ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Donte DiVincenzo 4 years $50 mil

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,752

Re: Knicks sign Donte DiVincenzo 4 years $50 mil 

Post#141 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:01 pm

TTorelli wrote:
RHODEY wrote:So yall were mad that we drafted OBi and didn't trade Randle....But happy we got our 4th 6'3'- 6'4" player and haven't moved IQ?

IQ trade probably coming now. Ayton? For IQ, Mitch, and Fournier?

Lord I hope not...I wouldnt trade Ayton for Mitch alone...no way Im throwing in IQ.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#142 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:12 pm

DrCoach wrote:
RHODEY wrote:So yall were mad that we drafted OBi and didn't trade Randle....But happy we got our 4th 6'3'- 6'4" player and haven't moved IQ?

Hes 6’5

Im not mad

You mad?

And yes Im mad. Im mad that we have a 23yr old sixth man of year finalist and still improving players going out for yet another "Thibs" player. We have enough of those. Are we allergic to 6'8"+ Snipers?
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#143 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Good. They only got the sh*tty Kentucky players.

IQ's ****?

IQ is a good defender and is nice at $2 million per right now.
I'm less sure IQ is "nice" at 20 million per, even with cap/cba salary inflation.

I get it though. Every move the Knicks do has to be wrong and suck etc.

IQ is better than "good" defensely:

Read on Twitter

He dropped 38 on the Celts ..in one of the best wins of the year. As a starter he dropped 22ppgs . He almost won 6th man of the year...and he's 23.

But hey we got this shiny new redheaded roleplayer who played at Villanova and can play some defense....
IQ is now expendable :crazy:
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#144 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:22 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Is he a streaky shooter or a consistent shooter? Thats all I care about.

We don't need another IQ who can go crazy hot but also crazy cold.

Streaky without IQ's crazy upside.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#145 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:

the red headed step child thinks the math works out where the knicks are going after paul george with rj & evan going to the clippers

I could deal with that..we keep IQ and Grimes..finally get that prototypical wing and balance out the roster. PG13 better stay healthy and lay of the strippers.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#146 » by RHODEY » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:29 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Meh. :-?

if you like hart, you can’t say divichenzo is bad

they’re literally the same

That's partially why it's meh. We do not need Divincenzo and he is not adding anything we don't currently have with better players.

They still gotta trade Fournier so let's see what we get in that deal but as it stands right now, I think we got worse swapping Obi for DV and some East teams got deeper and a little better.

I was saying the same and Hart is better way more impactful IMO.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 645

Post#147 » by Galou » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:31 pm

I like it

Time to get rid of Fournier yo
F$+*k the Nets.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,596

Post#148 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:34 pm

Galou wrote:I like it

Fournier straight up for McDermott makes so much sense for both teams. Maybe we can add one of the gazzlion seconds we have to make it happen.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 645

Post#149 » by Galou » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:43 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Galou wrote:I like it

Fournier straight up for McDermott makes so much sense for both teams. Maybe we can add one of the gazzlion seconds we have to make it happen.

I'll take it but McDermott asking price better be cheap. I liked that dunk on Jericho Sims a couple of months back when the Spurs played the Knicks.
F$+*k the Nets.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,727

Post#150 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:46 pm

RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Oscirus wrote:IQ's ****?

I'm less sure IQ is "nice" at 20 million per, even with cap/cba salary inflation.

Read on Twitter

He dropped 38 on the Celts ..in one of the best wins of the year. As a starter he dropped 22ppgs . He almost won 6th man of the year...and he's 23.

But hey we got this shiny new redheaded roleplayer who played at Villanova and can play some defense....

Every player on the Knicks, to the FO, outside of Brunson and Randle, is expendable in the right situation. To them.
I'd be ok putting Randle on that list, but they won't.

Whatever IQ is, there comes a point where it might not be the best idea to pay him.

Or they do and they move RJ. With Hart and Donte D, one of the attributes that Thibs talks positively about him, his ability to attack the rim, is less important. Then maybe they move RJ and keep IQ.

I'm just talking about what the FO might do. I don't think Donte D is some awesome player. I think he's a good player on a decent deal.

Of course, since it's this forum, every position has to be taken out of proportion, everything has to be a hill to die on.

Everyone wants the team to "get better" but collectively, there isn't a single f*cking player anyone would want to move.

Randle - oh noes, his fans think it's a bad idea.
Obi out - lordy, what to do! He was great! F*ck Randle
RJ - It's stupid to trade him. Others - f*ck RJ, he's inefficient!
IQ - He's the BEST!
Grimes - No, Grimes is. Screw IQ.
Never sign a FA. Have to use picks! Never sign a role player unless you a top 5 player!
Used picks to get Brunson and Hart. My heart. Pearl clutching commences.
OMG! The Knicks lack height now! Yeah, no sh*t.

Has the FO been perfect? No. Have they even been good? Debatable. Maybe ok.
There are moves worth criticizing, but then the entire sum of everything has to be called into question.

Knicks have gone from a no options 30 win team to at least a 40's win team with some options but at least RealGM Knicks never changes. It's the same arguments all the time, for 20 years.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#151 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:47 pm

RHODEY wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
blueNorange wrote:if you like hart, you can’t say divichenzo is bad

they’re literally the same

That's partially why it's meh. We do not need Divincenzo and he is not adding anything we don't currently have with better players.

They still gotta trade Fournier so let's see what we get in that deal but as it stands right now, I think we got worse swapping Obi for DV and some East teams got deeper and a little better.

I was saying the same and Hart is better way more impactful IMO.

But the Knicks burned a first rounder for Hart! They could have drafted a cheap guy!
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#152 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:48 pm

RHODEY wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

the red headed step child thinks the math works out where the knicks are going after paul george with rj & evan going to the clippers

I could deal with that..we keep IQ and Grimes..finally get that prototypical wing and balance out the roster. PG13 better stay healthy and lay of the strippers.

I'd be more for it if Paul George wasn't 33 years old with cartilage like overcooked spaghetti.
Ma10
Senior
And1: 630

Post#153 » by Ma10 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:05 pm

When we are talking about former villanova players. What exactly happened to Eric Pascall, he was kinda good the first 2 years.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#154 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:08 pm

If IQ is so good, and he just might be, then the play is to move RJ in the right deal, because IQ has started off as a better shooter and projects as one in the future. He's already a better defender, other than height considerations.

Oh wait, I know this isn't right. You can't trade anyone on the team, because they are all great or loved by someone, so keep everyone and pay them a lot when it's time.

Then the Knicks run back the entire team minus Rose and Obi but add Donte D and everyone has a sh*t fit.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,496

Post#155 » by WargamesX » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:If IQ is so good, and he just might be, then the play is to move RJ in the right deal, because IQ has started off as a better shooter and projects as one in the future. He's already a better defender, other than height considerations.

Oh wait, I know this isn't right. You can't trade anyone on the team, because they are all great or loved by someone, so keep everyone and pay them a lot when it's time.

Then the Knicks run back the entire team minus Rose and Obi but add Donte D and everyone has a sh*t fit.

I didn’t have a **** fit, and I am prone to them…. In fact as **** fits go I think this has been muted.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,528

Post#156 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:22 pm

RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Oscirus wrote:IQ's ****?

Read on Twitter

Word.

I'm think the team will not extend IQ this year and wait for offers next season since IQ is restricted. IQ is a riser and should not be thrown in just like a pair of old socks, some Knicks' f are just dumb.
Stop All Genocides
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#157 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:24 pm

WargamesX wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:If IQ is so good, and he just might be, then the play is to move RJ in the right deal, because IQ has started off as a better shooter and projects as one in the future. He's already a better defender, other than height considerations.

I didn’t have a **** fit, and I am prone to them…. In fact as **** fits go I think this has been muted.

Don't worry, the collective meltdown is building.

Just need for the Knicks to not make any other moves.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#158 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:28 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Read on Twitter

Word.

I'm think the team will not extend IQ this year and wait for offers next season since IQ is restricted. IQ is a riser and should not be thrown in just like a pair of old socks, some Knicks' f are just dumb.

Who the f*ck on here has said that? Not me.

The statements are usually that he'll be used as part of a larger deal.

I mean, for f*cks sake, it's process of elimation.

It's not Hart, they just used a pick to get him. It's not Donte, they just signed him, though he could go out in a year.
It's likely not to be Grimes, since he has a year of control left, but it could be. It's more likely to be RJ or IQ, because they are good, RJ's salary, and IQ's potential salary if they S&T.

Oh, and that the FO seems committed to Randle, regardless of how fans feel about it good or bad.

Oh wait, I know. The Knicks will magically get better and acquire a top 25 player by trading nothing.

I'd keep IQ over RJ, personally. Might be the right move, could be dead wrong. No one on here really knows if this correct either.
They sure can take a stance about it, hope to be right, and then either get to talk sh*t about it or defend/deflect after. :D

Anyway, the only player that matter is Tobias Harris.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,528

Post#159 » by Zenzibar » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Read on Twitter

Word.

Who the f*ck on here has said that? Not me.

The statements are usually that he'll be used as part of a larger deal.

I mean, for f*cks sake, it's process of elimation.

It's not Hart, they just used a pick to get him. It's not Donte, they just signed him, though he could go out in a year.
It's likely not to be Grimes, since he has a year of control left, but it could be. It's more likely to be RJ or IQ, because they are good, RJ's salary, and IQ's potential salary if they S&T.

Oh, and that the FO seems committed to Randle, regardless of how fans feel about it good or bad.

Oh wait, I know. The Knicks will magically get better and acquire a top 25 player by trading nothing.

I'd keep IQ over RJ, personally. Might be the right move, could be dead wrong. No one on here really knows if this correct either.
They sure can take a stance about it, hope to be right, and then either get to talk sh*t about it or defend/deflect after. :D

Anyway, the only player that matter is Tobias Harris.

Don't be self-conscious my guy, I wasn't pointing at any particular posts. :lol:
Stop All Genocides
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,052

Post#160 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 2, 2023 6:37 pm

I'm fine with that. Packaging RJ and keeping IQ retains an elite defender.

I want a # 1 Defensive team and IQ helps with that.

It would allow us to play more small ball 3 guard rotations if we have that level of defense on the floor as long as we have stoppers in the paint backing us up.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks