ImageImageImageImageImage

Immanuel Quickley Appreciation Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,294

Re: Immanuel Quickley Appreciation Thread 

Post#101 » by sol537 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Poetl, Barnes @ PF, RJ at SF, IQ at SG... it's not a terrible starting line-up but all four of those guys have to keep improving.

Then, to bring it all together, they need a stud 6'5 or taller PG, which isn't easy to find. Until they find that piece, they will be a play-in type team for the foreseeable future.

IQ is not a full-time starting PG... at least not on a legit contender.
Statistician MK
Junior
And1: 426

Post#102 » by Statistician MK » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:Yup his PER is actually down with the Raps.

Actually he has a different role now... You can't ignore that fact...
His PER in points went from 22.5 to 19.3, but his PER in rebounds went up, from 3.8 to 5.0, and his PER in assists went up from 3.7 to 7.0!
We all have different opinions, and that is one thing that makes this forum great.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,998

Post#103 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:16 pm

sol537 wrote:Poetl, Barnes @ PF, RJ at SF, IQ at SG... it's not a terrible starting line-up but all four of those guys have to keep improving.

Then, to bring it all together, they need a stud 6'5 or taller PG, which isn't easy to find. Until they find that piece, they will be a play-in type team for the foreseeable future.

IQ is not a full-time starting PG... at least not on a legit contender.

I think IQ has the potential to be a full-time starting PG. He had 18 assists the other night and his playmaking continues to get better.

With that being said, the plan is to have him and Barnes split the primary ball-handling duties. We'll usually start with IQ at the 1 and Barnes at the 4, but Barnes typically checks back in as the starting PG after getting his first rest.

I think it can work. Barnes is a really gifted passer/playmaker.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,402

Post#104 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:26 pm

i wonder if raptors fans would like it if we started posting precious's numbers here on their board
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,182

Post#105 » by KnicksGod » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:32 pm

He’s hitting his shots and distributing better. He still misses bad drives and had a key turnover. Also he was acting kind of weirdly with the crowd in a game that was not like a big game or a hard opponent. The last thing is not a big deal I guess but while a good guy, I do question his toughness somewhat.

FOR ME, he’s not someone I’ll pine over but his stats are very productive now.

Worse Garland sounds right but FVV won playoff games, big ones, with shooting. I am not at all confident he’s like that.

Productive and good player. Super sub maybe but even subs have to try and make tough passes and a lack of explosion will always be a factor.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,401

Post#106 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 pm

His playoff numbers were abysmal and all his numbers are looked through those lenses
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,532

Post#107 » by Capn'O » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 pm

Statistician MK wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Yup his PER is actually down with the Raps.

Actually he has a different role now... You can't ignore that fact...
His PER in points went from 22.5 to 19.3, but his PER in rebounds went up, from 3.8 to 5.0, and his PER in assists went up from 3.7 to 7.0!

I addressed role directly in the portion of my post that you snipped :wink:

Also, PER is not per 36 minutes. It's a catchall stat that measures total statistical production and normalizes for minutes played. It has limitations for player comps but generally gives a better guide then raw stats.

In any event, my point isn't to talk down what Quick has done for you but to highlight that he was better for us than you realize.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,151

Post#108 » by ItsDanger » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 pm

Raps fan, I see IQ as a 2 level scorer that struggles scoring going left on shots/drives. Really an undersized combo guard that has yet to excel in getting teammates easier shots or consistently get them in their spots.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Post#109 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i wonder if raptors fans would like it if we started posting precious's numbers here on their board

Precious on top of OG makes this deal a win from the Knicks side imo (if we keep Precious on top of OG, which I hope we are)
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 15,957

Post#110 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:28 am

3toheadmelo wrote:i wonder if raptors fans would like it if we started posting precious's numbers here on their board

We have been lol

they locked the thread a few weeks ago
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,402

Post#111 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:32 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

We have been lol

no wonder these mfs trying to get revenge and posting stats here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,887

Post#112 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:47 am

I was doing that. They locked the Precious appreciation thread. Now I post in the permanent former Raptors thread. Some don't like it, and don't think he's doing anything they haven't seen before
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 41,707

Post#113 » by Guano » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:56 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

We have been lol

no wonder these mfs trying to get revenge and posting stats here

I remember seeing some of their post in the trade thread talking sht about precious. sad that they hate to see their ex-players thrive in different scenarios. unlike us we are just happy that rj is putting up empty stats on a loser team. guess we are just better fans.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,310

Post#114 » by aq_ua » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:14 am

ItsDanger wrote:Raps fan, I see IQ as a 2 level scorer that struggles scoring going left on shots/drives. Really an undersized combo guard that has yet to excel in getting teammates easier shots or consistently get them in their spots.

IQ really does well when he's focused on creating his own offense and less "distracted" by playmaking for others. Playmaking is probably not a natural role for IQ, so he ends up overthinking and being less productive. Given his expanded role and higher minutes on a faster paced team, I would've expected to see more 30+ point bursts from IQ. He might ultimately be destined back to that super-sub role but still play 30+ mpg.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,716

Post#115 » by nedleeds » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:28 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,147

Post#116 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:22 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:His playoff numbers were abysmal and all his numbers are looked through those lenses

He's still young and growing/maturing. He'll be fine.
Free Palestine
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,024

Post#117 » by knicks94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:55 am

The Raptors got a guy who shows up in the regular season, but disappears in the playoffs and a guy who doesn't show up until the playoffs.

Return to New York Knicks