ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,844

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#1261 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 4:26 pm

My firm had bought paypal right after the spinoff, sold off when it was over 250 and now are buying it up again based on their software side.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,170

Post#1262 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 6, 2023 4:35 pm

It's still amazing to me how much weed stocks moved based just on a chance they might classify it as a lower tier drug.

How much will they move if it actually becomes legal?
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1263 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 6, 2023 4:37 pm

dakomish23 wrote:My firm had bought paypal right after the spinoff, sold off when it was over 250 and now are buying it up again based on their software side.

Thanks for sharing.

What's so special about PayPal's software?

I've been eyeing them from a valuation standpoint. But I'm just not sure about their growth prospects anymore and their recent acquisitions.

I still like them better than Square/Block.

PayPal was one of the first stocks I bought. Luckily, I sold when it went over 200 as well.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,208

Post#1264 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 3, 2023 4:43 pm

SBF guilty as expected. Facing over 100 years in prison.

You folks still investing in crypto?
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#1265 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Nov 3, 2023 5:29 pm

we are now just about 6 months away from the BTC halving, and possibly 3 months from a spot ETF approval.

consider this the “I told you so” post I will refer to in a year or so, and many years after. yes, still investing/trading.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1266 » by Stannis » Fri Nov 3, 2023 7:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:SBF guilty as expected. Facing over 100 years in prison.

I feel I missed the boat on BTC at 20k ish. but it seems to follow tech stocks and the Nasdaq anyways. So I don't feel too much FOMO

Also, imo, it's important to know the difference between the underlying assets/currencies and a Ponzi Scheme exchange / hedge fund.

SBF is not Crypto. Just like Bernie Madoff was not the Stock Market.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1267 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 3, 2023 9:22 pm

Stannis wrote:

I feel I missed the boat on BTC at 20k ish. but it seems to follow tech stocks and the Nasdaq anyways. So I don't feel too much FOMO

Also, imo, it's important to know the difference between the underlying assets/currencies and a Ponzi Scheme exchange / hedge fund.

It’s a question of enforceable regulations .
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1268 » by NYKinMIA » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:53 pm

Stannis
RealGM

Post#1269 » by Stannis » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

It’s a question of enforceable regulations .

Well SBF/FTX never got properly regulated because he was making political donations.

But Coinbase always gets $hit despite them being transparent. And they've always proved time & time again that they can survive downturns without screwing over customers.
Free Palestine
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,539

Post#1270 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:29 pm

I've been trading using Wyckoff for 6 years and have built my trading account from $2,200 to $57,000. It isn't easy to learn but it was the first approach to the markets that made sense to me.

As for BTC, I think if you aren't a short-term trader, it's still a good buy. I think 100k is realistic by the end of 2024 and depending on what happens with interest rates, it can be much more.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1271 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 5, 2023 5:57 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:I've been trading using Wyckoff for 6 years and have built my trading account from $2,200 to $57,000. It isn't easy to learn but it was the first approach to the markets that made sense to me.

As for BTC, I think if you aren't a short-term trader, it's still a good buy. I think 100k is realistic by the end of 2024 and depending on what happens with interest rates, it can be much more.

Two questions:

1. What are you investing in?
2. Environmental impacts?
Free Palestine
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,539

Post#1272 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:36 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:I've been trading using Wyckoff for 6 years and have built my trading account from $2,200 to $57,000. It isn't easy to learn but it was the first approach to the markets that made sense to me.

Two questions:

I day trade crude oil futures and Nasdaq futures. I only have long-term investments in Bitcoin at this point. I'm basically a HODLer since March of this year. I've been accumulating with most of my position coming between 24k and 30k but I'm still dollar-cost averaging daily with a larger amount sitting on the sidelines incase of a significant dip. (Obviously not trading advice).

