ImageImageImageImageImage

OG Anunoby Traded to Knicks, Part 2

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,401

Re: OG Anunoby Traded to Knicks, Part 2 

Post#501 » by stuporman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:02 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:I knew that Masai was going to trade Siakam but I'm surpised at how badly that team has looked even before he did. They won 4 games in a row after the trade with the pieces they got in the trade but it rapidly deteriorated after that. Or maybe they are doing a masterful tank job.

Quickley began to show why he still needs to develop more as a full time point guard because being a bench spark scorer means you can have off nights and not tank the whole team but as the every game offensive engine as the PG that won't work.

RJ has always been able to get decent looking counting stats and after a few games with the Raptors it may have looked like a system change would reveal he wasn't inefficient as he was with the Knicks. Of course, then some more games actually revealed he's the same streaky player that gets decent counting stats.

Since their pick is top 6 protected, or it goes to SAS it might be they rather just bottom out and keep it, but none of their young 'core' players have been looking all that impressive. All the clamoring about their perfect fit it's looked rather awkward at times but I guess there's plenty of time for them to gel.

It's going to take a few years to see how much of a 'win' this win-win trade is for the Raptors and to be quite honest, it will take a few years to see how much of a win for the Knicks it has been as well. If they don't go on deep playoff runs through Brunson's prime then how much of a win is it really?

Their record is what it is, but I think you're being too harsh on our boys. RJ has just kept ripping it up for them. Despite the egg he laid in Utah, he's averaging 21-7-3.5 on 61.5% TS as a raptor. And he's doing it getting to the rim & FT line as his 3pt% has come back down to 36% without tanking his efficiency.

And though Quickley's scoring efficiency has dropped back down to his rookie & sophomore levels, he's creating for his team-mates more than ever before; as he's playing like way more of a traditional PG than he did for us.

If I was being harsh on 'our' boys I'd be saying 'it looks like RJ has reverted to his empty stats, losing impact again' but I didn't, I called him streaky. Are you saying he still isn't streaky?

Even Raptor fans have been commenting on how the team is falling behind in games with him on the floor even though he's still getting his. Of course there are more problems than just him.

IQ is still lacking in the 'code switching' or better said 'role switching' between scorer and facilitator, he either does one of the other and still can't to be able to simultaneously do both.

Although, it's not just them two either. Barnes has quite a bit of skills and abilty but he still looks rather awkward himself in applying those things.

Of course, this is a new group still going through roster changes and gelling as a team, they don't have the verteran leadership and culture to carry them so will experience growing pains.

This is a Knicks forum, not a Raptor forum, I won't fanboy over players who aren't Knicks anymore even if I wish them well...heck, I don't even fanboy over Knicks, I tell it like it is.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,696

Post#502 » by cgf » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:07 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:I knew that Masai was going to trade Siakam but I'm surpised at how badly that team has looked even before he did. They won 4 games in a row after the trade with the pieces they got in the trade but it rapidly deteriorated after that. Or maybe they are doing a masterful tank job.

Quickley began to show why he still needs to develop more as a full time point guard because being a bench spark scorer means you can have off nights and not tank the whole team but as the every game offensive engine as the PG that won't work.

RJ has always been able to get decent looking counting stats and after a few games with the Raptors it may have looked like a system change would reveal he wasn't inefficient as he was with the Knicks. Of course, then some more games actually revealed he's the same streaky player that gets decent counting stats.

Since their pick is top 6 protected, or it goes to SAS it might be they rather just bottom out and keep it, but none of their young 'core' players have been looking all that impressive. All the clamoring about their perfect fit it's looked rather awkward at times but I guess there's plenty of time for them to gel.

It's going to take a few years to see how much of a 'win' this win-win trade is for the Raptors and to be quite honest, it will take a few years to see how much of a win for the Knicks it has been as well. If they don't go on deep playoff runs through Brunson's prime then how much of a win is it really?

Their record is what it is, but I think you're being too harsh on our boys. RJ has just kept ripping it up for them. Despite the egg he laid in Utah, he's averaging 21-7-3.5 on 61.5% TS as a raptor. And he's doing it getting to the rim & FT line as his 3pt% has come back down to 36% without tanking his efficiency.

And though Quickley's scoring efficiency has dropped back down to his rookie & sophomore levels, he's creating for his team-mates more than ever before; as he's playing like way more of a traditional PG than he did for us.

If I was being harsh on 'our' boys I'd be saying 'it looks like RJ has reverted to his empty stats, losing impact again' but I didn't, I called him streaky. Are you saying he still isn't streaky?

Even Raptor fans have been commenting on how the team is falling behind in games with him on the floor even though he's still getting his. Of course there are more problems than just him.

IQ is still lacking in the 'code switching' or better said 'role switching' between scorer and facilitator, he either does one of the other and still can't to be able to simultaneously do both.

Although, it's not just them two either. Barnes has quite a bit of skills and abilty but he still looks rather awkward himself in applying those things.

Of course, this is a new group still going through roster changes and gelling as a team, they don't have the verteran leadership and culture to carry them so will experience growing pains.

