ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#1501 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:36 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Been playing Persona 5 for the first time. Still have not beaten the first palace yet. So with out spoilers has anyone played this game before?

It's a lot of fun. We've had a few Persona related discussions recently, the series is a great spin on the collecting and building teams RPG mechanics.

Sifu is crack too. I still can't beat the final boss. I can reach him with 4 or 5 deaths to spare, but can't get past him. The arena mode they added had me playing it like crazy, so I tried again and I'm still giving up way too many years to the last few bosses. But I'm gonna beat it someday.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1502 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:42 pm

Frieren is too good...this power system is sooooo dynamic and fun. Watching how monstrous Frieren is, I wonder what match-up would give her the most problems. Ubel's twisted and badass again. I love how the different skillsets and combinations tied together.

Also, I've heard that they did a lot of expanding on the action, and I'm grateful. This is one of the only action episodes that can hang with the best from JJK and Demon Slayer IMO. The animation was that epic.

"I haven't had to use that move in 80 years" :o :o :o :o Fern's a monster in the making.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,635

Post#1503 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:14 am

j4remi wrote:Frieren is too good...this power system is sooooo dynamic and fun. Watching how monstrous Frieren is, I wonder what match-up would give her the most problems. Ubel's twisted and badass again. I love how the different skillsets and combinations tied together.

Also, I've heard that they did a lot of expanding on the action, and I'm grateful. This is one of the only action episodes that can hang with the best from JJK and Demon Slayer IMO. The animation was that epic.

They turned one small panel of Fern and Stark dancing into a highly detailed 2 minute ballroom dance sequence. It's honestly absurd how blessed us Frieren fans are right now. :lol:

If you love Ubel and Land, the authors blessed the fandom in the manga last week. I would definitely advise picking up the manga to continue the story because i have no clue when season 2 will come
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,215

Post#1504 » by Jeffrey » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:19 am

Mexicans and DBZ is on another level in America.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1505 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:21 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
j4remi wrote:Frieren is too good...this power system is sooooo dynamic and fun. Watching how monstrous Frieren is, I wonder what match-up would give her the most problems. Ubel's twisted and badass again. I love how the different skillsets and combinations tied together.

They turned one small panel of Fern and Stark dancing into a highly detailed 2 minute ballroom dance sequence. It's honestly absurd how blessed us Frieren fans are right now. :lol:

If you love Ubel and Land, the authors blessed the fandom in the manga last week. I would definitely advise picking up the manga to continue the story because i have no clue when season 2 will come

I'm 100% picking it up. I'm just waiting for the season to end. It's truly spectacular.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1506 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:36 am

Jeffrey wrote:Mexicans and DBZ is on another level in America.

Watch this.

Mexican DragonBall fans are in a class of their own. They're in a bar getting lit up and cheering on Goku and Freeza like it's a Canelo fight.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#1507 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:28 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:Been playing Persona 5 for the first time. Still have not beaten the first palace yet. So with out spoilers has anyone played this game before?

I just finished it a week or two ago. Basically I disappeared from the world for a month or two. Great game.

Kinda scared to pick up persona 3…can’t afford to give away my life on these video games too often :lol:
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,164

Post#1508 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Mar 9, 2024 1:06 pm

j4remi wrote:

It's a lot of fun. We've had a few Persona related discussions recently, the series is a great spin on the collecting and building teams RPG mechanics.

Sifu is crack too. I still can't beat the final boss. I can reach him with 4 or 5 deaths to spare, but can't get past him. The arena mode they added had me playing it like crazy, so I tried again and I'm still giving up way too many years to the last few bosses. But I'm gonna beat it someday.

Sifu is kicking my ass lol. Haven’t made it pass the club yet.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1509 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:12 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Sifu is kicking my ass lol. Haven’t made it pass the club yet.

:lol: fam, it took me a LONG time to get past the club. But I felt like after I had the club down, the next couple of levels were easier to wrap my head around.

I know the arena mode says to wait until you've beaten the game, but there are some challenges that act as really good practice. They have a few missions where you're not allowed to block, so you HAVE to master parrying. I'd suggest trying those missions out, because if you can get good at parrying, everything else builds out from there.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1510 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:54 pm

DOT wrote:You know what the problem is, is that I keep getting spoiled for JJK leaks days in advance cause it's infested TikTok

The memes are great though,
Spoiler:
"The strongest sorcerer in history vs the only sorcerer of today"

This week was so bad. Like, it's become repetitive and disjointed, and the action was really hard to follow.

