ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,143

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#61 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Snacks wrote:

What about Bruce Lee vs Robert Randolph?

Never bring an empty fist to a slide guitar fight
ImageImageImage
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,596

Post#62 » by j4remi » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:24 pm

DowNY wrote:Thoughts on DC looking for a new Superman after Henry already was in the Black Adam post credits?

Also, are you guys sick of them going back to origin stories for live action movies ? They’re doing it again for Superman. And they just cancelled Batman Beyond where Michael Keaton would’ve been back. I’ve been waiting on a live action Batman beyond for 10+ years.

I'm really disappointed about Batman Beyond, I'm a fan of the series and the comics. The cancellations make me really intrigued about the Blue Beetle movie, since of everything they dropped...that one got kept.

I'm not too sad about Henry tbh, he hasn't had any great Superman movies IMO. I'll miss him much more in his role on The Witcher. I'm pretty excited to see what Gunn will do with the extended DC universe available. I know there are rumors about Jason Momoa retiring Aquaman and taking on Lobo which would be awesome.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,596

Post#63 » by j4remi » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Snacks wrote:

Speaking of Bruce Lee. Did yall ever hear of Warrior? It's a series his daughter produced based on his writings (essentially trying to recreate the series he had wanted to make during his life). There are two seasons on HBO Max, and I really enjoyed it for it what a kung-fu inspired series. It was renewed for a third season, but that was before the cancellation epidemic so you may wanna check it out in case it gets banished to the nothing like so many other properties.

Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,143

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:43 pm

j4remi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Speaking of Bruce Lee. Did yall ever hear of Warrior? It's a series his daughter produced based on his writings (essentially trying to recreate the series he had wanted to make during his life). There are two seasons on HBO Max, and I really enjoyed it for it what a kung-fu inspired series. It was renewed for a third season, but that was before the cancellation epidemic so you may wanna check it out in case it gets banished to the nothing like so many other properties.

Awesome show. Loved the whole setting in old San Fran. One of my favorite shows of the past ten years.
ImageImageImage
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,541

Post#65 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:47 pm

Just got a Nintendo Switch. enjoying Mario oddessy...What games should I get next? Im Getting Zelda BOW. What else?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,818

Post#66 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:12 am

j4remi wrote:
DowNY wrote:Thoughts on DC looking for a new Superman after Henry already was in the Black Adam post credits?

Also, are you guys sick of them going back to origin stories for live action movies ? They’re doing it again for Superman. And they just cancelled Batman Beyond where Michael Keaton would’ve been back. I’ve been waiting on a live action Batman beyond for 10+ years.

I'm really disappointed about Batman Beyond, I'm a fan of the series and the comics. The cancellations make me really intrigued about the Blue Beetle movie, since of everything they dropped...that one got kept.

I'm not too sad about Henry tbh, he hasn't had any great Superman movies IMO. I'll miss him much more in his role on The Witcher. I'm pretty excited to see what Gunn will do with the extended DC universe available. I know there are rumors about Jason Momoa retiring Aquaman and taking on Lobo which would be awesome.

Taking this super nerdy, but if y’all are big Batman fans, you all should try out the Arkham asylum games…you really feel like Batman while you’re playing. Top notch experience.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,169

Post#67 » by Stannis » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:40 am

Reinstalling WarCraft 3 as we speak. Played this game on & off since 2006 lol....
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#68 » by RHODEY » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:25 pm

Stannis wrote:Reinstalling WarCraft 3 as we speak. Played this game on & off since 2006 lol....

Nevers got into Warcraft
...my favorite classic RPG video game was Baldurs Gate 2.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,781

Post#69 » by RHODEY » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:26 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Awesome show. Loved the whole setting in old San Fran. One of my favorite shows of the past ten years.

Not familiar with this, I'll have to check it out.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,367

Post#70 » by kane » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:21 pm

i remember getting crap here for saying the DCEU was trash and going to fail :lol: .... make DC fans feel any better i think the MCU isnt far behind now
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,595

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:31 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Just got a Nintendo Switch. enjoying Mario oddessy...What games should I get next? Im Getting Zelda BOW. What else?

What kind of genres do you like?

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games i've ever played in my life. The next Zelda comes out in 2023 :nod:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:33 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Taking this super nerdy, but if y’all are big Batman fans, you all should try out the Arkham asylum games…you really feel like Batman while you’re playing. Top notch experience.

I cosign this. The Arkham series is a fun experience, my only complaint is that I wish they had more DLC for each game, Gotham becomes boring af after awhile once you clear everything :lol:

Spider-Man for Playstation 4/5 is also another game where you actually feel like the character. I actually got kinda dizzy the first time I tried running up the Empire State Building.

Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,902

Post#73 » by Guano » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:39 pm

DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:My brother got me into the Clone Wars series and now watching the Bad Batch series. I always liked Star Wars but...this shyt Dave Filoni is doing really opens up the entire universe and gives a lot of detailed back story on everything. It makes the movies so much better. It also makes me mad that they didn't get to do the last three movies because...those were pretty lame in comparison. He turned me into a Star Wars nerd now!

