ImageImageImageImageImage

MSG+ issues

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

MSG+ issues 

Post#1 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:21 pm

Greetings all.
I reside in NJ and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with MSG+. We have Fios and MSG is part of out package.
I had been using MSG plus all season and only recently -- over the past month -- began having issues. It appears to be loading but never does. I can reset it to "Start of game" and I can see the playback, but it won't let me watch live.

Anyone have any advice? I have already tried different browsers which seems to have failed. Tried with and without ad block etc
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,601

Re: MSG+ issues 

Post#2 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:24 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Greetings all.
I reside in NJ and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with MSG+. We have Fios and MSG is part of out package.
I had been using MSG plus all season and only recently -- over the past month -- began having issues. It appears to be loading but never does. I can reset it to "Start of game" and I can see the playback, but it won't let me watch live.

Anyone have any advice? I have already tried different browsers which seems to have failed. Tried with and without ad block etc

When I had an issue once, I logged out or whatever and reset the provider again. signed in and it worked. Not sure of this helps or even makes sense. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#3 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:28 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:

When I had an issue once, I logged out or whatever and reset the provider again. signed in and it worked. Not sure of this helps or even makes sense. :lol:

Appreciate it. I was going to try that but there is some threatening language to the effect of "once you remove a provider you cannot re-connect to this service again" or something to that effect.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#4 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:34 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Appreciate it. I was going to try that but there is some threatening language to the effect of "once you remove a provider you cannot re-connect to this service again" or something to that effect.

Yeah...it gets sketchy man. :lol: I am fairly techtarded but I think I did it twice. Let me go look and see if I can figure it out. Hopefully I don't disconnect my shyt! :lol:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:42 pm

From what I recall...I disconnected the provider and chose the correct one again....and logged back in. My tablet has the password info saved so it logged right back on.
epics2002
Senior
And1: 94

Post#6 » by epics2002 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Appreciate it. I was going to try that but there is some threatening language to the effect of "once you remove a provider you cannot re-connect to this service again" or something to that effect.

MSG+ is a steaming pile of poo. What you need to do is F12 to get into developer tools. There are a couple things:

1) If your browser disables 3rd party cookies, it won't load.
2) If you get couch error, it needs to reconnect to cable provider
3) May need to clear out msg cookies or all cookies if you don't want to find them and do a reset

That got it working for me, it was a real pain in the ass.
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#7 » by islanders11040 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:32 am

my biggest issue is it no longer having the t-shirt cannon mini game. used to love playing it on MSGgo
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#8 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:49 am

Log out. Delete app if needed. Reconnect to provider. I work in Jersey. Live in Queens. It works.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#9 » by duetta » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:13 am

I had problems with the app on my Sony TV. The video froze in two consecutive games while the audio continued. Luckily, I also have access to MSG via my DirectTV Stream account, so I could watch through it instead. My sense was that the Android TV app was not yet ready for prime time.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,460
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#10 » by BKlutch » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:16 am

duetta wrote:I had problems with the app on my Sony TV. The video froze in two consecutive games while the audio continued. Luckily, I also have access to MSG via my DirectTV Stream account, so I could watch through it instead. My sense was that the Android TV app was not yet ready for prime time.

THe iOS MSG+ app sucks, and using the browser on a Mac to watch shows a very bare bones, no frills website that requires 2 logins: One to log into MSG+ and a second log in to the internet streaming service. It loses its credentials about once a week and takes 10 minutes to log back in.

It's really awful.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,130

Post#11 » by dakomish23 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:36 am

I keep getting logged out and it freezes up sometimes. But these are the same issues I have streaming ESPN / TNT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks