ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 64)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Context
RealGM
And1: 13,590

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1141 » by Context » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:33 pm

El Poochio wrote:Luka had enough of your tweets :D

Read on Twitter

Green wasnt guarding Luka -regardless of the fact that he couldnt anyway...Can anyone guard him El Po? :lol:
I called out Dillion Brooks :nod: not sure if he guarded Luka at anypoint but 47 is shamefull
if you call yourself an elite defender...With the mouth that Dillion has he should have took on the challenge and atleast held Luka to 30 :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This is what excites me the most about Green...his evolved understanding of taking what the defense gives--in this play:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

When you take into consideration that HOF'ers created and/executed a "baked defense for him". I like the way he played...He will build off of this El Po...

Now Dillion on the other hand...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,632

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1142 » by El Poochio » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:26 pm

Context wrote:

Read on Twitter

Green wasnt guarding Luka -regardless of the fact that he couldnt anyway...Can anyone guard him El Po? :lol:
I called out Dillion Brooks :nod: not sure if he guarded Luka at anypoint but 47 is shamefull
if you call yourself an elite defender...With the mouth that Dillion has he should have took on the challenge and atleast held Luka to 30 :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This is what excites me the most about Green...his evolved understanding of taking what the defense gives--in this play:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

When you take into consideration that HOF'ers created and/executed a "baked defense for him". I like the way he played...He will build off of this El Po...

Doesnt matter who is guarding him bro, he will keep finding the weakest link and exploit it over and over again. Green was always going to be a beast, that's why I tried to buy low on him when he was having a rough stretch. He is rewarding your patience. Green and Scottie are a nasty duo going forward

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Context
RealGM

Post#1143 » by Context » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:36 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Context wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Doesnt matter who is guarding him bro, he will keep finding the weakest link and exploit it over and over again. Green was always going to be a beast, that's why I tried to buy low on him when he was having a rough stretch. He is rewarding your patience. Green and Scottie are a nasty duo going forward

Appreciate it bro...It's funny...I never considered moving Green...I was listening because I always listen...My only concern with Greens situation was the "mentorship" and so- when Udoka was hired- I was ecstatic!

As far as Luka...I blew him off as just another euro player- I didn't watch one full mix tape :lol: (terrible; but I did it)
He's fearless, knows how to play this game like a Hof'er...and he knows it...Would love to see him take strengh and conditioning seriously like Bron- just for the sake of the game and his longevity... Congrats on getting him...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1144 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:51 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1145 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM
And1: 39,268

Post#1146 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:24 am

With Brooklyn and Boston both losing, I think my Toronto Raptors have clinched winning the Atlantic Division. But I’ll wait for bish to post the standings/screenshot for confirmation.

But I’m proud of my guys. Especially since all early season projections had GMs nominating Brooklyn as the darlings of the East and the favorites to win our division.

Lots more work to do, but year 1 of the quick rebuild has panned out as I envisioned it.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1147 » by 2010 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:10 am

MILES BRIDGES

TREY MURPHY III

Context
RealGM

Post#1148 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:47 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#1149 » by Context » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
RealGM

Post#1150 » by 2010 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:10 am

The Toronto Raptors beat the Los Angeles Lakers at home at Scotiabank Arena, in Ontario, Canada. The victory nudges their won-loss record to 47-30, as they continue their push for the first 50-win season in franchise history.

Trae Young scored 40 points and Victor Wembanyama chipped in with 21 points, 14 rebounds and 4 blocked shots as the duo proved too much for L.A. to withstand.

With the win, the Raps have clinched their Atlantic Division crown and are moving closer to solidifying their position as the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference with 5 regular season games remaining.

Trae Young
40 PTS | 12-25 FG | 14-15 FT | 4 AST | 4 REB | 1 STL

Victor Wembanyama
21 PTS | 14 REB | 4 BLK

Miles Bridges
12 PTS | 5-7 FG | 7 REB | 1 BLK | 1 STL

RealGM

Post#1151 » by 2010 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:39 am

VICTOR WEMBANYAMA

JARED BUTLER

RUDY GOBERT

Context
RealGM

Post#1152 » by Context » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:49 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#1153 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:31 am

Picked up a good win against the Cavs, looks like we had a furious comeback in the fourth.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,184

Post#1154 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:53 pm

with the last win on the road vs DEN San Antonio has clinched the #1 seed and HC throughout the playoffs.

Its playoff time...time to defend our titles

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM

Post#1155 » by Context » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:19 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I want to give a shout out to Jaden McDaniels. I watch the full game and while Reid(#1 contributor), Anderson, Rudy and Edwards were key contributors to the win- Jaden is the reason Jalen Green didnt get 40 on Minny...He slowed him down...

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
El Poochio

Post#1156 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:with the last win on the road vs DEN San Antonio has clinched the #1 seed and HC throughout the playoffs.

Time to rest?

El Poochio

Post#1157 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:42 pm

Kelllyyyyy

Read on Twitter

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,184

Post#1158 » by mpharris36 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:00 pm

El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:with the last win on the road vs DEN San Antonio has clinched the #1 seed and HC throughout the playoffs.

Time to rest?

I've given it some thought...however I didn't rest players the last two years even after clinching. Now I was playing for 70+ wins those years and the beating 73 wins record. I can't get to that mark this year but for some reason I just might play it out since I'm a creature of habit and too much off time could hurt the squad.

Obviously I run the risk of injury...but it is what it is.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Context
RealGM

Post#1159 » by Context » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:07 pm

Draft picks in the 20s and 30s could take on an increase in value following the move to a two-day draft, sources told ESPN.

Sources also add that there could a stronger trade market for picks in the 30s due to the additional time.

"Way more second-round picks would be traded every year, except [because of the lack of time] no one knows who has them. A team makes a trade, then another trade. I'm spending 10 minutes hunting down picks, and by the time you find out where it is, it's too late to make a deal," an Eastern Conference executive told ESPN.

The league is still discussing green room invites and how to handle prospects who aren't drafted on the first night.

There are also discussions around having more space between the NBA Draft and the start of free agency.
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,738

Post#1160 » by HerSports85 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:11 pm

time to start playing with playoff lineups.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs

Return to New York Knicks