ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,359

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#1221 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:The Jets had to give up a 6th round pick and money to get rid of Zach. That dead cap hit must have been mean if they had to resort to that

LOL, and looks like I eat crow on this one.

Swapped a 6th for a 7th, but even so. That's in the direction of ugly but probably a good move. Would have been bad chemistry to carry him into the pre-season workouts.
When the going gets tough, the refs get going.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,519

Post#1222 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The Jets had to give up a 6th round pick and money to get rid of Zach. That dead cap hit must have been mean if they had to resort to that

Swapped a 6th for a 7th, but even so. That's in the direction of ugly but probably a good move. Would have been bad chemistry to carry him into the pre-season workouts.

It is what it is at this point. There's no reason to take a bad cap hit if it can be avoided
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1223 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:55 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

It is what it is at this point. There's no reason to take a bad cap hit if it can be avoided

What I'm reading is that the initial report got it backwards. Jets are giving up their compensation/7th rounder (I've seen it listed as both 256 and 257) and getting the Bronco's 6th rounder (couldn't find the number but it should be around 200, maybe late 190s).

EDIT. Jets are getting pick 207 for pick 256. Moving up 49 spots. I think that's originally the Niner's 6th rounder, not Denver's.

Edit 2 - Sporting news says the Jets got pick 203. Whatever it is, they moved up a bit. Trading the 2nd last pick in the draft for a mid 6th rounder. And saving 2.75 off the cap. It's not much but it's something.

Denver gets to gamble on a guy who maybe doesn't belong in the NFL, but might . . . just maybe . . . get better.

Denver's going to have a fun camp trying to figure out which of their QBs should start. That might almost be fun to watch. Jets get something for dumping Zach. I'd give this trade for the Jets a C, maybe a C+, and for Denver . . . it's a hail Mary. I don't know how to grade a hail Mary until after the fact, so grade for Denver - incomplete with a "what the hell" thrown in. But, gun to my head, Denver gets a D.

It would be funny if they draft a QB and throw him in the mix this pre-season.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,091

Post#1224 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:55 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:

Good riddance.
Free Palestine
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,901

Post#1225 » by Rich Rane » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Good riddance.

Getting out of half of his salary for a third string QB is a nice surprise. By the time Rodgers is gone, maybe Arch Manning is there for the Jets?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1226 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:45 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Good riddance.

Getting out of half of his salary for a third string QB is a nice surprise. By the time Rodgers is gone, maybe Arch Manning is there for the Jets?

You guys keep your filthy hands off of Arch. He's ours!!!

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1227 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Good riddance.

I’d take Joe Willie back in a heartbeat.

Wheel him out boys! :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1228 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Good riddance.

Keep showing up on our thread and we’ll flip you here too. :lol:
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1229 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Keep showing up on our thread and we’ll flip you here too. :lol:

Know your place.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1230 » by Rich Rane » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Oh our hands are filthy, they're...gangrene. :wink:

Arch is years away. Even if Rodgers gets injured again/sucks, I think you underestimate what Jets fans can sit through if it ensures a high draft pick. Have you seen what we've thrown out there under center since Chad Pennington?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1231 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Arch is years away. Even if Rodgers gets injured again/sucks, I think you underestimate what Jets fans can sit through if it ensures a high draft pick. Have you seen what we've thrown out there under center since Chad Pennington?

Yeah I'm just playing :lol: I doubt my team will come within striking distance of Arch.

I remember the days of Brooks Bollinger. Or hearing phone calls on WFAN of desperate fans begging for Bryce Petty to start.

Dark stuff tbh. Jets fans are a tough breed

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#1232 » by Rich Rane » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah I'm just playing :lol: I doubt my team will come within striking distance of Arch.

I remember the days of Brooks Bollinger. Or hearing phone calls on WFAN of desperate fans begging for Bryce Petty to start.

All my Giants family and friends have stopped picking on me. They're at the point of feeling sorry or they know there's nothing they could say that would make me feel worse about being a Jets fan. There's even a hint of respect there.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1233 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I loved Chad. Too many injuries unfortunately.
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,186

Post#1234 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I thought you guys are looking to trade up into the top 4 to draft a franchise caliber QB? One report is that the Giants are talking with the Patriots on moving up to the 3rd spot or with the Commanders for the 2nd spot.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,186

Post#1235 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 pm

As far as the Jets and Arch Manning? It'll never happen. They'll **** it up by winning some meaningless games (like they always do after they're out of the playoffs...the old "moral victories" and "building for the future" victories) and drop out of range to take Manning. Like the freaking Knicks did when they won that meaningless last game with the likes of Ron Baker and Maurice NDour.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1236 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm

Do the Jets let Rodgers take any snaps during preseason?
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1237 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:17 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

All my Giants family and friends have stopped picking on me. They're at the point of feeling sorry or they know there's nothing they could say that would make me feel worse about being a Jets fan. There's even a hint of respect there.

I love Jets fans, honestly I've never seen a reason as to why Giants and Jets fans would beef with each other. I wish you guys would get over the hump and win a championship, those Rex Ryan teams were fun as hell to watch.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1238 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Do the Jets let Rodgers take any snaps during preseason?

He might be too busy taking psychedelics for preseason snaps tbh.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1239 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I thought you guys are looking to trade up into the top 4 to draft a franchise caliber QB? One report is that the Giants are talking with the Patriots on moving up to the 3rd spot or with the Commanders for the 2nd spot.

I want the Giants to draft Harrison Jr, Nabors or Odunze. All this foolishness about a QB is pure smoke imo

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1240 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I want the Giants to draft Harrison Jr, Nabors or Odunze. All this foolishness about a QB is pure smoke imo

If I was a Giants fan, I'd be rooting for a 1-16 season and a #1 overall pick. Not out of disrespect. In 2020 I was rooting for my Jets to get the #1 overall and get Lawrence. Granted, Lawrence isn't a generational talent, just a nice QB, but I was still heartbroken when the Jets were lined up to get him and then did something stupid and won a couple games.

I'm sure, in about 3 years from now I'll be rooting for the worst record in the NFL for my Jets again.

Return to New York Knicks