ImageImageImageImageImage

Immanuel Quickley Appreciation Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,031

Re: Immanuel Quickley Appreciation Thread 

Post#21 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Quick is awesome and he’s going to blow up with more opportunities. That game against Boston was his masterclass and I’ll never forget it.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#22 » by cgf » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Said it in the RJ thread, but really sucks to see these two kids leave. Not just all of the penetration & FTs we're losing on the court, but both were good kids that you knew were going to put in the work.

It hurts that they're gone, but I can't help but wish both of them well...I'll probably end up watching a lot more Toronto games now than I would have; luckily Scottie Barnes is a lot of fun lol
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,399

Post#23 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:07 pm

good luck IQ. our best draft pick in years
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,174

Post#24 » by X-Man Cometh » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:09 pm

This one really sucks.

I don’t know if we would be able to give him the bigger role (or the money) he deserved moving forward, but this has the potential to be the Brunson situation reversed.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#25 » by ctorres » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:17 pm

edgehead411 wrote:Raptors fan checking in - really excited about this deal. Think its a win-win for both.

Haven't had a chance to see much of IQ. What is the good, bad and the ugly with him?

Man there's not much bad or ugly to him. Hard for him to get into a rhythm when he is not getting a consistent 30+ mpg.

You got a legit two way player. Give him touches and minutes, and you'll have an allstar.

Knicks might regret this deal if Quickley turns out to be a better player than Brunson and leads the Raptors to a better record or beats the Knicks in a playoff series.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,932

Post#26 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:35 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Probably the one draft pick we’ve had in the past few years who improved the most, played a two way game, was willing to play tough defense and rebound.

It's tough watching my favorite player go, but I am happy he will have better opportunities ahead.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,932

Post#27 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:37 pm

ctorres wrote:
edgehead411 wrote:Raptors fan checking in - really excited about this deal. Think its a win-win for both.

Haven't had a chance to see much of IQ. What is the good, bad and the ugly with him?

Man there's not much bad or ugly to him. Hard for him to get into a rhythm when he is not getting a consistent 30+ mpg.

You got a legit two way player. Give him touches and minutes, and you'll have an allstar.

Knicks might regret this deal if Quickley turns out to be a better player than Brunson and leads the Raptors to a better record or beats the Knicks in a playoff series.

Quick really isn't a point guard. He is a scoring guard. You can tell when he is looking to pass and when he is looking for his offense. He does not do a great job at reading the situation and taking what the situation offers. Excellent at what he does though.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#28 » by Knick4Real » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 pm

This one stung a little!

IQ was the heart and soul of this team. Immediate energy whenever he entered a game. Still, this is a BUSINESS and winning is better than an emotional connection. All the best to you, Quick. Onward and upward!!

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,258

Post#29 » by SelbyCobra » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:56 pm

Loved this kid from the second he was picked. Really sad to see him go - he earned every dollar and every bit of respect he has since coming into the league. Was efficient right out the gate, got better every year, played both ends with savvy and intelligence. His tenure was hampered only by a player his size being on the same team as Jalen Brunson.

While it may not work out this way, I can see a very real path to Quickley/Brunson being to the Knicks what Brunson/Luka ended up being to the Mavericks. Which would be way too coincidental and upsetting for me.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,823

Post#30 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 pm

IQ brought some magic with the bench and had some insane metrics. Can he do more with a starting gig and a bigger role? Guess we will find out in Toronto . A shame the Knicks couldn’t find out here. Knicks will be kicking themselves if he can break out.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,376

Post#31 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:17 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
ctorres wrote:

Quick really isn't a point guard. He is a scoring guard. You can tell when he is looking to pass and when he is looking for his offense. He does not do a great job at reading the situation and taking what the situation offers. Excellent at what he does though.

With Barnes handing some of the PG duties, I think Quick is a better fit in Toronto. He wasn't a great fit here though he was a fun 6th man and nearly won the 6thMOTY last year.

Barrett is more of a head-scratcher. Had the tools but struggled to put it together, though he had his moments. This trade could work out great for Toronto. Quick alone is a good return and might be almost equal to OG. Barrett, if he can figure things out, and maybe the new team will help him do that, this could be a great return for Toronto.

The Knicks are more balanced, but might have lost some offense in exchange for defense. Knicks gave up a pick too. Does anyone know which 2nd rounder they gave up? The Detroit 2nd rounder is practically a first round pick, if that was the pick.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,069

Post#32 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:17 am

ImageImageImage
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#33 » by 8516knicks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:27 am

I think he was the first indication the current FO had a clue about something. Will always remember his fill in for Brunson 43 game. Good Luck IQ.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#34 » by 8516knicks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:28 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
ctorres wrote:

With Barnes handing some of the PG duties, I think Quick is a better fit in Toronto. He wasn't a great fit here though he was a fun 6th man and nearly won the 6thMOTY last year.

Barrett is more of a head-scratcher. Had the tools but struggled to put it together, though he had his moments. This trade could work out great for Toronto. Quick alone is a good return and might be almost equal to OG. Barrett, if he can figure things out, and maybe the new team will help him do that, this could be a great return for Toronto.

The Knicks are more balanced, but might have lost some offense in exchange for defense. Knicks gave up a pick too. Does anyone know which 2nd rounder they gave up? The Detroit 2nd rounder is practically a first round pick, if that was the pick.

Detroit 2nd rounder. Roughly the same draft position Brunson went. So potentially good for them.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,772

Post#35 » by dakomish23 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:42 am

Idk if he’s a long term starter or perennial 6th MOY candidate. We never gave it a long enough shot to find out before Brunson (only started 6 games before last year). But last year when he did start in 21 games:

22.6 PPG 5.4 RPG 5.1 APG 1.1 SPG
46.9% on 16.8 FGA
40.1% on 8.0 3PA
84.6% on 4.3 FTA

It doesn’t matter either way. He’s impactful & can play with pretty much anyone. Go look up 2 man lineups and sort by net rating. Had a good net rating with everyone who mattered.

Expecting great things for him whether he stays in TOR or if he moves on. He’s getting paid
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,376

Post#36 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:18 am

8516knicks wrote:

Detroit 2nd rounder. Roughly the same draft position Brunson went. So potentially good for them.

Thanks. Yeah, I found that out after I posted. 2024 is supposed to be a deep draft too, makes me kind of hope NYK keeps their picks, which they probably won't.

OG is a good player, better than Barrett. Get Mitch back next year and make another move and they could be fun next year. Maybe they make another move this year. . . maybe not. But I almost hope they wait for the draft and see who they can pick.

I think Toronto won the trade. I get it from NY's point of view. Quick and Brunson were too alike and on the court together, too small. Quick was going to ask for 25 million a year, so OG is actually going to be cheaper than Quick + Barrett.

I don't dislike the trade for NY, but I like it more for Toronto.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 534

Post#37 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:40 am

Great regular season player who made the season fun again. Competed for 6MOY last year and would probably be in the running again this year. Big spark plug on both offense and defense when he has it going.

Unfortunately he was one of the biggest playoff underperformers so I am fine with moving him. I just wish we got a better player in return.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,866

Post#38 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:53 am

He will now become better than Maxey.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,772

Post#39 » by dakomish23 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:56 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:He will now become better than Maxey.

Thx for the reminder
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,427
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#40 » by BKlutch » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:01 pm

i'll never forget how drafting IQ got us a D+ rating from CBS Sports. He certainly proved them wrong and became a really good Knick. I know he's going to have a good career, but sometimes a good player gets traded because of the fit or the $ in the contract. We need to spend our cap on the combination of players that will work out best, and maybe Brunson made spending that amount IQ deserves impossible for us. So I really wish him all the best - hope he as a great career as a starter - even hope he's the best guard in the league, except for when he plays against us.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks