ImageImageImageImageImage

Malcolm Brogdon

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#21 » by EMG518 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:06 pm

Wrong direction, adding another guy who is older and injury prone although he is good when healthy, we aren't a competitive team.
strummer
Junior
And1: 440

Post#22 » by strummer » Sat May 21, 2022 7:53 pm

EMG518 wrote:Wrong direction, adding another guy who is older and injury prone although he is good when healthy, we aren't a competitive team.

Don't disagree. But if it is part of a package that ships Randle out, keeps our youth and Brogdon comes off the bench, sign me up.
RealGM
And1: 39,318

Post#23 » by 2010 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:59 pm

Why would Indiana want Randle? They’re rebuilding.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#24 » by EMG518 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:44 pm

strummer wrote:
EMG518 wrote:Wrong direction, adding another guy who is older and injury prone although he is good when healthy, we aren't a competitive team.

Don't disagree. But if it is part of a package that ships Randle out, keeps our youth and Brogdon comes off the bench, sign me up.

If it's straight up I would do it. We can get Brogdan on a shorter contract. I wouldn't move anything of value though, definitely no picks.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 pm

Brogdon as an expiring (what I thought he was) for the 11th overall pick = bad idea. Brogdon signed for $25 million per through 2024-25 (what apparently is) for the 11th overall pick = bad idea.

The only real way this makes sense (maybe) is if the Pacers want to move Brogdon's contract. Then we can package some expirings and maybe the Dallas 1st.

And before anyone starts with the Randle for Brogdon silliness...the only reason trading for Brogdon makes sense is if they want to pair him with Randle. Randle is the only core guy on this team that even remotely fits Brogdon's timeline.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,197

Post#26 » by Iron Mantis » Sat May 21, 2022 9:19 pm

strummer wrote:

No chance.

Do you realize who the coach is?
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,548

Post#27 » by newyorker4ever » Sun May 22, 2022 1:16 am

People sleeping on Brogdon like this guy can't play ball and play it really well on both sides of the floor. I'm not saying i would give up the 11th pick for him but you aren't getting this guy for free. I get the health issues and wish he didn't have them but if he could give this team somewhere around 60 games a year and we can manage those health issues the best they possibly could be managed to where he's used less in the 1st half of the year so he's around for the 2nd half and hopefully the playoffs then i'm all for trading for him for the right price, but i also realize something will have to be given up to get a talent like him.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#28 » by bearadonisdna » Sun May 22, 2022 1:21 am

Brogdon is a great player.
The injuries kinda scare me ?
He was healthy to end the season , Pacer never brought him back for the tank.
Defensive and pretty good fit with RJ. Worth bringing in if price not too steep .
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#29 » by Adelheid » Sun May 22, 2022 2:14 am

newyorker4ever wrote:People sleeping on Brogdon like this guy can't play ball and play it really well on both sides of the floor. I'm not saying i would give up the 11th pick for him but you aren't getting this guy for free. I get the health issues and wish he didn't have them but if he could give this team somewhere around 60 games a year and we can manage those health issues the best they possibly could be managed to where he's used less in the 1st half of the year so he's around for the 2nd half and hopefully the playoffs then i'm all for trading for him for the right price, but i also realize something will have to be given up to get a talent like him.

I would rather risk it with the 11th rather than trade it for street clothes brogdon

when your coach is tom thibodeau, getting players that are made of glass is a big no-no, we already have d-rose and we dont need another guy who cant stay on the floor
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,197

Post#30 » by Iron Mantis » Sun May 22, 2022 2:24 am

Knicks are nowhere near competing and Randle is not a championship piece.

Priority #1 before anything: trade Randle.

No Brogdon.

After coming to the Knicks his value will be negative. If healthy, he will help the Knicks fight for the play-in while stifling player development.

Stick to the script: Draft and develop a guard and develop the ones you have.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#31 » by Marty McFly » Sun May 22, 2022 4:14 am

Iron Mantis wrote:Knicks are nowhere near competing and Randle is not a championship piece.

No Brogdon.

After coming to the Knicks his value will be negative. If healthy, he will help the Knicks fight for the play-in while stifling player development.

This.

I don't understand knick fans that pine over these fringe all stars in this manner. like, bro can we get a franchise player before we start rounding out the core first? This isn't baseball. there's a salary cap in the NBA. Paying Robins and Nightwings 25 mill a year like we have a Giannis on our team. :lol:

and even then, we might actually be able to develop someone into a Brogdon or Brunson if we actually gave them playing time.

We have Reddish, Quickley, Grimes, McBride and Rokas. They have evident talent. If they can't develop one of those guys into a at least a starter, then they're just bad at their job.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#32 » by KOA » Sun May 22, 2022 4:37 am

Can't see the Knicks going for Brogdon with Rose also having injuries recently. They'll need some stability at PG.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,412

Post#33 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 22, 2022 7:08 am

2010 wrote:Why would Indiana want Randle? They’re rebuilding.

Randle's 28. Not really old. He's an established scorer and rebounder in the league and they still get the no. 11 pick. But I'd rather do the Portland deal where we'd waive Bledsoe.
Free Palestine
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#34 » by blanko » Sun May 22, 2022 9:28 am

Iron Mantis wrote:Knicks are nowhere near competing and Randle is not a championship piece.

No Brogdon.

What if trading randle means getting brogdon in return? You have to march salaries somehow
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#35 » by Adelheid » Sun May 22, 2022 10:11 am

blanko wrote:

No Brogdon.

What if trading randle means getting brogdon in return? You have to march salaries somehow

I dont think pacers would do that unless a frp is given by the knicks
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,405

Post#36 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 am

2010 wrote:Why would Indiana want Randle? They’re rebuilding.

I didn't like the trade in the my first post, but I like it less now.

That said, I'd trade Randle for Brogdon in a heartbeat. I wouldn't include the #11. I don't know what I'd include to sweeten the deal, but Randle for Brogdon - if Indy was game, absolutely.
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,405

Post#37 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 22, 2022 11:17 am

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=mtXw2rwSlyzA56yEHgw3_w

As non-credible as Berman, so I will choose to believe this one.

Welp, that'll teach me to believe the rumors I read. I should know better.
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,922

Post#38 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun May 22, 2022 11:31 am

Marty McFly wrote:

No Brogdon.

This.

I don't understand knick fans that pine over these fringe all stars in this manner. like, bro can we get a franchise player before we start rounding out the core first? This isn't baseball. there's a salary cap in the NBA. Paying Robins and Nightwings 25 mill a year like we have a Giannis on our team. :lol:

and even then, we might actually be able to develop someone into a Brogdon or Brunson if we actually gave them playing time.

We have Reddish, Quickley, Grimes, McBride and Rokas. They have evident talent. If they can't develop one of those guys into a at least a starter, then they're just bad at their job.

:o
Adelheid
RealGM

Post#39 » by Adelheid » Sun May 22, 2022 11:38 am

due diligence, they are listening offers for the 11th pick
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,169

Post#40 » by Reign23 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 pm