ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#1301 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:09 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:They said the same 2 years ago when they intentionally crashed it

You mean when FTX was selling customers BTC to buy their own token?
For sure that cut the peak of BTc at 69k.

They can only slow it though. The key is to just take (some) profits on the way up.
Too much to be made in alts to go all in btc, unless one is averse to risk.

Yea so I was HEAVILY invested, had my ear in the chats on telegram talking to main ppl and everyone thought it was going to 100k by the years end... I was taking profits along the way but then I opened a huge contract and leveraged all my money (not smart know) but I had nearly an impossible liquidation point or so I thought... every one panic sold when the big wigs tried to crash it and succeeded... my liquidation mark was about 31 I think the candle went all the way below 26

unless you're an experienced trader, NOBODY should be trading leveraged margin with ANY asset.

buy spot and hold in you're wallet. BTC is going nowhere, and is the single best performing asset of all time.

to say it's not safe because you got burned bad is throwing out the baby with the bath water homie.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,840

Post#1302 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,720

Post#1303 » by ScienceOfLosing » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:26 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:They said the same 2 years ago when they intentionally crashed it

You mean when FTX was selling customers BTC to buy their own token?
For sure that cut the peak of BTc at 69k.

They can only slow it though. The key is to just take (some) profits on the way up.
Too much to be made in alts to go all in btc, unless one is averse to risk.

Yea so I was HEAVILY invested, had my ear in the chats on telegram talking to main ppl and everyone thought it was going to 100k by the years end... I was taking profits along the way but then I opened a huge contract and leveraged all my money (not smart know) but I had nearly an impossible liquidation point or so I thought... every one panic sold when the big wigs tried to crash it and succeeded... my liquidation mark was about 31 I think the candle went all the way below 26

Ouch, really sorry to hear that, in particular because it wasn’t exactly your fault. Rather corruption.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,170

Post#1304 » by Stannis » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:04 pm

BTC has broken ATHs and some.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,208

Post#1305 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:13 am

Stannis wrote:BTC has broken ATHs and some.

What does that mean?
Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,318

Post#1306 » by aq_ua » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:07 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

What does that mean?

ATH = all time highs. The first Bitcoin ETF was approved in the US this January, and the UK just approved the same yesterday. I suppose that gives people comfort around liquidity and transparency of pricing, which attracts demand and has driven the price even higher. Fundamentally, though, nothing has changed about Bitcoin nor other cryptocurrencies, and I would expect a sell-off once the excitement dies down.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1307 » by Stannis » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:14 pm

aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What does that mean?

ATH = all time highs. The first Bitcoin ETF was approved in the US this January, and the UK just approved the same yesterday. I suppose that gives people comfort around liquidity and transparency of pricing, which attracts demand and has driven the price even higher. Fundamentally, though, nothing has changed about Bitcoin nor other cryptocurrencies, and I would expect a sell-off once the excitement dies down.

I would be more concerned about institutional investors and hedge funds here. It looks like most are all bullish here. But they could easily flip the switch. And now they have more tools to short BTC/Crypto and artificially kill the price as they have done with certain commodities in the past.
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1308 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:39 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

What does that mean?

it means you were wrong gramps :lol:

hope all my peeps are enjoying the cycle so far, more to come. don't get shaken out on the pullback.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1309 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:50 pm

Stannis wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:What does that mean?

I would be more concerned about institutional investors and hedge funds here. It looks like most are all bullish here. But they could easily flip the switch. And now they have more tools to short BTC/Crypto and artificially kill the price as they have done with certain commodities in the past.

but BTC is not a traditional commodity my man. you can't grow or extract more of it.

it's mathematical energy with a finite supply, and a programmed supply crunch every 4 years.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1310 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 am

aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What does that mean?

The ETF is more about accessability to BTC for those that want exposure but don‘t have the know how.
Self custody is a barrier to many but the government is all too happy to put that control in companies hands.
They are in part making BTC into a stock. But if you need to leave with some wealth the real deal BTC is not easily confiscatable, so don‘t forget why BTC was created by Team Satoshi.

