ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

The Vo Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 

Post#41 » by The Vo Show » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:56 pm

8516knicks wrote:Some people on here touted UK's Ty Ty Washington a while back. NBA just said bye-bye to TY TY - WAIVED. :o

Read an article stating that OKC and Houston's stock pile of picks is creating a secondary market for rookies/sophmores they need to cut. This leads to other teams who are short on picks to take a flyer on them for relatively cheap. Might be an interesting strategy not to trade with these teams and just wait for them to have to cut 3 guys every year and sign those guys.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,528

Post#42 » by Zenzibar » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:43 pm

As per RGM:

PJ Washington and the Charlotte Hornets have agreed to a three-year, $48 million deal.

Washington has been a restricted free agent this offseason and the Hornets were widely expected to match any reasonable offer sheet with a rival team.

Washington averaged 15.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 73 games last season

This signing is a good starting point between the FO and IQ's extention negotiations.
PJ's numerical impact look similar to IQ's. Therefore, my feeling is that the Knicks and IQ will come to a long term contract in the $20m per yr mark.

The front office's desire to make a run @ the Finals with tweaks to our young core is unusual for the Knicks' previous organizations and very fun to witness.
Stop All Genocides
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,397

Post#43 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:00 am

Zenzibar wrote:As per RGM:

PJ Washington and the Charlotte Hornets have agreed to a three-year, $48 million deal.

Washington has been a restricted free agent this offseason and the Hornets were widely expected to match any reasonable offer sheet with a rival team.

Washington averaged 15.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 73 games last season

This signing is a good starting point between the FO and IQ's extention negotiations.
PJ's numerical impact look similar to IQ's. Therefore, my feeling is that the Knicks and IQ will come to a long term contract in the $20m per yr mark.

The front office's desire to make a run @ the Finals with tweaks to our young core is unusual for the Knicks' previous organizations and very fun to witness.

90/4 is what I'd bet. But I'd have a side gamble on something a little bigger.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,496

Post#44 » by WargamesX » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:39 pm

The Vo Show wrote:
8516knicks wrote:Some people on here touted UK's Ty Ty Washington a while back. NBA just said bye-bye to TY TY - WAIVED. :o

Read an article stating that OKC and Houston's stock pile of picks is creating a secondary market for rookies/sophmores they need to cut. This leads to other teams who are short on picks to take a flyer on them for relatively cheap. Might be an interesting strategy not to trade with these teams and just wait for them to have to cut 3 guys every year and sign those guys.

That’s how they essentially added Roby.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#45 » by dukeknicksirish » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:13 pm

Can we just skip to 2025 draft?

Cooper Flagg, Ace Bailey, Dylan Harper… ooooooohweee now we’re talkin
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,556

Post#46 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Grinnell College has led the nation in scoring the last 10 years. In one game, they took ZERO 2-pointers. They shot 111 3s in that game. The number of school records based on 3s is insane.

So boring. I was watching a game from back in the day featuring Ray Allen in his rookie year VS the Iverson lead 76er's. I found myself watching almost the whole game it was so entertaining because of the diversity on offense. I was like dayumm ball used to be so much fun to watch.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,122

Post#47 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:52 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Grinnell College has led the nation in scoring the last 10 years. In one game, they took ZERO 2-pointers. They shot 111 3s in that game. The number of school records based on 3s is insane.

So boring. I was watching a game from back in the day featuring Ray Allen in his rookie year VS the Iverson lead 76er's. I found myself watching almost the whole game it was so entertaining because of the diversity on offense. I was like dayumm ball used to be so much fun to watch.

Funny you say this because I was just thinking the same thing today (though I had forgotten about this video). We've had the NBA discussing a 4-point shot. I miss the more methodical play of the half court game. Running from one 3 point line to the other and jacking up the first open 3 doesn't feel like basketball anymore.
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#48 » by 8516knicks » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Funny you say this because I was just thinking the same thing today (though I had forgotten about this video). We've had the NBA discussing a 4-point shot. I miss the more methodical play of the half court game. Running from one 3 point line to the other and jacking up the first open 3 doesn't feel like basketball anymore.

Say they removed the 3pt shot but put in a 5pt 40 ft shot (roughly 5 ft inside the halfcourt) - how long would it be before someone shot 25% on reasonable volume?
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#49 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Agreed. All the rule changes make it a poor choice to go for 2. The "freedom of movement"stuff is a complete game changer.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#50 » by 8516knicks » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Found today in a new SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN article: "Moreover, we can understand the science of serendipitous streaks and still marvel at the fact that Curry made 105 consecutive three-point practice shots." 105 STRAIGHT!!! :o :o :o
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#51 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:25 pm

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Found today in a new SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN article: "Moreover, we can understand the science of serendipitous streaks and still marvel at the fact that Curry made 105 consecutive three-point practice shots." 105 STRAIGHT!!! :o :o :o

Ridiculous
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,727

Post#52 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 3, 2023 8:46 pm

Get ready for your disappointmnet! Which of your favorite selections don't get drafted by the Knicks when they trade the pick?

If they keep the pick, which bad pick will they make?!

WargamesX
General Manager

Post#53 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:30 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Get ready for your disappointmnet! Which of your favorite selections don't get drafted by the Knicks when they trade the pick?

I’ve been conditioned to expect nothing but pain come draft day with this current regime :nonono:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,846

Post#54 » by DaGawd » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:31 am

if the mythical super star trade arises.. kiss any and all y’all targets goodbye.. hell maybe have to do that even without it lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#55 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:34 am

DaGawd wrote:if the mythical super star trade arises.. kiss any and all y’all targets goodbye.. hell maybe have to do that even without it lol

I think they move the Mavs regardless and maybe their own 2025 for a high end forward. On the low there are more ways than one to go over the second apron and getting that superstar is just one of them.

Also our own 2024 pick can’t be traded until after being drafted so watch them trade it for protected picks from someone else on draft night.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,428

Post#56 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Oct 4, 2023 2:36 am

The only draft we are gonna get is if a window is open on a windy June 24th!!
:beer: RIP mags
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,186

Post#57 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 4, 2023 7:37 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:The only draft we are gonna get is if a window is open on a windy June 24th!!

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,704

Post#58 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sun Oct 8, 2023 3:41 pm

WargamesX wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Get ready for your disappointmnet! Which of your favorite selections don't get drafted by the Knicks when they trade the pick?

I’ve been conditioned to expect nothing but pain come draft day with this current regime :nonono:

Yeah, it is both a pain and scar. I hope we get to draft 1 good player in the next draft. Nothing wrong with developing for the future, not to mention a star trade will leave us thinner. At least we have, dare I say, a very very good team on our hands. *

* - I said that about the NY Giants too.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#59 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:20 am

I deem this thread OBSOLETE!

Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#60 » by 8516knicks » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:59 pm