The Clone Wars is the 2nd best piece of Star Wars media to come out in the last 40 years

Kotor 2 being the best.

Kotor 2 was sooo good. Until the end - fighting a light Saber - not a lightsaber fight, literally just a floating lightsaber - was so damn disappointing to an otherwise flawless game.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#74 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:40 pm

j4remi wrote:Alright yall...a few slept on anime that are pretty fire and worth checking out...

1. Vinland Saga - this one had hype when it came out, but had a long break before season 2 which comes out next month. It's anime vikings fam, and the plot is genuinely great. The manga is a fantastic read as well from what I hear, but I never read it.

2. Mushoku Tensei - The isekai genre is all the rage. That's when someone dies saving a life and winds up transported to a new world. It's super formulaic and a lot of people are tired of it. But Mushoku Tensei was literally the first isekai, which set the tropes that everyone followed only executed them with more purpose than just painting by the numbers. Character development is really earned which is great because the MC starts off as a PoS, but grows as a person the whole way through. The other bit on this is the animation is absolutely fantastic and the world-building feels big and engrossing.

3. A Ranking of Kings - This joint only gets slept on because the art feels kiddish. But it's actually got serious political intrigue, plotting, betrayals, murder schemes, and one of the top-5 action sequences of the year IMO. It honestly stands up against all the best anime to drop this year. Give the art a pass, watch the first two or three episodes and see how you feel after. It's much deeper than people assume.

4. I'ma drop two bonuses from the "anime is kinda crazy" deep cuts. Akiba Maid War - The first is an action-anime that's inspired by old-school yakuza gang war films. But instead of gang battles, it's maid cafes with different animal themes that have beef. it's genuinely the craziest thing I've seen in a while.

5. Paripi Koumei aka Ya Boy Kongming - In case yall don't just want action anime. In this one, the legendary strategist Zhuge Liang, dies and is transported to modern day Japan. He meets a singer and decides to use his tactical brilliance to make her the most famous musician alive. So it takes old Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategems and applies them to concerts and promotion. Midway through, they recruit a battle rapper and have a few episodes focused on battle rap which I stan for...

Vinland Saga's 1st season (the prologue) was an absolutely amazing experience to read and then watch come to life. I will caution you now, Season 2 is going to be a lot different in terms of pace and action, but still a great story.

Jobless Reincarnation is one of the better series of the Isekai genre. The world building is top notch. The main character's growth as a person is what I found to be the main draw.

I need to check out Ranking and Maid War, I've heard great things about those as well.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#75 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Image

I thought this was pretty badass. My favorite from the Predator series

this is one of the best films of 2022, period. I loved every second of it.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,503

Post#76 » by DOT » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:46 pm

Guano wrote:Kotor 2 was sooo good. Until the end - fighting a light Saber - not a lightsaber fight, literally just a floating lightsaber - was so damn disappointing to an otherwise flawless game.

Not just one floating lightsaber,

Yeah it's a bit goofy, but I think it's more of a limitation of the medium. Like if it were an animated fight with floating lightsabers, that'd be really cool if done correctly. Like in Castlevania how Alucard has his floating sword that can act independently of him

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#77 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:56 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 starts in July

They're doing both The Hidden Inventory/Premature Death and The Shibuya Incident

If you know, you know. They're showing the character designs for Young Gojo and Toji right now. This is dope

Shibuya is gonna have Crunchy Roll crashing weekly. People are gonna collectively lose it.

Hidden Inventory/Premature Death itself is going to have people losing their minds :lol: Young Gojo vs. _______ will break the internet.

Once The Shibuya Incident starts though...it's going to be legendary. So many epic fights and brutal, gut wrenching moments.

I have a feeling that they are timing the release of season 2 so that The Shibuya Incident begins right on October 31st in real time like it did in the manga. That would be sick.

The Shibuya Incident imo is one of the best story arcs out of the new generation.

Guano
RealGM

Post#78 » by Guano » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:59 pm

DOT wrote:
Guano wrote:Kotor 2 was sooo good. Until the end - fighting a light Saber - not a lightsaber fight, literally just a floating lightsaber - was so damn disappointing to an otherwise flawless game.

Not just one floating lightsaber,

Yeah it's a bit goofy, but I think it's more of a limitation of the medium. Like if it were an animated fight with floating lightsabers, that'd be really cool if done correctly. Like in Castlevania how Alucard has his floating sword that can act independently of him

LoL, I forgot it was 3. I just remembered being extremely let down at fighting some floating light sabers. I read that the ending was rushed due to production issues. Either way the game is still one of the best games I've ever played. I was also a big fan of the first. The the freedom of choice and seeing how it would change the world was mind blowing at the time. And it was such a deep rich story. Loved it.

And that Dracula show on Netflix was dope as hell. Though it felt like they rushed the ending.
Guano
RealGM

Post#79 » by Guano » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:01 pm

Also I'm regretting opening this thread. I've been fighting the urge to get a crunchyroll account for awhile and all this Bleach and chainsaw man talk is not helping.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#80 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:02 pm

Rurouni Kenshin is getting the Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood treatment with a new remake anime that adapts the entire manga run from 1994 to 1999.

starts next year.

Return to New York Knicks