ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued… again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,744

Re: Around the NBA - Continued… again 

Post#1941 » by cgmw » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:29 am

KnicksGod wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like a RealGM reader.

Sounds like the exception to the RGM rule of preaching that system makes no difference.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,253

Post#1942 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:32 am

I legit gasped. Was not expecting it.

Read on Twitter
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,513

Post#1943 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:38 am

Lakers smoking the Thunder tonight. SGA didn't see the court in the 4th. Jarring.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,020

Post#1944 » by knicks94 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:47 am

What is the NBA's obsession with Lebron vs Curry?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,539

Post#1945 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:08 pm

cgmw wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Paying the DraftExpress guy to put him in the top 10 in that first 2024 mock he had was nasty work by Klutch :lol:

On the other had this is why I've always found "post-decision" Lebron unlikeable. Man loves talking out of both sides of his mouth on everything. Him recently chastising everyone/the media for not letting his son just enjoy basketball and be his own man was so ridiculous considering LeBron who was the one on record saying his son could play in the league right now. He also has made it known through his own quotes and through back channel sources that he wants to play with his son before he retires.

Now since his son has struggled he's back tracking and blaming everyone else for putting the expectations on him which is complete BS. LeBron himself put the expectations on him and now realizes it's unfair to do that.

Right. LeBron started all of this. If he had just said "hey my boy wants to hoop, he's his own man and i support him in whatever he wants to do", i doubt this is even an issue, but he clearly put the pressure on Bronny talking that crap about wanting to play with him in the league, when it was nowhere near a foregone conclusion that he would even make it.

Contrast with how Bryce James quietly continues to hoop without all the rah rah, I feel like LeBron did his eldest child a massive disservice.

I’m seeing a PPV cage match of the James vs Ball families.

In some ways, i think what LeBron did is worse than what LaVar did because of who he is.

This is if like Michael Jordan, back when his sons played high school ball, tried to hype them up as NBA players. It never happened, and for good reason.

Bronny will be fine, but it just sucks to see a kid placed under that kind of pressure and scrutiny.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1946 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:10 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I legit gasped. Was not expecting it.

Read on Twitter

That was dope, i had no idea he could rise like that. I'm glad that the Wizards don't care enough to start a fight over it

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1947 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:16 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Mikal Last 10 Games:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

Inexplicably proclaiming that you're building around a non all star level talent player has consequences.

I like Mikal, he's a good dude. But he was put in a bad situation, and on a team with talent that he can play off of, those percentages would be much better. Less usage volume, more catch and shoot opportunities, no attempting to go ISO against players when he can't dribble well enough to get past them.

It's almost as if knowing your personnel should be a job qualification for being an NBA GM.

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,510

Post#1948 » by EnigmatiC » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

Inexplicably proclaiming that you're building around a non all star level talent player has consequences.

I like Mikal, he's a good dude. But he was put in a bad situation, and on a team with talent that he can play off of, those percentages would be much better. Less usage volume, more catch and shoot opportunities, no attempting to go ISO against players when he can't dribble well enough to get past them.

It's almost as if knowing your personnel should be a job qualification for being an NBA GM.

Maybe it's my Knicks colored glasses but it feels like the Nets are going out of their way to scream to the world that they are building around Bridges because they know the Knicks would be hot after him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,387

Post#1949 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:16 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

Maybe it's my Knicks colored glasses but it feels like the Nets are going out of their way to scream to the world that they are building around Bridges because they know the Knicks would be hot after him.

The nets traded KD for him. It would be a terrible look if they traded him after they traded a franchise player for him. That’s why they’re adamant on building around Mikal. At least for now.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,807

Post#1950 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:31 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

This is no joke, but they’re seriously fighting for their franchise’s life right now. They were already having a tough enough time selling tickets when they were a playoff team. Now the Knicks are good and they’re bad and they have no picks.
cgmw
RealGM

Post#1951 » by cgmw » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:47 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

This is no joke, but they’re seriously fighting for their franchise’s life right now. They were already having a tough enough time selling tickets when they were a playoff team. Now the Knicks are good and they’re bad and they have no picks.

Yes but… who the F cares?
cgmw
RealGM

Post#1952 » by cgmw » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:50 pm

If you’re somehow one of the eight humans on earth who identify as a Nets fan, then you should be focusing all your attention on whether or not Steve Ballmer fails in LA.

If the Clippers are still losers after acquiring PG + three former MVPs and a brand new multi-billion dollar stadium, then there’s just no hope for the Nets, ever. Period. End story.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,950

Post#1953 » by god shammgod » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The nets traded KD for him. It would be a terrible look if they traded him after they traded a franchise player for him. That’s why they’re adamant on building around Mikal. At least for now.

plus they don't have their own picks. so unless they trade with houston and get their picks back they can't rebuild.

i think they know he's not a 1st option but he's a guy first options want to play with. they're gonna go hard after donovan or whoever else becomes available.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1954 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:52 pm

sham on sham crime
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,510

Post#1955 » by EnigmatiC » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:58 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yes agreed but to reject that Houston trade seems a little crazy to me.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1956 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:05 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:

Yes agreed but to reject that Houston trade seems a little crazy to me.

I think they are going to keep trying to build around him or at least try to get a star next to him before they start entertaining trades
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,886

Post#1957 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:11 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like a RealGM reader.

RJ straight up stole my quotes. Shameless.

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,860

Post#1958 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

He’s certainly had a breakout since leaving Phoenix. I wouldn’t say he’s terribly outmatched and he’d also look much better if Brooklyn acquired some top level talent this summer. With that said, he’d still be the single most perfect acquisition for us.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,596

Post#1959 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:58 pm

Nets will never ever EVER make a trade with us. EVER.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1960 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:12 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

61/155 FG (39.3%)
23/80 3PT (28.9%)

He’s certainly had a breakout since leaving Phoenix. I wouldn’t say he’s terribly outmatched and he’d also look much better if Brooklyn acquired some top level talent this summer. With that said, he’d still be the single most perfect acquisition for us.

He's a 3rd option on a mid tier team at best.

For comparison, on the Knicks, at full strength (imo a contender in the East), he'd be the 4th option offensively. Yet they are trying to sell him as a #1. It's honestly a shame and I hope he asks out.

Return to New York Knicks