This is a Knicks forum, not a Raptor forum, I won't fanboy over players who aren't Knicks anymore even if I wish them well...heck, I don't even fanboy over Knicks, I tell it like it is.

You said he's just good at getting counting stats and then implied his efficiency had reverted to previous levels after those first few games with the raptors...when RJ has continued to be really efficient for them. That's all I was pointing out.

Not saying he's carrying them to victory after victory, because he's not. Or fanboying about anyone because I don't waste my time with that whether they are knicks or not.

Just pointing out that if you really want to tell it like it is, you should start by mentioning that RJ's efficiency has held up for them...so far...despite having an off night in Utah.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
stuporman
RealGM

Post#503 » by stuporman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:37 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

You said he's just good at getting counting stats and then implied his efficiency had reverted to previous levels after those first few games with the raptors...when RJ has continued to be really efficient for them. That's all I was pointing out.

Not saying he's carrying them to victory after victory, because he's not. Or fanboying about anyone because I don't waste my time with that whether they are knicks or not.

Just pointing out that if you really want to tell it like it is, you should start by mentioning that RJ's efficiency has held up for them...so far...despite having an off night in Utah.

Well, that's what happened, after a scorching start he's reverting to something less efficient but more typical of his history. Just because currently, that averages out as more efficient than he was with the Knicks over 4 years of play doesn't mean he's now more consistently efficient, the sample size in Toronto is still way too small because we know that he is....wait for it....streaky! In another 10 games he might be his typical efficiency or possibly even worse, you never know.

It sure does seem like you are fanboying over a comment that isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, its words on an internet forum. No big deal.
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#504 » by cgf » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:23 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Well, that's what happened, after a scorching start he's reverting to something less efficient but more typical of his history. Just because currently, that averages out as more efficient than he was with the Knicks over 4 years of play doesn't mean he's now more consistently efficient, the sample size in Toronto is still way too small because we know that he is....wait for it....streaky! In another 10 games he might be his typical efficiency or possibly even worse, you never know.

It sure does seem like you are fanboying over a comment that isn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things, its words on an internet forum. No big deal.

Nah, he was pretty tame his first few games...19, 14, & 14, pts...it's the 10 games since then that he's only fallen short of 20pts twice; 4 & 17pts. The only games that really stand out have been the 37pts against GSW in his 4th game, and the 4pt game. I certainly expect RJ to be streakier as the sample size grows, but he hasn't been...so far.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4395625/rj-barrett

And sorry if correcting your incorrect claims about a player makes me a fanboy, but aren't I already a "Randle fanboy" and isn't that supposed to mean I hate RJ? :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,483

Post#505 » by DOT » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:47 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

Nah, he was pretty tame his first few games...19, 14, & 14, pts...it's the 10 games since then that he's only fallen short of 20pts twice; 4 & 17pts. The only games that really stand out have been the 37pts against GSW in his 4th game, and the 4pt game. I certainly expect RJ to be streakier as the sample size grows, but he hasn't been...so far.

And sorry if correcting your incorrect claims about a player makes me a fanboy, but aren't I already a "Randle fanboy" and isn't that supposed to mean I hate RJ? :lol:

It's just funny to see people declaring victory over a stretch of games where he's been at 55% TS while shooting 14% from 3 and 58% from the line

Like, I know we don't let facts get in the way of narratives, but still. He's ice cold from 3 and from the line, but is still more efficient in this stretch than he has been in any full season

If this is his bad stretch, then he's playing pretty well.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
stuporman
RealGM

Post#506 » by stuporman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:11 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

Nice goalpost move there, too bad you got caught, a more novice internet denizen might not be able to handle such a subtle maneuver.

I was talking about efficiency and that is what the adjective of scorching refers to, then you try to switch it to point totals as if that's what we are talking about...but I wasn't.

Again, nice try but not quite nice enough.

His efficiency has been trending down since his first handful of games with TOR, led by his issues from 3 and FTs. We'll see if it continues or even spreads to his finishing at the rim and drives because we know he's never had a problem with that when playing for the Knicks...right?

Every new dance move you attempt just proves the fanboy in you, again, let it go, it's just an internet comment.
Image?
stuporman
RealGM

Post#507 » by stuporman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:13 pm

DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

It's just funny to see people declaring victory over a stretch of games where he's been at 55% TS while shooting 14% from 3 and 58% from the line

Like, I know we don't let facts get in the way of narratives, but still. He's ice cold from 3 and from the line, but is still more efficient in this stretch than he has been in any full season

If this is his bad stretch, then he's playing pretty well.

:rofl:
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#508 » by cgf » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:00 am

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Nice goalpost move there, too bad you got caught, a more novice internet denizen might not be able to handle such a subtle maneuver.

I was talking about efficiency and that is what the adjective of scorching refers to, then you try to switch it to point totals as if that's what we are talking about...but I wasn't.

His efficiency has been trending down since his first handful of games with TOR, led by his issues from 3 and FTs. We'll see if it continues or even spreads to his finishing at the rim and drives because we know he's never had a problem with that when playing for the Knicks...right?

Every new dance move you attempt just proves the fanboy in you, again, let it go, it's just an internet comment.

So again the pattern you're claiming isn't correct, dunno why you'd rather dig in than admit you just shot from the hip without checking that your assumption was correct, but keep scrambling & deflecting :dontknow:

22pts - 48.9% TS
29pts - 70.3% TS
20pts - 52.7% TS
17pts - 46.7% TS
26pts - 65.9% TS
Total w/o Siakam - 57.0% TS

24pts - 59.1% TS
4pts - 22.2% TS
24pts - 75.0% TS
23pts - 80.3% TS
37pts - 78.7% TS
14pts - 71.7% TS
14pts - 52.6% TS
19pts - 61.2% TS
Total w/ Siakam - 64.3% TS

RJ's efficiency has gone down since Siakam was traded, but he's scored efficiently in 8 games as a raptor and inefficiently in 5, and even since Siakam's departure he's scoring more efficiently than he was for us...TS as a knick this season 53.6%

You don't need to pretend RJ's struggling more than he is just to make yourself feel better about the trade *shrug*

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,114

Post#509 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:10 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,279

Post#510 » by sol537 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:12 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,398

Post#511 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:34 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

its gonna suck if this season ends up being as a "what if randle was healthy" :cry: we finally started to destroy great teams. haven't seen this type of dominance since 2013
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
stuporman
RealGM

Post#512 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:28 am

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

So again the pattern you're claiming isn't correct, dunno why you'd rather dig in than admit you just shot from the hip without checking that your assumption was correct, but keep scrambling & deflecting :dontknow:

22pts - 48.9% TS
29pts - 70.3% TS
20pts - 52.7% TS
17pts - 46.7% TS
26pts - 65.9% TS
Total w/o Siakam - 57.0% TS

24pts - 59.1% TS
4pts - 22.2% TS
24pts - 75.0% TS
23pts - 80.3% TS
37pts - 78.7% TS
14pts - 71.7% TS
14pts - 52.6% TS
19pts - 61.2% TS
Total w/ Siakam - 64.3% TS

RJ's efficiency has gone down since Siakam was traded, but he's scored efficiently in 8 games as a raptor and inefficiently in 5, and even since Siakam's departure he's scoring more efficiently than he was for us...TS as a knick this season 53.6%

You don't need to pretend RJ's struggling more than he is just to make yourself feel better about the trade *shrug*

Go back and reread what I initially said...because it doesn't appear what I actually said and what you believe I said are the same thing. The reason I say that is because what you are trying to argue with me about appears to be based in something that I didn't say.

That you provide stats supporting my initial point, characterize his play the same way as I initially said yet still seem to want to argue something...exactly what I can't quite figure out what that is...suggests you don't actually know what I initially said but instead replaced it with what you believe I said.

:lol:
Image?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,114

Post#513 » by Fat Kat » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,432

Post#514 » by Knicks Byke » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:42 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

its gonna suck if this season ends up being as a "what if randle was healthy" :cry: we finally started to destroy great teams. haven't seen this type of dominance since 2013

its really unfortunate man, why did that **** have to happen bruh.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,769

Post#515 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:50 pm

;list=TLPQMjkwMTIwMjQh19oytLgX-Q&index=6

Enjoy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 774

Post#516 » by nyk2017 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:38 am

What happened to OG? Is he going to need Tommy John surgery?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,398

Post#517 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:36 pm

thanks leon!
Stagnation was an issue prior to Anunoby's arrival in New York. Each of the past two seasons, the Knicks' assist percentage with the Barrett-Brunson-Randle trio on the floor was 55 or lower -- a rate that would have ranked last in the NBA. And while the rate with Brunson, Randle and Anunoby isn't breaking any records, at about 60%, it's a notable uptick that would rank 20th.

"It's two-fold. It's obviously what he brings to the team, but it's also what the guys here are bringing to him," coach Tom Thibodeau said of Anunoby. "How do they complement each other? How do you create advantages? The game tells you what to do. If Jalen's being double-teamed, trust the pass and get to the right spot. Same with Julius. With OG, it's just running the floor, dribble-handoffs, moving into space, off of flare screens. He's moving without the ball great."

Plugging Anunoby, a righty, next to Brunson and Randle has electrified the Knicks, with the club scoring a blistering 128.5 points per 100 possessions -- a rate that would be the NBA's best by far -- and outscoring opponents by 24.5 points per 100 (or by 154 points in a mere 285 minutes together).

Put another way: One month after the trade, swapping Anunoby in for Barrett has yielded a staggering 25-point swing for the Knicks every 100 times down the floor.

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,737

Post#518 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:49 pm

OG's done a great job of elevating the Knicks defense from the bench these last 4 games
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,803

Post#519 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:11 pm

I can’t even read this but I am sure it’s great

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
APE
Junior
And1: 555

Post#520 » by APE » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:17 pm

nyk2017 wrote:What happened to OG? Is he going to need Tommy John surgery?

I don't think they would keep listing him as Questionable if it was that bad, but I'm not a doctor.

Return to New York Knicks