I guess the author wants off this ride. Can't say I blame them, but hell this isn't fun to read anymore.

Thank goodness for Kagurabachi and RuriDragon dropping some quality work this week, those chapters were refreshing.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1511 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:46 pm

Alright, we had lots of love for DBZ...any Dragonball fans here?

I was surprised how much I loved it as a kid. Toriyama had such a good grasp of drama back then as well, and it was fun watching Goku fight in a bunch of tournaments with Jackie Chun, and Krillin and Yamcha being more relevant, Tien being a huge ass monster, and Mercenary Tao just wiping the floor with Goku
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1512 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:18 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Alright, we had lots of love for DBZ...any Dragonball fans here?

I was surprised how much I loved it as a kid. Toriyama had such a good grasp of drama back then as well, and it was fun watching Goku fight in a bunch of tournaments with Jackie Chun, and Krillin and Yamcha being more relevant, Tien being a huge ass monster, and Mercenary Tao just wiping the floor with Goku

Goku vs Krillin, Goku vs Jackie Chun, Goku vs Tien's series of fights, Goku vs. Tao, Goku vs Demon King Piccolo and Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. are top tier fights in the entire series.

Like the hell that Demon King Piccolo put Goku through was when the series began to shift from DragonBall to DragonBall Z. It was brutal. The scene where Goku discovered Krillin's corpse was crazy. The fans who never bothered to check out DragonBall are missing out.

I would love to see the original series remade with this style of animation

Goku was a straight up killing machine as a kid. That's the funny part about the Red Ribbon Army returning in DragonBall Super...like why would you want any more of that??? :lol:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,524

Post#1513 » by DOT » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:02 pm

Kagurabachi keeps being just damn good

I'm really glad it wasn't just a meme manga, this has legit a ton of potential.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1514 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:26 pm

DOT wrote:Kagurabachi keeps being just damn good

I'm really glad it wasn't just a meme manga, this has legit a ton of potential.

BRUTHA.

Spoiler:
When Shiba put that teleport move on Zenitsu's er I mean Hakuri's brother and took him mid air, I lost it. That was raw. And Hinao with the genius set up move. She's such a fun character.

I feel like almost every week there's a moment where the art and choreography just punch us readers in the face, and make us beg for more. That final spread at the end of the chapter with Chihiro taking on the Tou by himself...goddamn. i love Hokazono.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1515 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Alright, we had lots of love for DBZ...any Dragonball fans here?

Goku vs Krillin, Goku vs Jackie Chun, Goku vs Tien's series of fights, Goku vs. Tao, Goku vs Demon King Piccolo and Goku vs. Piccolo Jr. are top tier fights in the entire series.

Like the hell that Demon King Piccolo put Goku through was when the series began to shift from DragonBall to DragonBall Z. It was brutal. The scene where Goku discovered Krillin's corpse was crazy. The fans who never bothered to check out DragonBall are missing out.

Goku was a straight up killing machine as a kid. That's the funny part about the Red Ribbon Army returning in DragonBall Super...like why would you want any more of that??? :lol:

Man I would love to see that remake. They need to get it done. Now is the right time.

RIP Toriyama man…still hurts
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1516 » by DOT » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:22 pm

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1517 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:15 pm

DOT wrote:Image

Zuma is a good kid, I've enjoyed him and Momo's adventure in Jumanji/Candy Land.

Dude was raised right. I hope Granny Seiko lets him eat his fill at the post mission dinner party.

Edit: Eat his fill of whatever is being served for dinner. That last comment sounded sketchy.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1518 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:17 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Man I would love to see that remake. They need to get it done. Now is the right time.

RIP Toriyama man…still hurts

Did you see the last public picture of him? He looked so young man :cry: but from his own words, he seemed to know that his health was failing.

Hopefully by now, he's reached King Kai's planet for training

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1519 » by DOT » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Hopefully by now, he's reached King Kai's planet for training

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1520 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Hopefully by now, he's reached King Kai's planet for training

Unlike many of the souls that pass through King Yemma's palace to be judged, Toriyama gets to keep his earthly body.

:cry: f*ck man...

Return to New York Knicks