ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,172

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#381 » by Clyde_Style » Sat May 14, 2022 3:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

This kid is 6'4", great size for a point and terrific long range shooter. With Thibs developing his defense and the winner of the European rising star, he may surprise alot of folks.

He also looks kind of slow. Then again, so does Kyle Anderson and Josh Giddy, and yet they succeed.

Maybe, but he gets to the rack at will with his stop and go handle skills which look NBA ready. He may not be an athletic specimen, but when you consider that Thibs always seems oriented towards penetrating PGs who can score through contact, Rokas actually looks like a prime candidate to either start for Thibs or back up IQ if they are going to keep developing him as a PG. Rokas, IQ and DRose would be worth watching as a fan IMO

If they do make any moves that involve sending IQ out in a trade, Rokas seems like an ideal replacement.
ImageImageImage
RealGM
And1: 39,290

Post#382 » by 2010 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:46 pm

j4remi wrote:If it's any consolation for those who feel (justifiably) that murphy's law will apply to Rokas ever playing in a Knicks jersey...He had an interview not too long ago where he mentioned that the Knicks have had a bunch of communication with his agent and were present for the Copa Del Ray where he played really well. So the Knicks have been present and shown signs of belief in the kid.

He is really effective at shedding the defender with the behind-the-back crossover.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#383 » by j4remi » Sat May 14, 2022 9:34 pm

2010 wrote:
j4remi wrote:If it's any consolation for those who feel (justifiably) that murphy's law will apply to Rokas ever playing in a Knicks jersey...He had an interview not too long ago where he mentioned that the Knicks have had a bunch of communication with his agent and were present for the Copa Del Ray where he played really well. So the Knicks have been present and shown signs of belief in the kid.

He is really effective at shedding the defender with the behind-the-back crossover.

He's a really crafty player all around. The kid flashes instincts and anticipation way ahead of his years. He doesn't need that much space to create out of because of his heady style. I really want to see how he adapts when he hits NBA competition and athleticism.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#384 » by j4remi » Sun May 15, 2022 3:29 pm

There's a series of three consecutive dimes with the best one starting at 1:25...just really nice stuff. Kid's got crazy timing and releases those passes fast.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,799

Post#385 » by omerome » Sun May 15, 2022 3:41 pm

j4remi wrote:

There's a series of three consecutive dimes with the best one starting at 1:25...just really nice stuff. Kid's got crazy timing and releases those passes fast.

I wish he would come over as I think he's ready. With the way he attacks the rim and how he reads the defense, you'd think that Thibs would be excited to have him.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,257

Post#386 » by spree8 » Sun May 15, 2022 4:59 pm

The Lamma wrote:I can't shake the feeling he'll never play for us. We'll find some way to screw this up. He'll be what looks like a throw-in in some deal then turn out to be a good player somewhere else for some West Conference team. Plus the Knicks aren't legally allowed to have a real point guard who can actually distribute the fcking basketball properly.

Spoiler:
I'd love to be wrong about this. Please let me be wrong

Yea I'd love to take a chance on this kid and give him big minutes in the rotation, but I don't have any faith in the front office or coaching staff to not mess things up with him. Hope I'm wrong too.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#387 » by Triple C » Fri May 20, 2022 10:47 am

Read on Twitter
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,933

Post#388 » by DaGawd » Fri May 20, 2022 11:13 am

He’s never coming
BaF
Washington Wizards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,920

Post#389 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 am

Rokas knows Thibs will never play him
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#390 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 20, 2022 1:27 pm

Fire Thibs. Build around Rokas.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,120

Post#391 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:08 am

robillionaire wrote:
Juggynaut wrote:He's definitely a lotto pick in this draft. Which speaks to how **** this draft is.

That’s kinda what I’m wondering. I was thinking at least a mid to late first. But prior winners of the award have lottery picks such as Luka, Bargnani, Rubio, Gallinari. I don’t know if I would put him on that level but other guys like Bogdanovic, Rudy Fernandez, Goga Bitazde, Garuba, Nikola Mirotic, were mid/late first rounders. And then Kostas Papanikolaou selected 48. I guess I’m just trying to find out exactly how much hype this dude would actually have if he was entering the draft

He overperformed after Barca transfer, but I doubt his stock rose that much. Just not an ideal NBA prospect, I think his ultimate peak is something like Todays Vasilje Micic or old Goran Dragic.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,806

Post#392 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:10 am

UcanUwill wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Juggynaut wrote:He's definitely a lotto pick in this draft. Which speaks to how **** this draft is.

That’s kinda what I’m wondering. I was thinking at least a mid to late first. But prior winners of the award have lottery picks such as Luka, Bargnani, Rubio, Gallinari. I don’t know if I would put him on that level but other guys like Bogdanovic, Rudy Fernandez, Goga Bitazde, Garuba, Nikola Mirotic, were mid/late first rounders. And then Kostas Papanikolaou selected 48. I guess I’m just trying to find out exactly how much hype this dude would actually have if he was entering the draft

He overperformed after Barca transfer, but I doubt his stock rose that much. Just not an ideal NBA prospect, I think his ultimate peak is something like Todays Vasilje Micic or old Goran Dragic.

Yay! Another Knicks draft fail.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#393 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:13 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Honestly, for a second rounder, thats not a bad value, I am just saying, do not expect lottery talent or a future all star.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,208

Post#394 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:19 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

:lol: :nod:
Free Palestine
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#395 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

:lol: :nod:

I just want to point out that I am a natural pessimist, and always set myself for lowest expectations. Even with Luka I was keeping it low, even though I knew what I was watching in Madrid.

I mean Rokas did win Euroleague rising star, Wembanyama was eligible, Filip Petrusev, Mathew Strazel were eligible, but Rokas beat them, so its not like he wasnt cooking something. Smart player, but its just that its really hard to fix things like very poor vertical leap or lose handle.
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 774

Post#396 » by nyk2017 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 4:34 am

Can't wait to see this kid in summer league this year and continue to develop in Europe next year. He will be with the Knicks in 2024 as a key bench player.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#397 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:02 am

Loose Labia!
:beer: RIP mags
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#398 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jun 5, 2022 7:10 am

nyk2017 wrote:Can't wait to see this kid in summer league this year and continue to develop in Europe next year. He will be with the Knicks in 2024 as a key bench player.

I doubt he plays in Summer league as national team camp starts this month and lasts till Eurobasket.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#399 » by bleedblue3303 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:22 pm

can someone explain as I don't claim to be well versed in Euro league. How does another season in Euro league benefit this kid more than 1 year with our team. In practices, playing in the G league, working with our training, development and coaching staff?
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 338

Post#400 » by movingon » Sun Jun 5, 2022 4:10 pm

He'll be playing meaningful minutes on the 2nd biggest stage in the world.
I can see why he'd rather do that than be stuck on the bench or playing in a developmental league.
The Euro league is much more competitive than it used to be.
Plus another year closer to family and friends, and away from mass shootings and insurrections.

bleedblue3303 wrote:can someone explain as I don't claim to be well versed in Euro league. How does another season in Euro league benefit this kid more than 1 year with our team. In practices, playing in the G league, working with our training, development and coaching staff?

Return to New York Knicks