Environmental impacts are blown out of proportion. Since the physical location of mining centers are not important to the Bitcoin network (they are movable), miners flock to areas generating surplus electricity for the lowest marginal costs. In the long-run, this has the potential to produce more efficient worldwide energy markets with Bitcoin miners performing an arbitrage of electricity between global centers. The cost of Bitcoin mining becomes the lowest (excess) value of electricity. This may solve a problem with renewable energy sources that have predictable capacity that is otherwise wasted, like hydro and flared methane. In the future, Bitcoin mining could help with renewable energy sources that have variable output  –  energy producers can plug in miners, and store the excess power as bitcoin.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#1273 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Nov 5, 2023 11:39 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Two questions:

I day trade crude oil futures and Nasdaq futures. I only have long-term investments in Bitcoin at this point. I'm basically a HODLer since March of this year. I've been accumulating with most of my position coming between 24k and 30k but I'm still dollar-cost averaging daily with a larger amount sitting on the sidelines incase of a significant dip. (Obviously not trading advice).

Environmental impacts are blown out of proportion. Since the physical location of mining centers are not important to the Bitcoin network (they are movable), miners flock to areas generating surplus electricity for the lowest marginal costs. In the long-run, this has the potential to produce more efficient worldwide energy markets with Bitcoin miners performing an arbitrage of electricity between global centers. The cost of Bitcoin mining becomes the lowest (excess) value of electricity. This may solve a problem with renewable energy sources that have predictable capacity that is otherwise wasted, like hydro and flared methane. In the future, Bitcoin mining could help with renewable energy sources that have variable output  –  energy producers can plug in miners, and store the excess power as bitcoin.

Wow. I gotta watch that video.
:beer: RIP mags
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#1274 » by Esq-4 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:50 am

Can you not buy XRP if you live in NY?
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#1275 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Nov 6, 2023 12:52 am

Esq-4 wrote:Can you not buy XRP if you live in NY?

you can buy directly through ledger if you have one. Or uphold.
ADeP7
Starter
And1: 2,450

Post#1276 » by ADeP7 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:16 am

Exciting time for anyone who’s hung through the **** that’s gone in crypto through all the different scams and bs. There’s still a lot of interesting concepts.

I will continue to stack as much chainlink as possible. My key to retiring before I’m 40
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,304

Post#1277 » by Garbagelo » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:36 pm

I have been back in crypto for a while with small purchases of mostly memecoins and have pretty much 100x'd my returns

Have learned alot about how pure hype can pretty much drive any market and how fundamentals are complete BS

Accumulate for the bubble if u are looking at alts and small caps and sell on the way up that is all I can tell you, don't even focus on fundamentals, most alts have pretty much proven to be a money sink that will lose vs BTC or ETH long term

Will only be trading memecoins and NFTs (when they are back) for the foreseeable future, I just don't see anything else that will ever beat these returns period. Profits will go into BTC and ETH. That is it, not even looking at any top 100 coins.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 842

Post#1278 » by KOA » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:23 pm

Garbagelo wrote:I have been back in crypto for a while with small purchases of mostly memecoins and have pretty much 100x'd my returns

Have learned alot about how pure hype can pretty much drive any market and how fundamentals are complete BS

Accumulate for the bubble if u are looking at alts and small caps and sell on the way up that is all I can tell you, don't even focus on fundamentals, most alts have pretty much proven to be a money sink that will lose vs BTC or ETH long term

Will only be trading memecoins and NFTs (when they are back) for the foreseeable future, I just don't see anything else that will ever beat these returns period. Profits will go into BTC and ETH. That is it, not even looking at any top 100 coins.

That's great feedback that can be applied to the broader market in general.
We are in times where good news is bad news and bad news is good news unless it's not.

Trading on hype requires a lot of discipline.
Get your required return, get out, and never look back.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1279 » by NYKinMIA » Mon Nov 6, 2023 9:27 pm

exciting times indeed. no hyperbole or sarcasm here.

this is lining up to be the most important year of my life.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1280 » by Stannis » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:17 pm

This thread getting hits again makes me want to sell lol.

Or maybe we are in for another bull run?

Bitcoin has been a straight up winner throughout these rate increases. You have to give credit here.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks