ImageImageImageImageImage

2023 New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Re: 2023 New York Yankees Thread 

Post#41 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:59 pm

Can Torres play LF?
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,328

Post#42 » by Papi_swav » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:42 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So Volpe needs to be on the team and should be at the top of the batting order. I think Peraza makes the team too, we now have a logjam. Hopefully with the way Donaldson has been swinging the bat someone will come calling. I don't think we should trade Torres just yet, we have to make sure the young kids can stick around but if they do what they suppose to do I can see us trading him at the trade deadline.

Chapparo seems like he's our next 1st basemen an I would like for him to make the roster now as well. Cabrera is playing great too. We also have Sweeney in the minors who I think will be our 3rd basemen eventually and Wells also should be our catcher/1st basemen. Those 2 guys hit lefty too so that helps. The Martian will also be here by the end of the year if not starting next season. I'm really hoping Stanton has a tremendous year so we can get rid of him because we need that DH spot open with all the young guys coming up. These baby bombers look great and we have a very bright future ahead of us.

This is how I see our future looks if everything clicks

Catcher- Trevino/Wells
1B- Chapparo/Wells
2B- Volpe
SS- Peraza
3B- Sweeney/Chapparo
LF- Cabrera
CF- Dominguez
RF- Judge
DH/Utility- DJ/Cabrera etc..

This will be a dream come true. Imagine if we get Ohtani with this team

I bet Volpe starts the season in the minors. Peraza might make the team, as IKF's backup.
Cabera will be the utility guy.
None of the other youth are making the team this year.
It's the Yankees under Cashman.

Nope Volpe is starting the season in the Bronx
And the guys I mentioned above isn't the team for this year, it's the team for the future. I think this is how the team will look next year in 2024 and forward not this season. Dominguez is starting in AA I think he'll smash his way thru triple A and I can see the Yanks call him up in September. The same for Chapparro, both of those guys killed this spring training and look soon to be ready. Wells and Sweeney might not get the call up until next year which is fine. We have a very bright future.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,706

Post#43 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:42 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:So Volpe needs to be on the team and should be at the top of the batting order. I think Peraza makes the team too, we now have a logjam. Hopefully with the way Donaldson has been swinging the bat someone will come calling. I don't think we should trade Torres just yet, we have to make sure the young kids can stick around but if they do what they suppose to do I can see us trading him at the trade deadline.

Chapparo seems like he's our next 1st basemen an I would like for him to make the roster now as well. Cabrera is playing great too. We also have Sweeney in the minors who I think will be our 3rd basemen eventually and Wells also should be our catcher/1st basemen. Those 2 guys hit lefty too so that helps. The Martian will also be here by the end of the year if not starting next season. I'm really hoping Stanton has a tremendous year so we can get rid of him because we need that DH spot open with all the young guys coming up. These baby bombers look great and we have a very bright future ahead of us.

Catcher- Trevino/Wells
1B- Chapparo/Wells
2B- Volpe
SS- Peraza
3B- Sweeney/Chapparo
LF- Cabrera
CF- Dominguez
RF- Judge

I bet Volpe starts the season in the minors. Peraza might make the team, as IKF's backup.

You just gave good Juju to us getting the Dallas pick AND us storming into the playoffs.

:wink:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:50 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Catcher- Trevino/Wells
1B- Chapparo/Wells
2B- Volpe
SS- Peraza
3B- Sweeney/Chapparo
LF- Cabrera
CF- Dominguez
RF- Judge

You just gave good Juju to us getting the Dallas pick AND us storming into the playoffs.

:wink:

Hopefully. On the other hand, I've been pretty correct on the Knicks just about losing out to end the season.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,029

Post#45 » by knicks94 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:16 pm

I looked up Florial’s numbers and noticed that the guy is going to turn 26 years old.Why the hell is he still in the Yankees farm system? The Yankees should have gotten rid of his azz quicker than they got rid of Ruben Rivera in the late 90’s.Some prospects just stink.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#46 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:57 pm

knicks94 wrote:I looked up Florial’s numbers and noticed that the guy is going to turn 26 years old.Why the hell is he still in the Yankees farm system? The Yankees should have gotten rid of his azz quicker than they got rid of Ruben Rivera in the late 90’s.Some prospects just stink.

Every high profile prospect that Cashman himself added that flubs is another blemish on Cashman? Thats why Cashman refuses to let go of any "homegrown" player that does well until it's too late. They're his "medals of honor". As far as Florial goes, I think it's the same old problem. He has great tools, can field and run and throw and hit the ball with force but when you get a pitcher that knows what he's doing (i.e. the majority of the major league pitches and a small percentage of the minor league pitchers) he has problems making good contact. That was Ruben Rivera in a nutshell. That could be due to poor development from the organization perspective or he's just not interested enough to do whatever it takes to adjust (probably both).
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,042

Post#47 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:16 pm

Volpe af!

I hate this built-in rain out shyt to start the season
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,266

Post#48 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:37 pm

An indicator the org knows he's special. Get the shirseys fired up!

Read on Twitter
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,474

Post#49 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:29 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:An indicator the org knows he's special. Get the shirseys fired up!

Read on Twitter

I have a special place for Brett Gardner. Always loved that dude. From day one. He was a fun player to root for. Great guy. I miss those days. He was coming up just before the last WS. Young speed demon! He was abysmal in the WS but, he does have a ring!
:beer: RIP mags
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,266

Post#50 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:03 pm

I've always been meh on Gardy from a fan standpoint, though I respected him as a player. I think the org giving Volpe the lowest possible traditional number (not 0) at this point in history is pretty telling. Similar to Jeter getting 2 in '96.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by knicks94 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:24 pm

I do not feel the same love for Gardy! Sure he was a great teammate and gave 110% on the field, but he reminds me of everything that is wrong with the Cashman era, an aging player who kept being brought back year after year because the organization did not have the capability to develop young talented outfielders.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#52 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:43 pm

I got mad love for Gardy. Home grown player, worked hard on all aspects of the game, improved himself, had an attitude, let Brett bang…even as a old dude, he was more reliable than some of the other talent we brought in. He was basically Udonis Haslem for a while, except all the other suckas kept getting hurt, so he had to take over and still do well.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,612

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:58 pm

look at that beautiful Jersey kid stealing bases like a prime Rickey Henderson.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#54 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:20 pm

My man A-A-ron is going for 75
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#55 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:24 pm

The hell, Boston is starting Corey Kluber?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:35 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:My man A-A-ron is going for 75

easily

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:14 pm

that broken bat single was pretty sweet just now by Judge.

knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by knicks94 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:34 pm

Cabrera looks completely lost at the plate.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,198

Post#59 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 pm

knicks94 wrote:Cabrera looks completely lost at the plate.

:lol: You can't even enjoy an Opening Day 5-0 victory? I believe that the MLB season is still 162 games. There's still time.
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#60 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Cabrera looks completely lost at the plate.

:lol: You can't even enjoy an Opening Day 5-0 victory? I believe that the MLB season is still 162 games. There's still time.

:lol:

This was the first opening day I stopped to watch in the last few years, usually I wait to dive in during the dog days of summer but this season just has me excited for all 162

Return to New York Knicks