ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,590

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 

Post#61 » by j4remi » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:04 pm

DaGawd wrote:if the mythical super star trade arises.. kiss any and all y’all targets goodbye.. hell maybe have to do that even without it lol

If it doesn't arise, kiss those targets goodbye when Rose trades them for a future 1st and a second-round pick.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,735

Post#62 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:17 pm

I will not allow myself to be suckered into thinking we will draft anyone. This front office looks at the draft like they've got a dynasty on their hands and can't afford to bring in young guys who need time. Meanwhile, the actual champion Nuggets covet their draft picks.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,482

Post#63 » by DOT » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I will not allow myself to be suckered into thinking we will draft anyone. This front office looks at the draft like they've got a dynasty on their hands and can't afford to bring in young guys who need time. Meanwhile, the actual champion Nuggets covet their draft picks.

And when they do draft in the 1st, it's older, complementary guys

Which is why people are kidding themselves saying we would've taken Cam Whitmore if we kept the Dallas pick, if we took anyone it was gonna be Kris Murray or Jaime Jaquez.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,011

Post#64 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:49 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I will not allow myself to be suckered into thinking we will draft anyone. This front office looks at the draft like they've got a dynasty on their hands and can't afford to bring in young guys who need time. Meanwhile, the actual champion Nuggets covet their draft picks.

This seems like a good place to jump in and point out the nuggets traded bones hyland for 2 seconds because they said he’s a me-first chucker who sucks on defense so there’s no place for him, I’m paraphrasing but that’s actually what they said. And they won the championship! Glad the Knicks make similar moves to championship teams and got the same value for a similar type of player

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273285/Nuggets-Traded-Bones-Hyland-Because-Of-Defense
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#65 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:53 pm

also I’m glad we drafted IQ instead
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#66 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:19 pm

robillionaire wrote:

This seems like a good place to jump in and point out the nuggets traded bones hyland for 2 seconds because they said he’s a me-first chucker who sucks on defense so there’s no place for him, I’m paraphrasing but that’s actually what they said. And they won the championship! Glad the Knicks make similar moves to championship teams and got the same value for a similar type of player

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273285/Nuggets-Traded-Bones-Hyland-Because-Of-Defense

Hyland was the 26th pick
Obi was the 8th pick

They got the same return on their late first as we did on our lottery pick and didn't pass up drafting Haliburton either. They just signed their 2020 pick Zeke Nnjai to an extension despite him being behind Jokic and Gordon, while the Knicks signed DDV just in case they trade IQ. They also drafted 3 guys this year who will figure into their rotation, a year after putting a rookie on the floor in playoff games and the finals. You tried and failed, thanks for playing.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#67 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:34 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Hyland was the 26th pick
Obi was the 8th pick

They got the same return on their late first as we did on our lottery pick and didn't pass up drafting Haliburton either. They just signed their 2020 pick Zeke Nnjai to an extension despite him being behind Jokic and Gordon, while the Knicks signed DDV just in case they trade IQ. They also drafted 3 guys this year who will figure into their rotation, a year after putting a rookie on the floor in playoff games and the finals. You tried and failed, thanks for playing.

After 3 years nobody cares where you were drafted so I don’t see the significance other than to point out one was a more massive bust than the other one
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#68 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:58 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Hyland was the 26th pick
Obi was the 8th pick

After 3 years nobody cares where you were drafted so I don’t see the significance other than to point out one was a more massive bust than the other one

Robpublican fake news.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#69 » by robillionaire » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:51 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Hyland was the 26th pick
Obi was the 8th pick

Robpublican fake news.

It’s true though. Obi is 25 turning 26 this season nobody cares about his draft position at this stage of life other than Knicks fans doing a sunk cost fallacy thing. We have to take the emotional aspect of having selected him 8th years ago out of the equation and look at it through a clear lens. He is some other teams reclamation project. he’s some other teams Emmanuel Mudiay (age 21 when the Knicks got him) or Mario Hezonja (23) or Noah Vonleh (23) Derrick Williams(24) or Trey Burke(25) etc. You don’t typically get much from guys like this and his upside is even lower

Anyway I don’t want to further derail the topic

I actually expect the Knicks to draft a player this year if not two players so I might take a look at some mid to late range options a little more closely this year. Not going overboard with it though.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,702

Post#70 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Robpublican fake news.

It’s true though. Obi is 25 turning 26 this season nobody cares about his draft position at this stage of life other than Knicks fans doing a sunk cost fallacy thing. We have to take the emotional aspect of having selected him 8th years ago out of the equation and look at it through a clear lens. He is some other teams reclamation project. he’s some other teams Emmanuel Mudiay (age 21 when the Knicks got him) or Mario Hezonja (23) or Noah Vonleh (23) Derrick Williams(24) or Trey Burke(25) etc. You don’t typically get much from guys like this and his upside is even lower

Anyway I don’t want to further derail the topic

I actually expect the Knicks to draft a player this year if not two players so I might take a look at some mid to late range options a little more closely this year. Not going overboard with it though.

I really hope you are right re us drafting one or two players this year. Even if we get a star we should still have a pick or two left and it is important to have someone in the pipeline, for both the fans and for the future. There is a reason the draft is so damn exciting. Fans love following a player as they develop. We haven‘t has that in a a couple drafts.

So even though I‘m happy about how good our team has become, it sucks not making draft picks when we are not competing for a championship (but even then…) This is entertainment at the end of the day, and a big distraction.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,242

Post#71 » by Kampuchea » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:02 pm

Right now the Knicks have a chance for 6 picks, 4 in the 1st round. In reality, they will get 2-3 of those firsts

Knicks pick
Dallas if 10+, we should get this one
Washington if 13+, will be close
Det if 19+, NGTH

2nd round picks from Utah & Det

Washington will be right at the level where we may get their pick.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,886

Post#72 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:02 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Right now the Knicks have a chance for 6 picks, 4 in the 1st round. In reality, they will get 2-3 of those firsts

Knicks pick
Dallas if 10+, we should get this one
Washington if 13+, will be close
Det if 19+, NGTH

2nd round picks from Utah & Det

Washington will be right at the level where we may get their pick.

Each of them will be traded for two future 2nd round picks
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#73 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:27 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Hyland was the 26th pick
Obi was the 8th pick

Robpublican fake news.

To be fair, we got more usage out of Toppin than anyone has gotten from Bones and currently Obi is a starter for a >.500 team.

Did we trade him at a sizeable discount? I think so.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,503

Post#74 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:31 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we did utilize the draft. We didn't have much in the way of open roster spaces coming out of last season and into this year. Next year we have a bunch and not a lot of free agent money.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#75 » by 8516knicks » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:15 pm

In before we trade the pick:

Multiple bad news :nonono: :noway: :nonono: :noway: :banghead:

- first, most sites don't credit the Randle off year melt down and still have us picking #14 to end of first round. Second, on tankathon it's hard to avoid this guy (in picks 4 thru 8 he seems to follow us) Alexnder Sarr - a 7'1" big man with a true shooting percentage of .509. Just what we need, another Sims.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,496

Post#76 » by WargamesX » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:23 am

I think the Knicks get two first rounders and 3 2nd rounders this year. I can see them doing what they do every year and try to find guys who have shown they are NBA ready, and trade some of their picks for other assets.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,482

Post#77 » by DOT » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:10 pm

I've seen 5 minutes of college ball this year

I'm calling it, Stephon Castle is gonna be great.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 592

Post#78 » by donkki » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:53 am

Alexandre Sarr would be exactly what the Knicks need to add from the draft, but I assume he would end up being a top3 pick and therefore gone before the Knicks get to select. Maybe the Knicks can somehow move up in the draft to take him and make him the new 2024 version of Marcus Camby.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,496

Post#79 » by WargamesX » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:37 pm

I like Mgbako, He is a combo forward, can shoot the 3 reliably, create a little for himself so its not a liability, and can defend multiple positions. He got arrested for some BS, but he is being coached by woodson who doesn't care as long as a player comes to play.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,503

Post#80 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:30 pm

WargamesX wrote:I like Mgbako, He is a combo forward, can shoot the 3 reliably, create a little for himself so its not a liability, and can defend multiple positions. He got arrested for some BS, but he is being coached by woodson who doesn't care as long as a player comes to play.

He's a guy that immediately jumped out to me, which means he's probably gonna rise to where we can't pick him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks