ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#61 » by reub » Sun Jun 5, 2016 8:33 pm

Loney was a good pickup!
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,951

Post#62 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Jun 5, 2016 11:11 pm

islanders11040 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:God. David still has 5yr 87 mil left on his contract. Hope it doesnt stop us from resigning Cespedes.

and any of our pitchers.
and eventually Conforto.

im not too worried about them since most of our young players will be free agents after Wright's contract runs out. Matz, Syndergaard, Conforto, Degrom will be free agents after. Harvey (and possibly wheeler) may be up for contracts but im hoping we can get great deal for Harvey trade deadline 2017 when he has 1.5 years left on his contract.

Our best hope is that the rule changes happen by like 2019 so we can still use Wright as a DH.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,331

Post#63 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 6, 2016 6:07 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:and any of our pitchers.
and eventually Conforto.

im not too worried about them since most of our young players will be free agents after Wright's contract runs out. Matz, Syndergaard, Conforto, Degrom will be free agents after. Harvey (and possibly wheeler) may be up for contracts but im hoping we can get great deal for Harvey trade deadline 2017 when he has 1.5 years left on his contract.

Our best hope is that the rule changes happen by like 2019 so we can still use Wright as a DH.

By 2019? I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I'd be shocked if David Wright plays next season.
Free Palestine
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#64 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Jun 6, 2016 4:23 pm

Sexpedas and Conforto need to heat up again. looking like our 2 original aces are finding last years form and velocity.if those things happen we can easily with stand this injury barrage

and it would be nice if curtis would finally wake the **** up
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#65 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 6, 2016 6:22 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Sexpedas and Conforto need to heat up again. looking like our 2 original aces are finding last years form and velocity.if those things happen we can easily with stand this injury barrage

and it would be nice if curtis would finally wake the **** up

Wilmer's heating up too. Hopefully, he'll nail down 3B for the rest of the season. Loney looks good a 1B and Rivera is a real catcher behind the plate. Unfortunately, he can't hit much. TDA and Plaw are disappointments.
Free Palestine
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#66 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 9:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:im not too worried about them since most of our young players will be free agents after Wright's contract runs out. Matz, Syndergaard, Conforto, Degrom will be free agents after. Harvey (and possibly wheeler) may be up for contracts but im hoping we can get great deal for Harvey trade deadline 2017 when he has 1.5 years left on his contract.

By 2019? I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I'd be shocked if David Wright plays next season.

idk. I think he may be a 1B platoon next season (if he makes it that far).
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#67 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon Jun 6, 2016 11:45 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

i would think all the stretches u have to do at 1B would be more taxing on his back no? it DH or bust for wright if he wants to stick around

best case scenario is he comes back 2nd half. we go on a run to the world series and win. the he can retire on top lol
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#68 » by reub » Tue Jun 7, 2016 1:41 am

No you're right. He's not capable of playing a 162 game schedule but if we could get him back for 30 games in September and then the playoffs it wouldn't be terrible for us.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#69 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 1:54 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

i would think all the stretches u have to do at 1B would be more taxing on his back no? it DH or bust for wright if he wants to stick around

best case scenario is he comes back 2nd half. we go on a run to the world series and win. the he can retire on top lol

at 3rd there is more moving around generally and of course the throwing has been an issue.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#70 » by mugzi » Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:53 pm

Wright needs to retire end of story. Buck up, trade a good pitching prospect and get 1-2 yr stop gap power hitting 3b man
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,546

Post#71 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:54 pm

mugzi wrote:Wright needs to retire end of story. Buck up, trade a good pitching prospect and get 1-2 yr stop gap power hitting 3b man

we are all out of those...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mugzi
General Manager

Post#72 » by mugzi » Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:01 pm

I admit I don't follow the Mets like I used to, not up on the farm system...I thought the farm system was a strength? Didn't we have a grip of highly rated single and double A pitchers as of 1-2 years ago?
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,546

Post#73 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 5:08 pm

mugzi wrote:I admit I don't follow the Mets like I used to, not up on the farm system...I thought the farm system was a strength? Didn't we have a grip of highly rated single and double A pitchers as of 1-2 years ago?

Our best one Michael Fulmer was traded for Cespedes last year

IN our farm system right no our top 8 prospects are all positional players.

Our best pitching prospect is Marcus Molina and he is recovering from Tommy John.

Basically with all our young pitchers in the major leagues. Our minors leagues have no pitching in the system currently.

I would probably say Robert Gsellman is currently the best pitching prospect in the system but he is 22 in AA and project a middle to end of the rotation starter. No big names currently in our system because they are all in the majors.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#74 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 7, 2016 8:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
mugzi wrote:I admit I don't follow the Mets like I used to, not up on the farm system...I thought the farm system was a strength? Didn't we have a grip of highly rated single and double A pitchers as of 1-2 years ago?

Our best pitching prospect is Marcus Molina and he is recovering from Tommy John.

Basically with all our young pitchers in the major leagues. Our minors leagues have no pitching in the system currently.

I would probably say Robert Gsellman is currently the best pitching prospect in the system but he is 22 in AA and project a middle to end of the rotation starter. No big names currently in our system because they are all in the majors.

But we're not going to get a big haul by trading Gsvllman.

Let's assume for the moment that Wright is done for at least the rest of this year and that Wilmer isn't panning out and that Granderson continues his hitting woes. Do we ever get to a point this year where we should consider trading one of our young starting pitchers?
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#75 » by islanders11040 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:13 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Let's assume for the moment that Wright is done for at least the rest of this year and that Wilmer isn't panning out and that Granderson continues his hitting woes. Do we ever get to a point this year where we should consider trading one of our young starting pitchers?

Proabably depends on how Wheeler looks when he comes back in a month.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#76 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:36 pm

islanders11040 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I thought he got moved back to around the ASG because of some procedure to remove scar tissue or something.
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#77 » by islanders11040 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:26 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
islanders11040 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I thought he got moved back to around the ASG because of some procedure to remove scar tissue or something.

All star game is July 12th. So a month and 5 days? He should get about 3 starts before the trade deadline. See what you have then I assume.
mugzi
General Manager

Post#78 » by mugzi » Wed Jun 8, 2016 2:49 pm

If a young starter is traded it should be Harvey....big name, big rep, bit of a diva and Boras as an agent...no y we'll resign him get something while we can for him. Boston loves him.
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM

Post#79 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:35 pm

welcome back kelley johnson, even tho you've been as bad as anyone in our lineup. hopefully playing for team that actually is trying to win will rejuvenate him. start it off like a bang like last year
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#80 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jun 9, 2016 4:36 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:welcome back kelley johnson, even tho you've been as bad as anyone in our lineup. hopefully playing for team that actually is trying to win will rejuvenate him. start it off like a bang like last year

Now we can send Ty Kelly packing. At least KJ will be a good left handed bat off the bench and occasionally platoon at 3B with Wilmer. We still need to get another big bat. I'm afraid it'll mean trading one of our young pitchers. But we can't count on Wright, Duda or TDA contributing much going forward.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks