ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Obama wins the Iowa Caucus

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Which democrat will win the Iowa Caucus?

Barrack Obama
68%
Hillary Clinton
13%
John Edwards
15%
Joe Biden
2%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 60

king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#81 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:32 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Could you elaborate? I'm not understanding what you are implying..

Gladly

In the movie Head of State Chris Rock run's for president once the news comes in that he is winning. The Suburbs empty as White people run to the voting booths..

I am implying a belief shared by most black people that White people do not want a Black President.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#82 » by TdoubleE » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:38 am

:clap:

This is huge for Obama. I honestly didn't think he could pull it off until a few days ago, and I definitely didn't think he would win as big as he did.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#83 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:39 am

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Gladly

In the movie Head of State Chris Rock run's for president once the news comes in that he is winning. The Suburbs empty as White people run to the voting booths..

I am implying a belief shared by most black people that White people do not want a Black President.

No offense, but you sound pretty ignorant. Or should I say, very ignorant. Iowa is the perhaps pound for pound the whitest state in the country. 95% of that state is white. For Obama to win that state shows that even the whitest state in the country has no reservations about hiring a black president. He won pretty handedly against two white candidates.

Please don't bring race baiting into this discussion. This is a huge win for Obama.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,249

Post#84 » by Capn'O » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:41 am

No offense, but you sound pretty ignorant. Or should I say, very ignorant. Iowa is the perhaps pound for pound the whitest state in the country. 95% of that state is white. For Obama to win that state shows that even the whitest state in the country has no reservations about hiring a black president. He won pretty handedly against two white candidates.

Please don't bring race baiting into this discussion. This is a huge win for Obama.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rockon:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by TdoubleE » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:42 am

:nod: That is what makes this really special.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#86 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:42 am

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fine but are we really talking about 1 delegate difference? I am just trying to understand. If that is so, why is this win then such a big deal?

Someone answer me, damn it.

:D
bxbanger
Pro Prospect

Post#87 » by bxbanger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:46 am

So what does this caucus actually mean?? Is it just to judge how each candidate would do in various states?? Judge the climate as you may and decide whether or not to pursue the race?? I was the worst in history back in HS. Summer school for 3 straight years, damn I'm glad that's over.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,249

Post#88 » by Capn'O » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:49 am

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Someone answer me, damn it.

:D

I think it's more about proving Obama is an electable candidate than the extra delegate.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#89 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:49 am

Race Baiting Come On I SAID BELIEF HELD BY BLACK PEOPLE.

Till your in a barbershop on Marcus Garvy avenue I don't want to hear it.

It is a good thing that he won but Barack Obama has the " Wayne Brady " Effect to allot of White people ( IN MY OPINION ). I think he will be a good president BUT I SAID BELIEF.

I still have no doubt they will be attempts on his life if he gets elected or gets closer to being elected.

I won't hide my opinion if you ask for it deal with it.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,063

Post#90 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:49 am

caucus=in iowa, when the democratic and republic nominees first duke it out to see who gets on the presidential ballot against each other. And this isn't taught in high school at all.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#91 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:49 am

bxbanger wrote:So what does this caucus actually mean?? Is it just to judge how each candidate would do in various states?? Judge the climate as you may and decide whether or not to pursue the race?? I was the worst in history back in HS. Summer school for 3 straight years, damn I'm glad that's over.

A caucus is just a different method to conduct a primary. Just because Obama won the Iowa Caucus doesn't mean he will be the Democratic nominee, but he is on his way. He needs a strong showing in New Hampshire. If he wins NH he has to be the favorite to win the election, but we still have South Carolina, Florida and Super Tuesday over the next few months. Suffice to say, we have a long way to go but this is a great start for Obama.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#92 » by KOA » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:53 am

In the end we all know why Obama won:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsoXHYICqU
Views: 4,695,781

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sudw4ghVe8
Views: 1,049,177
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#93 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:55 am

king_k4life wrote:Race Baiting Come On I SAID BELIEF HELD BY BLACK PEOPLE.

Why bring it up? Obama just had a historical victory tonight. He just won a state that is dominated by whites.

Till your in a barbershop on Marcus Garvy avenue I don't want to hear it.

So now your local barbership represents the entire African American voting community?

It is a good thing that he won but Barack Obama has the " Wayne Brady " Effect to allot of White people ( IN MY OPINION ). I think he will be a good president BUT I SAID BELIEF.

You are so clueless. You need to do some research on Obama before you say stuff like this. Obama is so far from Wayne Brady it is laughable that you brought up the comparision. Obama isn't outwardly funny, he isn't goofy, he is well spoken and has great vision for this country.

I still have no doubt they will be attempts on his life if he gets elected or gets closer to being elected.

And this differs from other previous presidential nominees, how?

I won't hide my opinion if you ask for it deal with it.

Then you'll have to deal with my opinion that your opinion sucks and you are uninformed.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#94 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:59 am

Then you'll have to deal with my opinion that your opinion sucks and you are uninformed.

Dumbass.. wait never man

Can anyone please explain to this genius what I meant by Wayne Brady
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#95 » by Remember the Past » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:05 am

the issue of race has nothing to do with this election. people are tired of the **** that's taking place now, they would take someone purple if that person was the right person to fix this country up. I think alot of people have to always look at things from a racial or sex point of view, get over it; its exactly whats holding this country back.
Pistol Pete Vescey
Bench Warmer

Post#96 » by Pistol Pete Vescey » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:06 am

king_k4life has admitted that he's a 13 year old crackhead. why does anyone bother arguing with this clown . . .
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#97 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:08 am

Pistol Pete Vescey wrote:king_k4life has admitted that he's a 13 year old crackhead. why does anyone bother arguing with this clown . . .

Can you stop saying I use crack never have never will Meth Head

That goes for all illegal drugs

And I'm 16 bout to be 17
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by TdoubleE » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:10 am

Iowa is important because it is always the first. It gets major media coverage and it sets the tone. It is the litmus test of how the candidates will perform from this point forward. Doesn't mean he'll win it all but he has momentum going into Hew Hampshire.

Obama actually has me fired up right now listening to him speak. He's not playing around, he's going for this HARD. I think if he wins Hew Hampshire its a done deal.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#99 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:11 am

Obama is crushing this speech. He's hitting a home run. No, he's hitting a grand slam 500 ft.
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#100 » by Remember the Past » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:12 am

TdoubleE wrote:Iowa is important because it is always the first. It gets major media coverage and it sets the tone. It is the litmus test of how the candidates will perform from this point forward. Doesn't mean he'll win it all but he has momentum going into Hew Hampshire.

Obama actually has me fired up right now listening to him speak. He's not playing around, he's going for this HARD. I think if he wins Hew Hampshire its a done deal.

yea if he wins New Hampshire, hilary is done

Return to New York Knicks