ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,644

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#81 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:05 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wilson has the in with 40 something year old milfs...it might not be so bad.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,644

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:08 pm

Real question for Jets fans...

Lamar Jackson is younger and would probably be a beast with the weapons that the Jets have. If Green Bay's price for Rodgers becomes obscene, and I have a feeling it might be because there seems to be bad blood in the water, would you want Woody and Douglas to pivot towards Jackson? 2 1sts and fully guaranteed money is steep but the Jets would immediately become AFC favorites
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,266

Post#83 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Real question for Jets fans...

Lamar Jackson is younger and would probably be a beast with the weapons that the Jets have. If Green Bay's price for Rodgers becomes obscene, and I have a feeling it might be because there seems to be bad blood in the water, would you want Woody and Douglas to pivot towards Jackson? 2 1sts and fully guaranteed money is steep but the Jets would immediately become AFC favorites

I would LOVE Lamar. I will tell you that the vast majority of Jets fans think he's too injury prone and/not as good as he once was. I believe neither of these things and think he's one of the best in the league.

The only really big problem I see is that the Jets pick is pretty damn good this year (13th) and that would sting.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,136

Post#84 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:19 pm

I don’t think the price will be anything more than a 2nd Rd pick and conditional 2024 1st ( pending Jets make Afc Championship). I think the Jets want 2 years with Rodgers while they have their stars on rookie deals. Then in 2 years when Rodgers retires, they can pay their star rookies and draft a QB on a rookie deal. There’s also the possibility that Zach could put it together in 2 years. I love Jackson but he’s had season-ending injuries the last 3 years. His style of play will always give him durability issues. It’s why no team will give him Watson’ money.
Starksfor3yes
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#85 » by Starksfor3yes » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm

So glad there is a Jets thread! Rodgers calling out all the media guys, he will fit right in. That list of demands is bs. Lazard is healthier version of Davis so that's an upgrade, market for wr went crazy last year but seems to have stabilized this year. Green Bay has no leverage, they need to make this Love's team.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#86 » by knickabocker88 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm

Baltimore would match.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#87 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:14 pm

How does a player 'decide to play' for a team he's not under contract to play for? This situation is very weird.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,508

Post#88 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:11 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Packers are probably trying to take Woody to the woodshed.

As well they should, they have all the leverage. They can just turn around and say you don't wanna play ball? No problem, go pay a boatload of money for Lamar plus two 1sts, deuces.

The Jets don't hold the cards, neither does Rodgers.

So. The Jets would get a 26 year old amazing QB if they did that. The ONLY leverage the Packers have is they can drag it out hoping to get more out of NY. That is it. They have to trade him and the Jets are the team they have to trade him to. They won't get any sort of package like Stafford because that is a completely different situation. Goff's contract was involved.

This deal may include a future first though. No way they get this years frp. My opinion...it will be a couple of conditional picks and some later pick s and not what that ridiculous rumor is.

This will get done before the draft at the latest. No way does GB trade Aaron to a team he does not want. He will be dealt to the Jets. Money and picks will be worked out eventually.
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#89 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:18 am

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:Since it's the Jets no matter what they do it probably will not work but especially with this Rodgers situation it especially won't end well.

That's my thought though I hope I'm wrong.

The path to success is too high to make this worth it, it's superbowl or failure if they go all in on Rodgers and can anyone really imagine a world where the Jets make the superbowl? There's more of a chance of the Knicks in the finals than the Jets in the superbowl.

What? You're insane dude. This team was a mediocre QB away from the playoffs last year. They will threaten the league with Rodgers and some OL work. They need to shore up some holes on defense but, they are one of the better defensive teams as it was.

I am not sure what the issue is here. The Packers did A Rod dirty. Not the other way around. They said take all the time you need then immediately tried to trade him. They did this to other players too. Apparently some of you have no idea what you are talking about at all when it comes to this team and what really went down in GB.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#90 » by stuporman » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:23 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:That's my thought though I hope I'm wrong.

The path to success is too high to make this worth it, it's superbowl or failure if they go all in on Rodgers and can anyone really imagine a world where the Jets make the superbowl? There's more of a chance of the Knicks in the finals than the Jets in the superbowl.

What? You're insane dude. This team was a mediocre QB away from the playoffs last year. They will threaten the league with Rodgers and some OL work. They need to shore up some holes on defense but, they are one of the better defensive teams as it was.

I am not sure what the issue is here. The Packers did A Rod dirty. Not the other way around. They said take all the time you need then immediately tried to trade him. They did this to other players too. Apparently some of you have no idea what you are talking about at all when it comes to this team and what really went down in GB.

The issue is that it's the Jets and their storied history of screwing it all up, until they prove otherwise there's no reason to trust this will be any different. Time will tell.
Image?
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,880

Post#91 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:46 am

A QB that has near 1000 rushing attempts in his early career, and has missed 10 games the last 2 seasons not even including the playoffs he missed. I just don't trust him, and his ability to have a long career, and giving up 2 firsts and a huge deal is a huge commitment, while Rodgers isn't.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,228

Post#92 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:11 am

knickabocker88 wrote:

Baltimore would match.

Yep. We can’t just “go get Lamar”. Rodgers will be the QB. I trust JD to minimize the cost.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#93 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:14 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#94 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:57 am

stuporman wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:

The issue is that it's the Jets and their storied history of screwing it all up, until they prove otherwise there's no reason to trust this will be any different. Time will tell.

Oh yeah. I get that 100%! SOJ is really a thing. I was pretty much done with them the last 6 years. Since Fitzpicksix threatened to hold out in his final year. Like WTF? Then they choked against Rex and I stopped watching. I checked out the first few Darnold games then he got MONO!! Like WTF? I stopped watching until we got Zach. He sucked and we blew back to back top 3 and top 2 picks on busts. Like WTF!!! :o

I stopped wearing/buying gear 6 years ago. Stopped going to games. Stopped watching. Stopped reading news. I was done again this year. Then this happened. I fully expect this to fail in the most embarrassing fashion! But it really shouldn't. There is a pretty good foundation in place and, we added HOF/SB QB a year removed from B2B MVPs.

I will not survive another huge disappointment with this team. 45 years of them have taken their toll. I won't suffer watching Woody Johnson ruin my weekends anymore. Maybe if he sells I would come back to check out what's up.

For now though...

J-E-T-S
JETS
JETS
JETS!!!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#95 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:02 am

stuporman wrote:How does a player 'decide to play' for a team he's not under contract to play for? This situation is very weird.

Because the team he plays for allowed other teams to talk to him. What's crazy about that. GB will start the ask high and settle lower.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#96 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#97 » by Fat Kat » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter
stuporman
RealGM

Post#98 » by stuporman » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:56 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
stuporman wrote:How does a player 'decide to play' for a team he's not under contract to play for? This situation is very weird.

Because the team he plays for allowed other teams to talk to him. What's crazy about that. GB will start the ask high and settle lower.

The teams have to make the deal though, what if the Jets don't want to pay what GB wants or GB doesn't want what the Jets offer? It's not like Rodgers can just show up at the Jets facility on his own 'I'm ready to play!', so it's not just him deciding who to play for like he's a FA.

It just seems like a weird way to frame it all but Rodgers is a weird guy. He may want to keep that lonely dark cave handy if he's going to be the Jets QB, he will need it. :lol:
Image?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,391

Post#99 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:16 am

knickabocker88 wrote:

Baltimore would match.

Maybe they'd agree to a trade, but that really would be 2 first round picks and a fat contract for Lamar.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#100 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:12 am

So did the Jets give up 1st round picks until 2030 for Rodgers yet?
Image?

Return to New York Knicks