And on top of the above you have most currencies having problems. BTC for all its volatility is MUCH better. Compare a chart of BTC against all currencies since inception and watch some Michael Saylor videos. So fundamentally currencies have changed in a bad bad way. Lol but I get your point.

Re sell off, yeah there will be multiple 30% corrections on the way up. But with all that is going on in the world I wouldn‘t be shocked to see BTC in the hundreds of thousands in the next few years, actually expect it. Do not overlook all the economic/financial problems in the world.

But I‘m riding more AI plays like TAO, NMT and Sidus AITech and then will rotate profits into cash and BTC.
The X‘s on the AI crypto has been insane with Trump coin in 2nd place.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1311 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:03 am

aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What does that mean?

Still sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me. But even the stock market scares me. :lol:
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1312 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:What does that mean?

Still sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me. But even the stock market scares me. :lol:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you hated email once upon a time :P
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1313 » by Stannis » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:16 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
it's mathematical energy with a finite supply, and a programmed supply crunch every 4 years.

It can still be manipulated. Lot of commodities are finite and limited.

I'm just getting into theories here... but if BTC really hits the numbers as projected, we are about to have a bunch of new millionaires/billionaires. The 1% and Wall Street usually don't liked inviting new people to the club.

"The markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

I hope the Crypto holders and hold. But I anticipate attacks.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1314 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:30 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:ATH = all time highs. The first Bitcoin ETF was approved in the US this January, and the UK just approved the same yesterday. I suppose that gives people comfort around liquidity and transparency of pricing, which attracts demand and has driven the price even higher. Fundamentally, though, nothing has changed about Bitcoin nor other cryptocurrencies, and I would expect a sell-off once the excitement dies down.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you hated email once upon a time :P

:lol:
Free Palestine
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1315 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:11 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
What does that mean?

First, I‘m not a big BTC guy, more into crypto in general.
It really isn‘t a ponzi though. If you define it as such then so are stocks, homes and anything else that appreciates, which you can argue.

It truly is a digital gold but better than gold (outside of electronics and jewelery.) Just passed silver in market cap. :o
Can‘t fake it, which is problematic for gold. In a digital world it serves a function with all the money printing and corruption.

I‘m more impressed technologically by Kaspa, Bittensor and a few others.
But that first mover advantage is hard to overcome.

Saylor is pretty brilliant about BTC.

And governments are taking notice in part due to this US MILITARY guy. Mind blown and heavy to grasp.
Video getting harder to find. Off youtube, just checked. Pentagone asked him to take it down! Short summary.
BTC = New physical power projection according to military guy who wrote the book Softwar.

[youtube] https://youtu.be/DLuqWYk-9Ag?si=LGTlpHJKZ6Fxx8zQ[/youtube]
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1316 » by Stannis » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:54 pm

ScienceOfLosing wrote: snipped

Yeah for real. I get Crypto is risky. But so are stocks. They might have the NYSE or NASDAQ stamp of approval, but that doesn't mean anything. So many of these companies are BS. It's obvious even most CNBC analysts don't even read balance sheets anymore.

And we have blue chip stocks trading at 60 times sales.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1317 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:17 am

Stannis wrote:

Yeah for real. I get Crypto is risky. But so are stocks. They might have the NYSE or NASDAQ stamp of approval, but that doesn't mean anything. So many of these companies are BS. It's obvious even most CNBC analysts don't even read balance sheets anymore.

Did you see that the Boeing whistleblower was found dead? They don’t **** around. Corporate mafia.
Free Palestine
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1318 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:13 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Did you see that the Boeing whistleblower was found dead? They don’t **** around. Corporate mafia.

Murder.

Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1319 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:34 am

App That Lets Users Mimic Stock Trading Of Lawmakers EXPLODES In Popularity

Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,630

Post#1320 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Image

App That Lets Users Mimic Stock Trading Of Lawmakers EXPLODES In Popularity

I wish Nancy Pelosi managed my 401k.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to New York Knicks