ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Knicks Forum Resources - Knicks CBA/Stats/Info/Links

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: Knicks FAQ Thread 

Post#61 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 pm

GONYK wrote:If some posters can explain JR's situation and why we can't do sign and trades, that would be helpful

you should update the first post with all the rules so people who don't know can find then easier.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,282

Re: Knicks FAQ Thread 

Post#62 » by GONYK » Tue May 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
GONYK wrote:If some posters can explain JR's situation and why we can't do sign and trades, that would be helpful

you should update the first post with all the rules so people who don't know can find then easier.

Good call, but almost everything of note was posted on the first page.
jp007
Senior
And1: 262

Re: Knicks CBA FAQ Thread 

Post#63 » by jp007 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I know i have heard it somewhere that a player can have their contract reconstruct in order acquire a player.

This might be a dream but is it possible ?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#64 » by GONYK » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

jp007 wrote:I know i have heard it somewhere that a player can have their contract reconstruct in order acquire a player.

Not possible
jp007
Senior
And1: 262

Post#65 » by jp007 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:31 pm

GONYK wrote:
jp007 wrote:I know i have heard it somewhere that a player can have their contract reconstruct in order acquire a player.

Not possible

Ok Thanks
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#66 » by kosmovitelli » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Here's the Knicks' current salary cap situation and the main league figures (salary cap, luxury tax threshold, average salary, etc.) :

* Waived
** Salary adjusted to $1,025,890 in 2014-2015 (that's the guaranteed portion of his salary if waived before june 30, 2014) because he will probably be waived at the end of next season.
*** League estimation for 2012-2013 (the average salary for 2012-2013 will be known after the july moratorium and audit report)
**** For 2013-2014, it's an estimation based on 104.5% of average salary (with Early Bird status, a team may re-sign its own free agent for up to 175% of his previous salary or 104.5% of the average salary in the previous season, whichever is greater, and for JR Smith it's 104.5% of average salary).

In blue, you have salary projections based on :
- max salary for Carmelo Anthony (he will be eligible for a new extension three years after the signing of his original extend and trade deal : february 2014)
- max contract with Early Bird rights for JR Smith
- max contract with Taxpayer's MLE for Chris Copeland
- simply an estimation for Shumpert in 2015, it could be more or less obviously

In green, salary cap exceptions at our disposal
In red, salary cap exceptions we can't use

Keep in mind, I just made simple projections based on what could happen considering the current state of the roster and the direction of the team. I didn't include our 2013 first round pick and qualifying offers for Prigioni and Copeland. Max contract projections are just an indication (the best offer we can make). The taxpayer's MLE can obviously be split between Copeland and Prigioni but it probably makes more sense to let Prigioni take his QO worth $988,872).
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,791

Post#67 » by Context » Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Btw, Cambys contract is unguaranteed in the final year. Essentially making his contract expiring this year :wink:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#68 » by Quick Kick » Wed May 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Melo will have to take a decent sized paycut in order to get another superstar or 2 in Kosmo's scenario. I say let Melo walk if he doesnt and build an entirely new team in 2015, that FA class is gonna be filled with young stars that may want to play in NY.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#69 » by GONYK » Wed May 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Melo will have to take a decent sized paycut in order to get another superstar or 2 in Kosmo's scenario. I say let Melo walk if he doesnt and build an entirely new team in 2015, that FA class is gonna be filled with young stars that may want to play in NY.

What young stars?
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#70 » by Quick Kick » Wed May 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Rondo, Hibbert, Gasol, Love, Alridge and lower tier guys like Dragic, Green, and Wilson.

FYI, I consider anyone 30 and under to be young. At that point, you still have a good 4 years of prime basketball left.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#71 » by GONYK » Wed May 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Rondo, Hibbert, Gasol, Love, Alridge and lower tier guys like Dragic, Green, and Wilson.

FYI, I consider anyone 30 and under to be young. At that point, you still have a good 4 years of prime basketball left.

I don't think any of those players are worth letting Melo simply walk out the door for.

None of them are franchise type players worth building around.
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#72 » by Quick Kick » Wed May 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Id say a core consisting of Love, Rondo, and Gasol could definitely contend for a title.

Hopefully Melo takes a paycut. Im sure he wants to win a title in NY to cement his legacy forever, but he needs real help.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#73 » by GONYK » Wed May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Id say a core consisting of Love, Rondo, and Gasol could definitely contend for a title.

Hopefully Melo takes a paycut. Im sure he wants to win a title in NY to cement his legacy forever, but he needs real help.

We aren't going to have the capspace for that. I don't think we'll even have much cap at all in 2015 if you factor in our draft picks, that we will probably use the MMLE every year, as well as the raises for Shump and possibly JR
Quick Kick
Banned User

Post#74 » by Quick Kick » Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 pm

In Grunwald we trust, breh. Lets just hope he can pull a proverbial rabbit out the hat by then
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#75 » by Thugger HBC » Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 pm

The team plans on contending these next couple of seasons, they will be adding payroll and using the main tools they have....

Draft picks, mmle and cash to pay teams to buyout our older heads.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Context
RealGM

Post#76 » by Context » Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Im a big Melo fan but wont be if he doesn't show me what Lebron did in taking a pay cut...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,658

Post#77 » by Capn'O » Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 pm

So, the Mavs are looking to dump their pick/guaranteed salary spot.

Any way we can offer them cap relief? I imagine we could theoretically swap picks with them + cash for our lesser cap hold. That doesn't sound like a winning package though...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Context
RealGM

Post#78 » by Context » Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Capn'O wrote:So, the Mavs are looking to dump their pick/guaranteed salary spot.

Any way we can offer them cap relief? I imagine we could theoretically swap picks with them + cash for our lesser cap hold. That doesn't sound like a winning package though...

How many other teams can do the same thing is the question?we do have Cambys expiring contract due to the fact that his final year is not guaranteed...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#79 » by GONYK » Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 pm

kneega wrote:
Capn'O wrote:So, the Mavs are looking to dump their pick/guaranteed salary spot.

How many other teams can do the same thing is the question?we do have Cambys expiring contract due to the fact that his final year is not guaranteed...

It's partially guaranteed. He will be owed at least $1M in that final year one way or another.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,658

Post#80 » by Capn'O » Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 pm

kneega wrote:

The Mavs will require immediate cap relief as they are looking for room to acquire Howard outright.

I've seen these weird expiring contract trades happen on draft night but have never really understood them. I'd imagine that's what they're looking for.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks