ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,908

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1281 » by Rich Rane » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Another RB...okay, I thought Abanikanda would do in a pinch at RB3. Should be going after linemen, tight ends, receivers, and safeties.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,377

Post#1282 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's it? He was our starter at LE and all we could get was a 2026 6th rounder?

Why do people talk about Joe Douglas like he’s a football savant? What has he won here?

This was all about cap space.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1283 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 pm

Not going to wait for pick 257 (Mr. Irrelevant).

Day 3, musings

Pick 134: Braelon Allen RB. Youngest guy in the draft and a bruiser. Different type of back than Breece. I think he's a good fit.

Pick 171: Jordan Travis QB. A 3rd QB who can ride the bench and learn from 2 old guys. Badly broken angle a year ago is a concern and he'd likely not have been there at 171 if his health wasn't an issue. A lottery ticket. Worth a look in the 5th round. I like the pick, though he does nothing for 2024, but I still like it.

Pick 173: Isaiah Davis, RB. This one was a surprise and Abanikanda probably isn't happy right now. Don't know how much he'll play but running back depth and I'm guessing the Jets liked him. Drafting BPA over need. I'm cautiously optimistic about this pick. Curious to see how he works out.

Pick 176: Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB. Interesting pick. Didn't play college, played a year in the CFL. Young, good size, good speed but needs development. Jets don't need a CB so he might not play this year and he's got some good CBs on the roster to learn from. Could be a good pick long term.

I don't hate that they're drafting players who might not make much difference in 2024, even in the 5th round when the Jets are supposed to be all about 2024. 3 picks in a row who are expected to barely play.

A bit of cap space after the Franklin-Myers trade, which most people don't seem to like, but I understand it. I like what they did overall.

Go Jets!!!
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1284 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 pm

And lets not forget, Jets trade pick 126 for a 2025 3rd rounder. I don't know why more teams don't do this. Upgrade the pick by trading back a year. It seems a perfect move for teams that are rebuilding, though I guess, rebuilding teams like young players and draft picks too. Jets traded back 3 times today and in effect, move up over 20 spots in exchange for waiting a year.

I'm OK with it.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1285 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Another RB...okay, I thought Abanikanda would do in a pinch at RB3. Should be going after linemen, tight ends, receivers, and safeties.

And they drafted none of those positions. LOL. Well, they did day 1 and 2 (lineman & receiver). They'll fill the needs some other way.

- - -

AND they draft a safety - last pick of the draft. Jaylen Key.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1286 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:15 am

Jets have been busy filling up the roster.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-live-analysis-2024-udfa-signing-01hwg21hjpe2

Jarius Monroe, CB/S, Tulane
Lincoln Sefcik, TE, South Alabama
Leonard Taylor III, DT, Miami *
Tre Jenkins, S, San Jose State
Jimmy Ciarlo, LB, Army
Shyheim Battle, S, NC State
Braiden McGregor, DE, Michigan **
Brady Latham, OG, Arkansas
Jeremy Lewis, LB, East Carolina
Tyler Harrell, WR, Miami ***
Marshel Martin, TE, Sacramento State
Jackson Sirmon, LB, California
Shemar Bartholomew, CB, Georgia Southern
Tyreek Johnson, DE/DT, South Carolina
Al Blades Jr., CB, Duke

That's all who are listed as of now. More may come.

* An absolutely massive signing for the Jets, Leonard Taylor III was arguably the top player available in undrafted free agency. A former five-star recruit, Taylor was seen as an early Day 3 prospect by most because of his high ceiling. Still at just 21 years old, Taylor is bursting with untapped potential even if he fell short of expectations in three years on the field at Miami. This is a huge get for the Jets. Taylor has a real chance to make the 53-man roster, even in a loaded defensive line room.

** Probably the second most notable undrafted signing for the Jets so far, Braiden McGregor is a former four-star recruit who was a starter for the national champion Michigan Wolverines last year. At 6-foot-5, 257 pounds, McGregor has excellent size for the position and wins with his quick first step and long strides. McGregor also has plenty of experience on special teams, giving him a very real chance to crack the 53-man roster. Most expected him to be a Day 3 pick.

*** The Jets found success with undrafted wide receivers last year and are hoping to recapture that magic this year. Miami's Tyler Harrell stands out for one very obvious reason: speed.

