills. Wrong or right, he is the main draw right now and very loved by the people who fill the seats and pay the high ticket prices in MSG. A lot of those people do not love Artest as some others do. Isiah is sneaky enough to understand that.

My bet is Artest does not come to NY and you guys trade him somewhere else in February.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#96 » by makeitstop » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:24 pm

The 100 others this year hasn't come from the New York Post? Ya

Well, how about the lengthy Artest interview in Newsday where Ron Ron himself said he'd like to come to NY? Miss that one?

Or is Artest suddenly part of Knicks management and nobody told me?
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#97 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:29 pm

I'm disappointed. I think we don't have to trade for Ron this season, I think we can get him this summer much easier. It also reeks of desperation. I thought Grunwald would interject some sense into this equation, but apparently not. That said...

I think it's because Taz is now fair game for Zeke. I'm disappointed again. With the way Taz plays, an injury might not be far away. So keep Taz off the court, and he can still be included in trade scenarios. That said...

If Taz isn't being shopped, I'm even more disappointed that he hasn't earned any PT (I'm assuming Zeke is going off merit more these days, a BIG assumption, yes). So much so that I'd gladly trade him ahead of Lee now (not the case for me over the summer). Chandler might be the better keeper of two (yes, I was probably wrong on that one too over the summer).

Anyway, I really don't know how to feel about trading some of the kids for Artest. I'd rather not. I think we can get him easier this summer. It's disappointing the brass will sacrifice more young to salvage what's left of the season (there's that word again, disappointing). I can understand their predicament. But I also see more of the logic in possibly getting a higher lottery pick, if the team really does stink. Throwing good money after bad is this organization's specialty. It's disappointing.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,336

Post#98 » by CDAZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:30 pm

[quote="hoodie
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:32 pm

We all need to read the blog. THE GUY SAID THIS HAPPENED EARLY IN THE SEASON. THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT NEGOTIATIONS ARE GOING ON NOW.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#100 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:34 pm

I used to really back Isiah but that sh** he pulled in the Marbury situation pissed me off.....He asked the team to vote and then did the opposite, so I am really down on him for that sh*t!

That being said, he should realize he only has 2 legit small forwards on the damn roster in Chandler and Balkman and he needs to split the minutes between the two and see what he has! Try and get Ron in the off-season....Now if he wants to deal Musclehead ASAP I am all for it!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:

Return to New York Knicks