ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,722

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1101 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:24 am

Only one second?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1102 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:26 am

Fck that guy Crosby. Tired of all the face time he got.
Free Palestine
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#1103 » by nyknicks09 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:27 am

Going out of bound to throw it out of bound lmao

He sucks man! Time to move on from another QB Bust
New York Knicks
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,833

Post#1104 » by Rich Rane » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:31 am

Mark Davis fired Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler for underperforming and that's with Garoppolo injured. What's Woody's excuse?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#1105 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:10 am

Zach Wilson sucks cocks in hell!
:beer: RIP mags
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#1106 » by Nostrand Ave » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:20 am

I like how Zach Wilson looked in the 4th. He was throwing side passes like he practiced with Aaron Rodgers during HBO's Hard Knocks. But riddle me this, why couldn't I see this from Zach Wilson in the first half? Why does it always take so long for this offense to rev up? It's extremely frustrating watching the Jets only kick field goals while other teams score actual TDs. I can't pinpoint the blame. I'm not sure whether I should blame Zach Wilson or Nathaniel Hackett. Maybe both.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,317

Post#1107 » by Oscirus » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:07 am

These idjits had an injured garrett throw the ball on a trick play. Hackett sucks
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,923

Post#1108 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:33 am

F*ck Zach Wilson as a player, and f*ck whomever it is that has refused to not just put him on the bench, but stop letting him in the freaking building over the last 2 years. He doesn't deserve to take up a spot on any 53 in the league, and yet we're getting gaslit week in and week out for the last 2 years about how he's the best option.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,403

Post#1109 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:44 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:F*ck Zach Wilson as a player, and f*ck whomever it is that has refused to not just put him on the bench, but stop letting him in the freaking building over the last 2 years. He doesn't deserve to take up a spot on any 53 in the league, and yet we're getting gaslit week in and week out for the last 2 years about how he's the best option.

Wilson sucked, but he had some decent moments in the first half. About half those were wiped out by penalties.

I still think he's a horrible QB. Saleh is sh*tty coach too, though. The team takes undisciplined penalty after undisciplined penalty. He's a clown.

Basically, they need to fire the the FO, the coach and the QB
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,923

Post#1110 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:F*ck Zach Wilson as a player, and f*ck whomever it is that has refused to not just put him on the bench, but stop letting him in the freaking building over the last 2 years. He doesn't deserve to take up a spot on any 53 in the league, and yet we're getting gaslit week in and week out for the last 2 years about how he's the best option.

Wilson sucked, but he had some decent moments in the first half. About half those were wiped out by penalties.

I still think he's a horrible QB. Saleh is sh*tty coach too, though. The team takes undisciplined penalty after undisciplined penalty. He's a clown.

Basically, they need to fire the the FO, the coach and the QB

There's no "but" there for me. Every team has problems and mistakes every game, I'm tired of people getting fatigued at all the correct/deserved Zach Wilson bashing and seeking out other generic "problems" to illustrate that it's not all him. When we're talking about this depth of failure, these almost unfathomable levels of incompetence that lead to horrific losses, it IS all him.

The Jets are like a car - they may not have a 6th gear or higher top end speed than the rest of their competition. The engine might not have the proper tuning, the garage might be slow and unskilled, the race strategy could be flawed, and the fuel mix might be all wrong - those are all valid problems that will absolutely limit the ability of the car to compete. But none of them are relevant to the discussion of why the car keeps losing races it should win when the driver can't even shift properly. Zach Wilson is attempting to drive around the track in 1st, and he's often grinding gears or stalling when trying to get into 2nd or 3rd - let alone the top end. He's a race car driver who literally cannot shift through the gears without damaging the car.

You can't play a QB who can't reliably hit the simplest, easiest throws. You can't have a QB who, EVERY SINGLE GAME, has the announcers saying, "oh boy, he was wide open, that was an easy touchdown there, Zach Wilson has to be able to make that read/throw, and he just missed him." He didn't play well at all because even if you hit some throws, you cannot be 25-50% odds on layups that average, not even exceptional, QBs would get roasted for missing just once.

