ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,980

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#21 » by whocares1 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:22 am

Michael Conforto Aka Mets' Porzingis is not moving anywhere. Kid can play left and has a strong accurate arm. We already have future prospects ready for 1B.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#22 » by Manhattan Project » Mon May 23, 2016 2:27 am

At this point in time you have to be looking into the first base market. Teixeira, Morrison, Lind, Napoli, Alvarez, Moreland and Pearce are the names Id look at only because they expire at the end of the year. Anybody whose expiring and probably could be had for cheap at the trade deadline. Pedro Alvarez is a special target of mine.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,462

Post#23 » by ag3 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:32 pm

Conforto is terrible against lefties. To the point of I would be worried if I were a Mets fan.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,775

Post#24 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:50 pm

ag3 wrote:Conforto is terrible against lefties. To the point of I would be worried if I were a Mets fan.

he doesn't even have 50 ab's vs lefties...it's way too small of a sample size. I think in the minors he hit right around 300 vs lefties. Now again that is the minor but he is too good of a hitter to not hit vs lefties.

Basically my point is the mets have a 4th OF who is a gold glover that hits left handed pitching really well in Lagares. Why wouldn't you play him vs lefties.

Since Cespedes only plays CF and LF (granderson by default) doesn't sit so it has to be conforto.

I just think you need repetition to hit lefties. He just hasn't been given the opportunity yet because we don't have the need right now.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#25 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:53 pm

de aza has been taking grounders at 1B. I think he will be our option if Duda can't go. Hopefully he is competent at that position. You can't have campbell facing Strasburg on tuesday, thats just unfair.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,492

Post#26 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 23, 2016 4:01 pm

ag3 wrote:Conforto is terrible against lefties. To the point of I would be worried if I were a Mets fan.

Too small a sample size for too young a player. The kid's hasn't even had 500 ABs for crying out loud.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 23, 2016 4:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:de aza has been taking grounders at 1B. I think he will be our option if Duda can't go. Hopefully he is competent at that position. You can't have campbell facing Strasburg on tuesday, thats just unfair.

We need Wilmer back too. I'm very concerned about Wright's back. While I was really happy that he got the game winner on Saturday, he's been striking out at an enormous rate and his throwing is really weak. I don't think he's going to last the year.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#28 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:de aza has been taking grounders at 1B. I think he will be our option if Duda can't go. Hopefully he is competent at that position. You can't have campbell facing Strasburg on tuesday, thats just unfair.

We need Wilmer back too. I'm very concerned about Wright's back. While I was really happy that he got the game winner on Saturday, he's been striking out at an enormous rate and his throwing is really weak. I don't think he's going to last the year.

Yeah, Flores is important and its too early for teams to trade really. So anyone thinking of Solarte or even Prado. Will have to wait a while before teams fall out of the race.

ROSTER

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,980

Post#29 » by whocares1 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:36 pm

Woah. Lol terrible? Kid has a good eye + line drive swing. He has all the characteristics of being at least respectable against lefties. Collins just messed him up by playing him against Bumgarner
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 4:49 am

HAPPY 43rd BIRTHDAY, BARTOLO! 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 run, 2 Ks.

3-run bomb by David and solo shots by Cespedes and Walker.

Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#31 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 24, 2016 12:52 pm

very nice win last night. A lot of contributions from almost everyone in the lineup 1-6 in the order especially the top 2 guys in the order table setting. Then 3-4-5 all hit HR's tonight (wright, cessy, and walker). Also good ab's from Cabrera as well.

Colon with a really nice performance, he was getting late movement and allowing a lot of weak contact.

Able to rest the main pieces in the bullpen.

Now hopefully instead of like last time we can win one of the next two and take the series.

Really interested to see how Harvey pitches tonight...if we can get him going then we should get on a nice role. He is so important to this rotation...hopefully he removes his head from his rear.