Harrell ran a blazing 4.25 40-yard dash at his pro day which would have been one of the fastest times in Combine history. A 6-foot, 193 pounds, Harrell struggled with injuries in college and finished his career with just 26 catches in 32 games across stints at Louisville, Alabama, and Miami.

You can't teach speed, though, and Harrell is one of the fastest players in his class. The Jets are hoping to replicate his 2021 season when Harrell finished with 18 catches for 523 yards and six touchdowns at Louisville.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1287 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm

This isn't really Jets, but the Broncos aren't picking up Zach WIlson's contract option. I get it. 22 million is too much, but it begs the question - why did they trade for him at all? They picked up Stidhams and will probably start Stidham unless something silly happens in pre-season.

What did they gain by trading for Zach. I'm glad we got a 6th round pick out of it and a bit of cap space. What did Denver get out of it? Just depth?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,439

Post#1288 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 1, 2024 8:48 am

There was a time I would have been all over positions of need and NFL cap rules and dead money hits etc. Scouting reports and yada yada yada. I was drawn back in with Rodgers last year and look what it got me. If he turns into a colossal failure I don't know if I can take any more of this team. I will try again this year to enjoy watching them play. I just don't care about anything else. If we don't make the playoffs for any reason....sign the whole regime to ten year extensions and let me walk away knowing it will never get better than the last 55 years.

Yay jets
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,749

Post#1289 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 12:04 pm

The Jets will find a way to f*co up the season. They always do
Starksfor3yes
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#1290 » by Starksfor3yes » Wed May 1, 2024 1:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:The Jets will find a way to f*co up the season. They always do

Rodgers will rip his other Achilles when he steps out of his retreat.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,749

Post#1291 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 3:59 pm

Starksfor3yes wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:The Jets will find a way to f*co up the season. They always do

Whatever it is, it'll be unique!

Jets find ways to lose horrifically we can't even conceive of. Their ability to find these losing solutions knows no limit.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1292 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 1, 2024 9:09 pm

Wow, so much doom and gloom. I'm curious what will happen this year. Curious enough to watch.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,137

Post#1293 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 1, 2024 9:10 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Wow, so much doom and gloom. I'm curious what will happen this year. Curious enough to watch.

Have you seen any of Rodgers' interviews lately? :crazy:
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,186

Post#1294 » by moocow007 » Thu May 2, 2024 8:22 pm

Not sure if this was posted already but thought this was interesting. It's Joe Douglas talking about the draft and why he picked each of the guys he selected.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1295 » by Rich Rane » Thu May 2, 2024 8:31 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:There was a time I would have been all over positions of need and NFL cap rules and dead money hits etc. Scouting reports and yada yada yada. I was drawn back in with Rodgers last year and look what it got me. If he turns into a colossal failure I don't know if I can take any more of this team. I will try again this year to enjoy watching them play. I just don't care about anything else. If we don't make the playoffs for any reason....sign the whole regime to ten year extensions and let me walk away knowing it will never get better than the last 55 years.

Yay jets

Starksfor3yes wrote:

Luv those Knicks wrote:Wow, so much doom and gloom. I'm curious what will happen this year. Curious enough to watch.

Some solid things happened this off-season and you guys are wondering how the Jets will lose. These...these are Jets fans.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1296 » by Rich Rane » Thu May 2, 2024 8:41 pm

moocow007 wrote:Not sure if this was posted already but thought this was interesting. It's Joe Douglas talking about the draft and why he picked each of the guys he selected.

Get me Justin Simmons and bring back Connor McGovern as depth and I'll forgive drafting a 4th running back.
Starksfor3yes
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#1297 » by Starksfor3yes » Thu May 2, 2024 9:12 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:There was a time I would have been all over positions of need and NFL cap rules and dead money hits etc. Scouting reports and yada yada yada. I was drawn back in with Rodgers last year and look what it got me. If he turns into a colossal failure I don't know if I can take any more of this team. I will try again this year to enjoy watching them play. I just don't care about anything else. If we don't make the playoffs for any reason....sign the whole regime to ten year extensions and let me walk away knowing it will never get better than the last 55 years.

Yay jets

Starksfor3yes wrote:

Some solid things happened this off-season and you guys are wondering how the Jets will lose. These...these are Jets fans.

94 fake spike game, the Byrd tragedy, Bellicheck leaving us at the altar and running up the score on us every chance he gets, Vinny Achilles, Parcells failing to convince Peyton to come out for the draft,
Too many scars, we can't have nice things.

Return to New York Knicks