ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued… again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,769

Re: Around the NBA - Continued… again 

Post#1961 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:Mikal Last 10 Games:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

Inexplicably proclaiming that you're building around a non all star level talent player has consequences.

I like Mikal, he's a good dude. But he was put in a bad situation, and on a team with talent that he can play off of, those percentages would be much better. Less usage volume, more catch and shoot opportunities, no attempting to go ISO against players when he can't dribble well enough to get past them.

It's almost as if knowing your personnel should be a job qualification for being an NBA GM.

Fine, fine. We'll trade for him :roll: You twisted my arm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1962 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Every time I hear about plasma rich platelet procedures I assume vampires are involved.

Especially because they used to go to Europe to get it. Presumably to gain proximity to Dr. Acula.

Batman kicked his ass

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,532

Post#1963 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:29 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Inexplicably proclaiming that you're building around a non all star level talent player has consequences.

I like Mikal, he's a good dude. But he was put in a bad situation, and on a team with talent that he can play off of, those percentages would be much better. Less usage volume, more catch and shoot opportunities, no attempting to go ISO against players when he can't dribble well enough to get past them.

It's almost as if knowing your personnel should be a job qualification for being an NBA GM.

Maybe it's my Knicks colored glasses but it feels like the Nets are going out of their way to scream to the world that they are building around Bridges because they know the Knicks would be hot after him.

This is no joke, but they’re seriously fighting for their franchise’s life right now. They were already having a tough enough time selling tickets when they were a playoff team. Now the Knicks are good and they’re bad and they have no picks.

They're done in NYC. There is no way they've achieved building a fanbase organically over the last 12 years.

Deron Williams years = players didn't give a sh*t, one 2nd round appearance.

Kenny Atkinson years = actual engaging basketball with fan friendly players, but not enough to actually win.

KD/Kyrie years = players didn't give a sh*t, one 2nd round appearance.

^i would wager that very few New Yorkers actually give a sh*t. The Liberty have way more organic support in the city.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1964 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:32 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:Mikal Last 10 Games:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

:lol:

He'd average an easy 16ppg here on good efficiency and his defense would probably revert back to how it was in Phoenix

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1965 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He'd average an easy 16ppg here on good efficiency and his defense would probably revert back to how it was in Phoenix

That draft will forever be one of our low points. After the Melo deal, we were in prime position to let the kids rock, get a top pick, and got into 2019 with a ton of cap space.

And they threw that away for THJ of all ppl.

Fine. But then to pass on both Mikal & MPJ for Knox??? I know SGA but I'm not going to pretend like I wanted him. I wanted one of those two where we picked. Disaster.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1966 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:54 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

That draft will forever be one of our low points. After the Melo deal, we were in prime position to let the kids rock, get a top pick, and got into 2019 with a ton of cap space.

And they threw that away for THJ of all ppl.

Fine. But then to pass on both Mikal & MPJ for Knox??? I know SGA but I'm not going to pretend like I wanted him. I wanted one of those two where we picked. Disaster.

Our (my boys) group chat was talking about this yesterday, some girl on tiktok who is a Knicks fan posted a video breaking this down and someone shared it.

My boy Mike was like "all of that was before Leon Rose tho" and i agreed with him. Yesterday is gone. What matters now is turning those picks + Bojan's contract into something that puts this roster over the edge this summer. I think Rose can continue to make the right moves. I know folks are down on the Grimes trade right now, but I preach patience. This roster has a ton of talent and upside.

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,858

Post#1967 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He’s certainly had a breakout since leaving Phoenix. I wouldn’t say he’s terribly outmatched and he’d also look much better if Brooklyn acquired some top level talent this summer. With that said, he’d still be the single most perfect acquisition for us.

He's a 3rd option on a mid tier team at best.

For comparison, on the Knicks, at full strength (imo a contender in the East), he'd be the 4th option offensively. Yet they are trying to sell him as a #1. It's honestly a shame and I hope he asks out.

I think you’re underestimating him and it doesn’t even matter, I’d basically pay any price to add him next to OG and Brunson.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 17,067

Post#1968 » by evevale » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:54 pm

cleanest nba edit i've seen all year
Read on Twitter
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#1969 » by sol537 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:11 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:He’s certainly had a breakout since leaving Phoenix. I wouldn’t say he’s terribly outmatched and he’d also look much better if Brooklyn acquired some top level talent this summer. With that said, he’d still be the single most perfect acquisition for us.

For comparison, on the Knicks, at full strength (imo a contender in the East), he'd be the 4th option offensively. Yet they are trying to sell him as a #1. It's honestly a shame and I hope he asks out.

I think you’re underestimating him and it doesn’t even matter, I’d basically pay any price to add him next to OG and Brunson.

Nets' smartest move would be to tear it down and tank 2-3 seasons to get 1-2 generational talents through the draft (after getting some of their picks back from Houston).

If Bridges' agent makes it clear he wants out and doesn't want Houston, perhaps a 3-way trade could work this off-season...

NY receives: Bridges
Houston receives: Mitch Robinson, McBride, 1st from NYK
Nets receive: A Young prospect from HOU, two 1st rounders from HOU (Nets own picks)

A potential win-win-win type deal.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,791

Post#1970 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 5, 2024 7:14 pm

cgmw wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
Maybe it's my Knicks colored glasses but it feels like the Nets are going out of their way to scream to the world that they are building around Bridges because they know the Knicks would be hot after him.

This is no joke, but they’re seriously fighting for their franchise’s life right now. They were already having a tough enough time selling tickets when they were a playoff team. Now the Knicks are good and they’re bad and they have no picks.

Yes but… who the F cares?

It just explains their mindset and why the Knicks aren’t getting Mikal. I feel the logical move for them would have been to just take Houston’s deal and get their picks back.

I feel it’s a valid point to make as long as the Knicks (and their fans) have interest in reuniting the Villanova crew
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,748

Post#1971 » by RHODEY » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:10 pm

This is what I think it would take to get Mikal to the KnIcks.....an NBA championship. If we somehow win one it boosts our assets value even more while also boosting the chance that Mikal would force his way out to join us.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1972 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:25 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:He’s certainly had a breakout since leaving Phoenix. I wouldn’t say he’s terribly outmatched and he’d also look much better if Brooklyn acquired some top level talent this summer. With that said, he’d still be the single most perfect acquisition for us.

16ppg on good efficiency if he was on a team in his proper role? I don't think that's underestimating him at all. I think that Mikal is on the same tier as OG Anunoby.

Now, is Mikal better than OG? I wouldn't call anyone wrong for saying either way, i think that OG's defensive impact is a lot higher than Bridges, i think as shooters they're about even. I just don't think he's a guy you're looking to if you're going to construct a team around someone.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1973 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:28 pm

sol537 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Nets' smartest move would be to tear it down and tank 2-3 seasons to get 1-2 generational talents through the draft (after getting some of their picks back from Houston).

If Bridges' agent makes it clear he wants out and doesn't want Houston, perhaps a 3-way trade could work this off-season...

NY receives: Bridges
Houston receives: Mitch Robinson, McBride, 1st from NYK
Nets receive: A Young prospect from HOU, two 1st rounders from HOU (Nets own picks)

A potential win-win-win type deal.

Brooklyn would rather build the Rockets just like they built the current Celtics, by gifting them multiple top 10 lottery picks.

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#1974 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:37 pm

Just want to chime in at how I am mad the Heat got my guy Patty Mills. What doesn't CAA have any semi-capable free agent point guards available?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,780

Post#1975 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:22 am

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs