ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,165

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1061 » by Fat Kat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:33 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#1062 » by Fat Kat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,474

Post#1063 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:17 pm

:beer: RIP mags
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,612

Post#1064 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:35 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I was at the game. Worst played game I’ve ever seen in my life.

You should have been given a refund for sitting in that rain watching that crap.

or at least a medium pepsi.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#1065 » by EnigmatiC » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:00 pm

This team is going nowhere with this offense. I put a lot at Zach's feet but my god there is more than enough blame to go around. The offensive play calling and coaching is horrendous. They have become so bad at 3rd down that they are now second guessing basic play calls. Our WR corps outside of Wilson is pathetic. Lazard is good for a few drops every game and doesn't seem to get much separation. We need a WR2 badly. I don't even know who's playing on the offensive line anymore. Seems like we can't establish a consistent run game either I'm sure the revolving door at lineman is not helping.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#1066 » by Oscirus » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Lets not let defense off the hook. WIth a team on its 3rd qb and cbs like they have, there's no reason the giants should have ran as well as they did. You just stack the box and dare the qb
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#1067 » by Fat Kat » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1068 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:00 pm

Oscirus wrote:Lets not let defense off the hook. WIth a team on its 3rd qb and cbs like they have, there's no reason the giants should have ran as well as they did. You just stack the box and dare the qb

They gave up TEN points!! :lol: The Jets offense was what...2-17 on 3rd down? I didn't get to watch the entire game though. Saw the first qtr and OT basically. So I missed a lot. I can't imagine they were that bad. They shut em down in OT when it mattered.

I'm not saying anything great is going on here but, the 1st six games gave me reason to watch this slop fest. :lol:
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,762

Post#1069 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:06 pm

Zach is such an enigma man. You need to take a Xanax before watching every Jets game at this point :lol:

After watching a youtube video of all his throws, I actually think he played better than I would have given him credit for initially. And his last 2 drives were really terrific. He still had some of the same issues but they're not really turning into turnovers like they used to. He missed some layup throws (the one to Breece really stuck out and should have been a 7-10 yard gain on a key 3rd down) and he went back to holding the ball too long. Given the weather conditions/oline patchwork job though I think he made some good plays when it mattered most. He's recently shown this uncanny ability to scramble at the right time for a key 1st down. Having that in your back pocket as a below average QB helps make up for some of the deficiencies you bring as a passer.

Would like to see the FO target a receiver at the deadline. The only receiver who truly creates separation is Wilson. Lazard is a contested catch kind of guy and drops the ball a lot. Cobb is washed and Gipson is unproven. Conklin and Ruckert are decent for TE's but again they don't make much separation. Part of the reason I think Wilson is holding the ball too long is that he's trying to play a little safe and avoid INT's knowing if they avoid turnovers they can win games with defense. However, the receivers are not separating and giving him easy windows to throw in to. Guys like Rodgers can get away with receiving corps like that because they find ways to throw people open, but Wilson isn't that level of accurate.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#1070 » by Oscirus » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:11 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Lets not let defense off the hook. WIth a team on its 3rd qb and cbs like they have, there's no reason the giants should have ran as well as they did. You just stack the box and dare the qb

They gave up TEN points!! :lol: The Jets offense was what...2-17 on 3rd down? I didn't get to watch the entire game though. Saw the first qtr and OT basically. So I missed a lot. I can't imagine they were that bad. They shut em down in OT when it mattered.

I'm not saying anything great is going on here but, the 1st six games gave me reason to watch this slop fest. :lol:

should've been 3 barkley should not have 100 + yards when the giants offense was so predictable
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Post#1071 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:19 pm

The Jets lost two players for the season this game. That's about their going rate for each game, correct?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1072 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:23 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

should've been 3 barkley should not have 100 + yards when the giants defense was so predictable

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1073 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:The Jets lost two players for the season this game. That's about their going rate for each game, correct?

.765 players per game.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,600

Post#1074 » by j4remi » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=c7eg_0vf10KosEyBJaEgQw
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,790

Post#1075 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:35 pm

How many yards after Woods left the game with yet another Jets season ending injury?

That's a big run stuffer they lost. Agreed though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,198

Post#1076 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

How many yards after Woods left the game with yet another Jets season ending injury?

How long is Woods out for?
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#1077 » by Fat Kat » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

How long is Woods out for?

The entire season. Perhaps forever. He’s a 36yo DT
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,916

Post#1078 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:25 am

Special teams can't allow that. Zach is already putting pressure on them and defense.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,350

Post#1079 » by nyknicks09 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:47 am

Zach Wilson sucks the life out of the offense.

He’s a journeyman QB
New York Knicks
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,916

Post#1080 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:51 am

Punt return TD
Garrett Wilson Fumble
Zach Wilson Fumble

Return to New York Knicks