ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#341 » by haterade » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:56 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Prior to this season, IQ couldn't score inside the three point line very well. He always had hustle on defense but, he seems much better there as well.

Now he has the floater working well. He can get into the lane more to score in different ways. His defense is solid. His decision making has picked up as well. Definitely an improvement this year. He is proving to be a very good rotation player. 6MOY all day.

I don't care how he stacks up against Maxey. To me they are very similar players. I don't see enough of Maxey to talk about him but, when I do watch him play, looks like IQ out there.

Year 3 IQ has been a solid player. Trade value peaking. Player value is high. One more year under contract. Is there a max extension we are allowed to offer?

His floater has always been one of his main weapons since he came into the league. The primary difference I can see is his confidence and the huge improvement in his mid-range game and he's able to take it all the way to the hoop now. Prior to this year, he would always settle for his floater if he gets run off the 3, after his 1st year teams started guarding him for his floater after he was run off the line. He's obviously worked on his mid-range game and has more confidence in taking it to the hoop making him a lot harder to guard.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,911

Post#342 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:02 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:You can serve that juicy crow if we beat them in the playoffs courtesy of IQ outplaying this bum Maxey, but chances are that simply won’t happen. I’ll wait it out.

I feel your arguments for Maxey have been terrible so far. Don’t be mad when we’re calling you out on it.

1. Maxey scores 20 ppg. Lol. You think Westbrook is a 1st option, don’t you? Were you that poster that wanted to trade the lotto pick for Russ?
2. You called Maxey a bum (no I didn’t). I said IQ is better. I’m propping up my guy, not exaggerating and calling Maxey a bum.
3. If the Sixers beat the Knicks in the playoffs then Maxey > IQ. This makes me think you consider the Sixers team without Maxey = the Knicks team without IQ, cause this is the only way this logically makes sense.
4. Small sample size gloating. Anytime IQ has a bad game, you show up and post gleefully.

Did I miss any more of your strategies or did I cover it?

Well it is quite the difference if you get a lottery pick along with a player you acquire or if you pay a lottery pick in order to acquire a player. So I’m very sure you’re confusing me with someone.

But you’re certainly the very petty tough guy to come here out of the blue every time after IQ had a nice game. You sure didn’t come here two days ago on Sunday after Maxey dropped 37 himself lol. Neither did I because I could care less and I said I’m simply going to wait and see what they can do in the playoffs. So it’s all good from where I’m standing. I’m happy for IQ. He’s a great, enjoyable player and really making a name for himself.

For petty, yes I am. Not sure about tough, but petty, yes. But where does my pettiness come from? How can a bright optimistic guy like me suddenly turn into an annoying petty guy who shows up when IQ has good games?!

The answer is: most of my pettiness stems from what I learned from you. You gloat when IQ has a bad game, disappear when Tyrese has a bad one. In response, I show up when IQ has great games, which thankfully he does often, and when he has great games, he fills up the stat sheet, and when he has poor games offensively, you know he's bringing it elsewhere. You use poor arguments like "Tyrese > IQ" because Sixers can beat the Knicks in the playoffs or 20 ppg!!!!!!!!!! In response, I keep being petty.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,940

Post#343 » by dakomish23 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:18 pm

I didn't see an IQ free agency thread so I'll just throw stuff I find in here. Who know how TOR would even acquire him

https://raptorsrapture.com/2023/03/08/nba-rumors-immanuel-quickley-projected-contract-could-make-him-fred-vanvleet-replacement/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#344 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:46 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
I feel your arguments for Maxey have been terrible so far. Don’t be mad when we’re calling you out on it.

1. Maxey scores 20 ppg. Lol. You think Westbrook is a 1st option, don’t you? Were you that poster that wanted to trade the lotto pick for Russ?
2. You called Maxey a bum (no I didn’t). I said IQ is better. I’m propping up my guy, not exaggerating and calling Maxey a bum.
3. If the Sixers beat the Knicks in the playoffs then Maxey > IQ. This makes me think you consider the Sixers team without Maxey = the Knicks team without IQ, cause this is the only way this logically makes sense.
4. Small sample size gloating. Anytime IQ has a bad game, you show up and post gleefully.

Did I miss any more of your strategies or did I cover it?

Well it is quite the difference if you get a lottery pick along with a player you acquire or if you pay a lottery pick in order to acquire a player. So I’m very sure you’re confusing me with someone.

But you’re certainly the very petty tough guy to come here out of the blue every time after IQ had a nice game. You sure didn’t come here two days ago on Sunday after Maxey dropped 37 himself lol. Neither did I because I could care less and I said I’m simply going to wait and see what they can do in the playoffs. So it’s all good from where I’m standing. I’m happy for IQ. He’s a great, enjoyable player and really making a name for himself.

For petty, yes I am. Not sure about tough, but petty, yes. But where does my pettiness come from? How can a bright optimistic guy like me suddenly turn into an annoying petty guy who shows up when IQ has good games?!

The answer is: most of my pettiness stems from what I learned from you. You gloat when IQ has a bad game, disappear when Tyrese has a bad one. In response, I show up when IQ has great games, which thankfully he does often, and when he has great games, he fills up the stat sheet, and when he has poor games offensively, you know he's bringing it elsewhere. You use poor arguments like "Tyrese > IQ" because Sixers can beat the Knicks in the playoffs or 20 ppg!!!!!!!!!! In response, I keep being petty.

Cool, enjoy!
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,709

Post#345 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,740

Post#346 » by ScienceOfLosing » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:16 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

6MOTY
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,855

Post#347 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:39 am

It ain't looking good again, Ahki.

He better showout in the Garden.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,956

Post#348 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:23 am

I was waiting for this to get bumped
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,295

Post#349 » by robillionaire » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:43 pm

he went 4-8 for 12 points and had one bad turnover and got pulled, he hasn't looked that good but also he's buried behind brunson and is getting limited opportunities, he's not really best as an off ball catch and shoot kind of player he is best at PG and since we have no plans to use him that way I wouldn't mind if we look to trade him this summer to a team that needs a PG so he can maximize his potential. this is just me wanting what is best for him
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#350 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:56 pm

robillionaire wrote:he went 4-8 for 12 points and had one bad turnover and got pulled, he hasn't looked that good but also he's buried behind brunson and is getting limited opportunities, he's not really best as an off ball catch and shoot kind of player he is best at PG and since we have no plans to use him that way I wouldn't mind if we look to trade him this summer to a team that needs a PG so he can maximize his potential. this is just me wanting what is best for him

Robs taking up the Obi arguments. Hate to see it.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,295

Post#351 » by robillionaire » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:he went 4-8 for 12 points and had one bad turnover and got pulled, he hasn't looked that good but also he's buried behind brunson and is getting limited opportunities, he's not really best as an off ball catch and shoot kind of player he is best at PG and since we have no plans to use him that way I wouldn't mind if we look to trade him this summer to a team that needs a PG so he can maximize his potential. this is just me wanting what is best for him

Robs taking up the Obi arguments. Hate to see it.

it is the same argument except I think it actually applies for him because he’s shown way more
thisiskoz
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#352 » by thisiskoz » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 pm

9 of those points came in the last 5 minutes of a 20+ point game.

And he had all the opportunity in the world in game 1 with brunson's 3 first half fouls. He's been totally ineffective thus far this series in the half court.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#353 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:41 am

IQ looks shook, he has about 3-4 panicked jump pass turnovers. It doesn’t look like he wants to go get the ball. Hopefully he wakes up from the deer in headlights look.
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 519

Post#354 » by MeloNY » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:30 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:IQ looks shook, he has about 3-4 panicked jump pass turnovers. It doesn’t look like he wants to go get the ball. Hopefully he wakes up from the deer in headlights look.

It looks like the ball pressure from Cleveland is too much for him. Looks very uncomfortable out there. Hopefully he turns it around for Game 3.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,804

Post#355 » by duetta » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:12 pm

It's likely going to be a long series. Let's give him the chance to impact it.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#356 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I was waiting for this to get bumped

IQ is gonna need massive games, especially after last night, Maxey's playoff stats have been great since his 2nd year.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#357 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:32 pm

duetta wrote:It's likely going to be a long series. Let's give him the chance to impact it.

5 games not all that long. :D
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,940

Post#358 » by dakomish23 » Fri May 5, 2023 3:21 pm

Found the list on Reddit. No opinion on the outcome

https://theathletic.com/4479117/2023/05/03/zion-williamson-anthony-edwards-nba-young-stars-draft/

Anthony Edwards

Ja Morant

Zion Williamson

Evan Mobley

Jaren Jackson Jr.

Tyrese Haliburton

Paolo Banchero

Darius Garland

Cade Cunningham

Tyrese Maxey

Alperen Sengun

LaMelo Ball

Walker Kessler

Jaden McDaniels

Chet Holmgren

Keegan Murray

Scottie Barnes

Franz Wagner

Jalen Williams

Tyler Herro

RJ Barrett

Jalen Duren

Trey Murphy III

Immanuel Quickley
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,274

Post#359 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 5, 2023 11:00 pm

If he can turn it around this series it would be big for him but idk what his deal is. Game 1 & 2 against CLE I just thought it was 1st Rd jitters wanting to do too much so he and the crowd could go ape **** but idk... I thought he would flourish in the biggest brightest lights... Should of been 6MOY playing in NY at the garden so he should be prepared for this atmosphere but I guess the playoffs is a different animal... Again idk what is going on w quick :dontknow:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#360 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun May 7, 2023 9:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Image

Embarrassing thread, one looks like he could be the next Tony Parker, while the other may be the next Daniel Gibson.

no

yes

Return to New York Knicks