ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#421 » by gavran » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:58 am

power12 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Mitch + McBride + two protected 1sts for Mikal Bridges... then we bring Rokas over and run it back with this crew one more time...

iHart / Randle / OG / Bridges / Brunson with Precious, Hart, DDV, and Rokas as the main bench pieces. Sims is there too but would probably draft a back-up big.

Is this a joke there's no way I am including McBride in this deal.

I'm not sure, if what I'm going to tell you really is a surprise or not, but you are not the GM of the Knicks.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#422 » by stuporman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:51 am

Herb Jones should be a Knick right now...not a guy who probably will never play for the Knicks.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,323

Post#423 » by DrCoach » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:26 pm

Hes lefty too
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,843

Post#424 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:27 pm

How good is Rokas at shooting the 3?
Can he guard NBA players according to NBA rules, as opposed to FIBA. (I'd say yes, but it's not a given)

If he can't shoot the NBA 3 at an above 35% rate, it's not worth it, other than there's the hope the Knicks would live with it for a year or two while he develops, not unlike Deuce.

Knicks need all the depth they can get, since apparently they are going to move forward with 3 players who will miss 100 games per year between the 3 of them.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,390

Post#425 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:How good is Rokas at shooting the 3?
Can he guard NBA players according to NBA rules, as opposed to FIBA. (I'd say yes, but it's not a given)

If he can't shoot the NBA 3 at an above 35% rate, it's not worth it, other than there's the hope the Knicks would live with it for a year or two while he develops, not unlike Deuce.

Knicks need all the depth they can get, since apparently they are going to move forward with 3 players who will miss 100 games per year between the 3 of them.

The Euro 3 pt line is a foot, 7 inches closer and maybe the NBA defenders are a touch quicker, He's shot 41% from Euro-3 over his career. Less well in the Euro-league last 2 seasons, but he's not taking a ton of 3s. It's hard to say.

I think the Knicks would be wise to give him a look and use him as a back-up PG, but who knows. Maybe a team offers the Knicks something silly for him in trade and they trade him. Lots of assets right now, and a deep roster. It's a good problem to have.

Looking up his stats, I don't really see how it meshes with the recent video. 16 minutes per game? He's not exactly lighting it up in the Euro league right now.

His numbers are better in Liga ACB (whatever that is) and FIba (3 games). Not sure how to read his stat line, so I think you're right. There are questions. He still might be a first round pick tallent. Time will tell.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/rokas-jokubaitis-1.html
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,219

Post#426 » by aggo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:57 pm

I mean he can pass for sure

but I dont know if he's got enough speed or dribble skills to be a pg in the nba
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,213

Post#427 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:43 am

aggo wrote:I mean he can pass for sure

but I dont know if he's got enough speed or dribble skills to be a pg in the nba

I always thought that he had too high a handle for the NBA. I haven’t seen much improvement in that regard though he is highly regarded in the Spanish league.
Free Palestine
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,726

Post#428 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:34 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I always thought that he had too high a handle for the NBA. I haven’t seen much improvement in that regard though he is highly regarded in the Spanish league.

You are correct but he is just playing to that level and speed. He has no real need to change, yet.
I’m sure tightening and lowering it won’t be a problem at all.

He has some size but his problem will probably be defense, though he might be average if coming off the bench.
Watching him play he barely (but consistently) gets almost all his shots off. Again, he will have to adjust.

Rokas and 1 or two picks/rookies coming in is exciting as a fan.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,213

Post#429 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:37 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

You are correct but he is just playing to that level and speed. He has no real need to change, yet.
I’m sure tightening and lowering it won’t be a problem at all.

He has some size but his problem will probably be defense, though he might be average if coming off the bench.
Watching him play he barely (but consistently) gets almost all his shots off. Again, he will have to adjust.

Rokas and 1 or two picks/rookies coming in is exciting as a fan.

What about that lefty rookie guard on GS who also has an Eastern European name? He looks real comfortable in the league. Podziemski! I like him.

Rokus is also a good sized guard who could probably also play some SF. Maybe we can get him take Burks’s spot.
Free Palestine
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#430 » by gavran » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
What about that lefty rookie guard on GS who also has an Eastern European name? He looks real comfortable in the league. Podziemski! I like him.

Rokus is also a good sized guard who could probably also play some SF. Maybe we can get him take Burks’s spot.

Return to New York Knicks