And yeah, I'm all on board the fire Saleh train - I've never come around to him as a coach. But there is one problem and one problem alone at this point, and that's Zach Wilson. The other problems with this team are normal issues that NFL teams have to sort through in figuring out where they stand in the league's pecking order. The Jets can't even be in that mix until they have a QB that can execute the simplest and most basic high school football concepts with regularity.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1111 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:15 pm

Zach Wilson is a problem but he ain't the only problem and I'm not even convinced he's the biggest one at this point. He's generally played well enough for this team to win IMO. I don't think it's fair to lay it all on Zach's feet for the offense's problems. Saying all of that doesn't mean you're excusing the FO or coaching staff for not looking into bringing in a better alternative. There's realistically no reason that ZW should still be the starting QB of this team. Mike White performed well for us last year. He should have been kept. Dobbs was out there. Jameis was rumored to be available as well. The Raiders were willing to bench Garoppolo. He could have been gotten. To not explore any of these options before the injury was short-sighted and after the injury is straight up malpractice IMO.

The Jets right now are set up for disaster for any developing QB:

-Merry go round on the offensive line which is also leading to being one of the most penalized teams in the league.
-A playcaller who only has a track record of success with a specific QB
-A #2 receiver who gains zero separation and has a drop problem and no established slot receiver next to him.

WIth all that being said, the season is not technically lost yet and there are easy things they can fix. Penalties being the lowest hanging fruit. But as it is being a Jets fan, I have little confidence that these things will get fixed :nonono:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1112 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:39 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:I like how Zach Wilson looked in the 4th. He was throwing side passes like he practiced with Aaron Rodgers during HBO's Hard Knocks. But riddle me this, why couldn't I see this from Zach Wilson in the first half? Why does it always take so long for this offense to rev up? It's extremely frustrating watching the Jets only kick field goals while other teams score actual TDs. I can't pinpoint the blame. I'm not sure whether I should blame Zach Wilson or Nathaniel Hackett. Maybe both.

Heart Attack Zach. He only performs with less than 2:00 in the game.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1113 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:40 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Zach Wilson is a problem but he ain't the only problem and I'm not even convinced he's the biggest one at this point. He's generally played well enough for this team to win IMO. I don't think it's fair to lay it all on Zach's feet for the offense's problems. Saying all of that doesn't mean you're excusing the FO or coaching staff for not looking into bringing in a better alternative. There's realistically no reason that ZW should still be the starting QB of this team. Mike White performed well for us last year. He should have been kept. Dobbs was out there. Jameis was rumored to be available as well. The Raiders were willing to bench Garoppolo. He could have been gotten. To not explore any of these options before the injury was short-sighted and after the injury is straight up malpractice IMO.

The Jets right now are set up for disaster for any developing QB:

-Merry go round on the offensive line which is also leading to being one of the most penalized teams in the league.
-A playcaller who only has a track record of success with a specific QB
-A #2 receiver who gains zero separation and has a drop problem and no established slot receiver next to him.

WIth all that being said, the season is not technically lost yet and there are easy things they can fix. Penalties being the lowest hanging fruit. But as it is being a Jets fan, I have little confidence that these things will get fixed :nonono:

In fairness to Zach, he gets no protection. We really need to beef up the OL regardless of who the QB is next season.
Free Palestine
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#1114 » by nedleeds » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:37 pm

Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson "is actually playing pretty good"

Who is taking this meathead clown fake coach seriously anymore?
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,572

Post#1115 » by Fat Kat » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1116 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:48 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wasn't James Robinson also not used much after we traded for him. I seem to recall Robinson complaining about that. "They traded for me and now they're not playing me" kinda stuff.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1117 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:07 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:I like how Zach Wilson looked in the 4th. He was throwing side passes like he practiced with Aaron Rodgers during HBO's Hard Knocks. But riddle me this, why couldn't I see this from Zach Wilson in the first half? Why does it always take so long for this offense to rev up? It's extremely frustrating watching the Jets only kick field goals while other teams score actual TDs. I can't pinpoint the blame. I'm not sure whether I should blame Zach Wilson or Nathaniel Hackett. Maybe both.

Sack Attack Zach. He only chokes with the game on the line. He sucks the rest of the time.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1118 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:07 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Sack Attack Zach. He only chokes with the game on the line. He sucks the rest of the time.

Fixed for accuracy
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1119 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:15 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Fixed for accuracy

But I see improvement. :lol:

Who's QB-ing next season.
Free Palestine
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,833

Post#1120 » by Rich Rane » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Great start, Gipson.

Return to New York Knicks