ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,889

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway 

Post#1281 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 5, 2024 1:32 pm

Canelo handled the young boy as I predicted:

Read on Twitter

The shot he caught before the uppercut reset his hardware was sickening. That being said, Munguia has nothing to be ashamed of.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,638

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway 

Post#1282 » by j4remi » Sun May 5, 2024 2:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I have this feeling that UFC 301 is tonight. Just a hunch. Normally we'd see a preview from our Fearless Leader. He must be busy hanging with CP and Ashely Nicole Moss at KFTV to be bothered with us minions here. :lol:

:lol: Knicks and Rangers post-seasons definitely have me distracted. Plus 301 only had two notable fights right at the top.

Aldo looked GREAT! The Erceg vs Pantoja was a fantastic fight. 125 lbs title fights keep delivering.

Canelo did his thing. That uppercut was filthy, and he just controlled the action despite the size discrepancy.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1283 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 5, 2024 4:54 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I have this feeling that UFC 301 is tonight. Just a hunch. Normally we'd see a preview from our Fearless Leader. He must be busy hanging with CP and Ashely Nicole Moss at KFTV to be bothered with us minions here. :lol:

:lol: Knicks and Rangers post-seasons definitely have me distracted. Plus 301 only had two notable fights right at the top.

Aldo looked GREAT! The Erceg vs Pantoja was a fantastic fight. 125 lbs title fights keep delivering.

Canelo did his thing. That uppercut was filthy, and he just controlled the action despite the size discrepancy.

I feel like Canelo did everything that he could to knock inflict a brutal knock out on that kid. His beef is with Oscar, not Jaime :lol:

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,417

Post#1284 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 5, 2024 9:02 pm

j4remi wrote:

Definitely a weak card for a PPV event. I wonder what the numbers were.
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1285 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 6, 2024 12:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Inoue with a brutal knockout here. My God

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1286 » by j4remi » Mon May 6, 2024 1:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excellent fight. Inoue is must-see boxing. The time zones are the only thing holding him back.

Read on Twitter
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1287 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 6, 2024 8:53 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Excellent fight. Inoue is must-see boxing. The time zones are the only thing holding him back.

Read on Twitter

Yeah I actually was shocked that Inoue got knocked down in this fight.

Dude had to go to the hospital. I hope he is alright. The way his head bounced...christ. I love boxing but this is the part that sucks. Those knockouts can lead to death

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1288 » by j4remi » Tue May 7, 2024 2:01 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Dude had to go to the hospital. I hope he is alright. The way his head bounced...christ. I love boxing but this is the part that sucks. Those knockouts can lead to death

Its really is a scary aspect of the sport. I follow every Puerto Rican prospect I can. Right now, our hottest prospect is Subriel Matias. He's 20-1 with 20 KOs (nearly half of which are from fighters giving up on the stand), the one loss came shortly after he beat Maxim Dadashev who died shortly after the fight from brain injury.

It puts into perspective why so many fighters haven't been able to come out of the corner between rounds with the kid.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1289 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 7, 2024 7:33 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Its really is a scary aspect of the sport. I follow every Puerto Rican prospect I can. Right now, our hottest prospect is Subriel Matias. He's 20-1 with 20 KOs (nearly half of which are from fighters giving up on the stand), the one loss came shortly after he beat Maxim Dadashev who died shortly after the fight from brain injury.

It puts into perspective why so many fighters haven't been able to come out of the corner between rounds with the kid.

I remember the Dadashev death :noway: that was awful.

That's why I don't ever denigrate or disrespect boxers who step into the ring. Even if I hate them or despise them for outta the ring stuff (Floyd), it takes a huge amount of guts to step through the ropes because all it takes is the right shot to kill or permanently injure you for life. That's true for all combat sports, but I've been watching boxing since the days of The Four Kings and I've seen too many guys die.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1290 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 12, 2024 4:19 am

Fighting Sean Woodson is like fighting an alien.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1291 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 12, 2024 4:50 am

Great strategy by Minifield. :noway:
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1292 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 10:25 am

Read on Twitter

Jesus christ what a brutal KO. I swear I've seen this kid get slumped like this before.

Return to New York Knicks