ROSTER

AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#32 » by AllanH20 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:At this point in time you have to be looking into the first base market. Teixeira, Morrison, Lind, Napoli, Alvarez, Moreland and Pearce are the names Id look at only because they expire at the end of the year. Anybody whose expiring and probably could be had for cheap at the trade deadline. Pedro Alvarez is a special target of mine.

Walker to 1B and Dilson to 2B is another good option imo.

And today's a big game for Harvey.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#33 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 4:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:very nice win last night. A lot of contributions from almost everyone in the lineup 1-6 in the order especially the top 2 guys in the order table setting. Then 3-4-5 all hit HR's tonight (wright, cessy, and walker). Also good ab's from Cabrera as well.

Colon with a really nice performance, he was getting late movement and allowing a lot of weak contact.

Now hopefully instead of like last time we can win one of the next two and take the series.

Really interested to see how Harvey pitches tonight...if we can get him going then we should get on a nice role. He is so important to this rotation...hopefully he removes his head from his rear.

Heard Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone (from the Maddox, Smoltz, Glavine era) on Steve Sommers radio show last night discuss Harvey. He said to forget about the velocity for now. Harvey's problem is fastball location. Everything feeds off of that. He said that as long as Harvey's not in pain, just keep throwing him out there every 5th day. That's the only way he'll solve this problem. Leo said that Smoltz was something like 2-11 coming off TJS and he straightened himself out that way.

Oh, and f*ck the Nats.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Where's Stannis?
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#35 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:very nice win last night. A lot of contributions from almost everyone in the lineup 1-6 in the order especially the top 2 guys in the order table setting. Then 3-4-5 all hit HR's tonight (wright, cessy, and walker). Also good ab's from Cabrera as well.

Heard Braves pitching coach Leo Mazzone (from the Maddox, Smoltz, Glavine era) on Steve Sommers radio show last night discuss Harvey. He said to forget about the velocity for now. Harvey's problem is fastball location. Everything feeds off of that. He said that as long as Harvey's not in pain, just keep throwing him out there every 5th day. That's the only way he'll solve this problem. Leo said that Smoltz was something like 2-11 coming off TJS and he straightened himself out that way.

Oh, and f*ck the Nats.

fastball command is an issue. But his breaking pitches have absolutely have no bite. I would love to check the spin rate of those pitches because he either is spiking them in the dirt or he is hanging them. He has no control over any of his pitches. And he use to have pin point control of all 4 pitches.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#36 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Oh, and f*ck the Nats.

fastball command is an issue. But his breaking pitches have absolutely have no bite. I would love to check the spin rate of those pitches because he either is spiking them in the dirt or he is hanging them. He has no control over any of his pitches. And he use to have pin point control of all 4 pitches.

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully it's just a mechanical thing. His release point to me seems inconsistent.

Also, I can't be certain of this, but Matt just doesn't seem to me to be in to
well
The whole thing is troubling esp since deGrom is having this velocity issue.
Free Palestine
AllanH20
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,883

Post#37 » by AllanH20 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 am

Ok, so we have a pretty serious problem here. This is his 10th start and he has an ERA above 6.

Send him down and let him fix himself. He's a guaranteed loss at this point.
"I'm ready to be an animal for this city."
- Joakim Noah
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#38 » by islanders11040 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Steven Matz is becoming an Ace

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/735609120603045889[/tweet]
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#39 » by reub » Wed May 25, 2016 11:59 pm

We should let Harvey miss a start. Let his arm regain strength. I don't care if it hurts his feelings.
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#40 » by Lotsix » Thu May 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Harvey will work through it, he's been awful but toooo damn good not to turn it around. July they get wheeler back(who I think has the most electric stuff of the 5). They should go all in and make a move for a 1B though because 1. Who knows with duda and 2. He's verrrrrry streaky, come October I don't see anyone more dangerous. Syndergaard/Degrom/Harvey/Matz/Wheeler with that bullpen.....let's go...

Return to New York Knicks