ImageImageImageImageImage

OG Anunoby Traded to Knicks, Part 2

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,400

Re: OG Anunoby Traded to Knicks, Part 2 

Post#561 » by Tron Carter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:35 pm

F N 11 wrote:Told yalll Knicks be lying . Whatever reason they did it, they still lied.

“Minimum” lmao can’t left that slide. I understand journalism. It’s not no damn 3 weeks.

It has nothing to do with “lying”. It’s about the front office maintaining leverage by not leaking out information before the trade deadline.

why would the Knicks want other teams to know OG needed surgery while they’re negotiating deals for players? makes no sense
R.I.P Black Mamba
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,418

Post#562 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:41 pm

Strick wrote:Rest up OG. This is what we got depth for. We will need him, Randle, and Mitch but the trades we made should allow us to ideally not take steps back while we give them plenty of time to recover

I don't see us maintaining the 16-3 pace we were on to date. We are bound to take a step or two backwards but, perhaps we can keep the slide from being too bad. It will be mid to late March before we get everyone back most likely. That's 13-18 games give or take. I am not happy hearing OG had surgery at all. Took 10 days to figure it out? Great medical staff. :o
:beer: RIP mags
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,803

Post#563 » by DaGawd » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:42 pm

F N 11 wrote:Told yalll Knicks be lying . Whatever reason they did it, they still lied.

“Minimum” lmao can’t let that slide. I understand journalism. It’s not no damn 3 weeks.

orrrr its possible they just didn’t know the extent of the injury until they did further evaluation
BaF
Washington Wizards
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,091

Post#564 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:44 pm

Gotta point out that the local beat writers don’t break any news. Begley has a good rep, but he doesn’t know a damn thing. He gets his news from Woj like we do
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,137

Post#565 » by F N 11 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:45 pm

Tron Carter wrote:

“Minimum” lmao can’t left that slide. I understand journalism. It’s not no damn 3 weeks.

It has nothing to do with “lying”. It’s about the front office maintaining leverage by not leaking out information before the trade deadline.

why would the Knicks want other teams to know OG needed surgery while they’re negotiating deals for players? makes no sense

As I mentioned in game thread about trade leverage. I still get skeptical when Knicks say anything….

Whole point is I said Knicks were lying from the start.

You should be worried guys be playing through injuries…

Brunson sit tonight please
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,400

Post#566 » by Tron Carter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 10:50 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

As I mentioned in game thread about trade leverage. I still get skeptical when Knicks say anything….

Brunson sit

again, they weren’t lying. you don’t just opt for immediate surgery with these type of injuries. they took some time to evaluate the issue and see if it could heal before opting for a minimally invasive procedure to ensure he’s 100% for the stretch run.

what would’ve been idiotic would be if the Knicks tried forcing him to play with a nagging injury for the rest of the season
R.I.P Black Mamba
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,163

Post#567 » by aggo » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:30 pm

my preference is that in the offseason we re-sign OG to a flat contract.

4 yr 32m flat or something like that.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 707

Post#568 » by symbiotic » Thu Feb 8, 2024 11:32 pm

Trading Grimes will haunt the Franchise. I could be wrong. I would be livid if Zach Lowe & Magic Johnson weren't praising this strognly, so we would see. Let's see what happens.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,137

Post#569 » by F N 11 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:17 am

Tron Carter wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Brunson sit

again, they weren’t lying. you don’t just opt for immediate surgery with these type of injuries. they took some time to evaluate the issue and see if it could heal before opting for a minimally invasive procedure to ensure he’s 100% for the stretch run.

what would’ve been idiotic would be if the Knicks tried forcing him to play with a nagging injury for the rest of the season

You right Katz agrees

Read on Twitter
?s=46
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,200

Post#570 » by Juco24 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:49 pm

When this trade happened, I was extremely happy because @ the time - I thought Precious (who was viewed as a throw in) was much needed with the absence of Mitch and no real backup PF. I figured OG was better than RJ and hoped Malachi would ease the pain of losing Quickley.

FF... I honestly did not know OG was this good. This guy's help defense is actually better than his on-ball defense and that's saying a LOT. And dude has skillz on offense too!! Other than just shooting 3s.

Don't think anyone can argue this: Precious and OG are better FOR US, than RJ & Quickley. Maybe Tor feels the same. But this trade has ultimately been very good for us
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,521

Post#571 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

Is it overrating OG to say that he has a prime Draymond type of impact on this team?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,363

Post#572 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,272

Post#573 » by sol537 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Juco24 wrote:When this trade happened, I was extremely happy because @ the time - I thought Precious (who was viewed as a throw in) was much needed with the absence of Mitch and no real backup PF. I figured OG was better than RJ and hoped Malachi would ease the pain of losing Quickley.

FF... I honestly did not know OG was this good. This guy's help defense is actually better than his on-ball defense and that's saying a LOT. And dude has skillz on offense too!! Other than just shooting 3s.

Don't think anyone can argue this: Precious and OG are better FOR US, than RJ & Quickley. Maybe Tor feels the same. But this trade has ultimately been very good for us

yup... win win trade so far... can't argue otherwise. Let's see the contracts...
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,799

Post#574 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:01 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

True but that boy RJ hasn't been a slouch either.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,609

Post#575 » by ropjhk » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pm

Nice comeback game for OG. If he stays healthy through the playoffs the Knicks won't miss RJ or Quickly no matter how well they play in Toronto. OG is the best player in the trade and the better fit for the Knicks. He won't be cheap to keep around though.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,480

Post#576 » by DOT » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is some obsessive behavior :lol:

Dude's out here coming through Twitter to find this stuff, I can't imagine actually going through that much effort and then saying you're not actually serious and everyone else is weird for taking you seriously :lol:
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,141

Post#577 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:04 pm

OG Godunoby

He’s out a lot for “injuries” because presiding over the universe takes time

But most of life is still basketball
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,799

Post#578 » by Im Coming Home » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:10 pm

DOT wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude's out here coming through Twitter to find this stuff, I can't imagine actually going through that much effort and then saying you're not actually serious and everyone else is weird for taking you seriously :lol:

:lol: big facts
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,363

Post#579 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 pm

DOT wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure if you know how Twitter works but it actually popped up on my feed. You prob still use Facebook though, seeing how much of a lame you are :lol:
Anyways it’s fun dunking on guys like you who never admit they were wrong. So much for RJ turning into Jaylen Brown. Love seeing you mad all the time lmao
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks