ImageImageImageImageImage

The Knicks Injury Report thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Re: The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#481 » by knicks94 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:40 am

Breaking News: OG Anunoby will return from injury when he is no longer injured.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,390

Post#482 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:58 am

I'm starting to feel like this isn't our year but I still love what they did. I love the team they put together.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,594

Post#483 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:11 am

I just wanna come in here and either see Randle played against contact lol. Either kill the season or give us proper hope
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#484 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:33 pm

Should of traded for someone that can help carry the offensive load with Brunson against top teams (what they will be facing in the playoffs). My concern isn't the regular season. My concern is a repeat of the playoffs from the past few years. Not enough shot creators to help the one shot healthy shot creator. Their defense is fine for the playoffs. If Randle isn't healthy, their offense is IMO still going to be not enough.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,128

Post#485 » by TKKnicks1 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:52 pm

Not worried about OG at all. Dude is not ball dominant. Just comes in, knows his role and elevates our team. He could literally come back anytime and fit back into the rotation without any issues. Randle on the other hand I wish could get 10-15 games to acclimate himself back into the offense. Hate to be a pessimist but we saw it last playoffs, he's just not the same player until he's got his flow. He might actually hurt the team more than help if we don't get enough games under his belt prior to the playoffs.
~I Believe!~
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,390

Post#486 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:37 pm

moocow007 wrote:Should of traded for someone that can help carry the offensive load with Brunson against top teams (what they will be facing in the playoffs). My concern isn't the regular season. My concern is a repeat of the playoffs from the past few years. Not enough shot creators to help the one shot healthy shot creator. Their defense is fine for the playoffs. If Randle isn't healthy, their offense is IMO still going to be not enough.

They traded for a 20 pt scorer who shoots 40% from 3. Problem is, he doesn't play defense and he doesn't make the team better.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#487 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:08 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Should of traded for someone that can help carry the offensive load with Brunson against top teams (what they will be facing in the playoffs). My concern isn't the regular season. My concern is a repeat of the playoffs from the past few years. Not enough shot creators to help the one shot healthy shot creator. Their defense is fine for the playoffs. If Randle isn't healthy, their offense is IMO still going to be not enough.

They traded for a 20 pt scorer who shoots 40% from 3. Problem is, he doesn't play defense and he doesn't make the team better.

He's a scorer but he's not a shot creator. He's not an no.1 or no.2 option type guy. That's what this team needs. He's basically Evan Fournier the Return. If he can create his own shot and facilitate they can live with the defense cause they have the rest of the team that can do so. But he can't.

Ability to create shots...that's why they can live with Randle right despite Randle's defensive "issues"? They need a Randle like shot creator (be it Randle or someone similar). Since Randle at this point looks like he'll be repeating last season's playoff run (injured and ineffective) getting someone else to serve that role is what they needed. Not a one dimensional shooter.

Now don't get me wrong...that trade was still a good trade considering what they gave up (and if you ignore that what they gave up maybe could have gotten them a shot creator last season). But still, could have used a shot creator more which is what I've pretty much been saying for 3 seasons now.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#488 » by gavran » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:35 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

He's a scorer but he's not a shot creator. He's not an no.1 or no.2 option type guy. That's what this team needs. He's basically Evan Fournier the Return. If he can create his own shot and facilitate they can live with the defense cause they have the rest of the team that can do so. But he can't.

Ability to create shots...that's why they can live with Randle right despite Randle's defensive "issues"? They need a Randle like shot creator (be it Randle or someone similar). Since Randle at this point looks like he'll be repeating last season's playoff run (injured and ineffective) getting someone else to serve that role is what they needed. Not a one dimensional shooter.

Now don't get me wrong...that trade was still a good trade considering what they gave up (and if you ignore that what they gave up maybe could have gotten them a shot creator last season). But still, could have used a shot creator more which is what I've pretty much been saying for 3 seasons now.

What shot creator was traded at the deadline?
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,322

Post#489 » by sol537 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:13 pm

Sounds like there's a decent enough chance that OG and Mitch return at some point before the playoffs.

Randle looks like a complete toss up. It sounds like it's as likely they keep him out entirely as it is that he tries to play.

Would love to see our full starting line-up in the playoffs.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,766

Post#490 » by Wildcat » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:23 pm

gavran wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Alec Burks. :o
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#491 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:46 pm

gavran wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Rozier? Siakam? But the point is what shot creators were available? Kuzma, Derozan, etc. And honestly more importantly, how many people on this board actually felt the Knicks needed a shot creator. Maybe that's my point of even bringing this up. According to the peanut gallery, the Knicks didn't need a shot creator in 2011-2012 (and we saw what happened when you only got one come playoff time), they didn't need one last year (cause an injured Randle was enough to go with Brunson) and they didn't need one this year either (even though the team state seemed quite like the past 2 seasons).
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,806

Post#492 » by HerSports85 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:54 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:OG going the way of Bernard King and McDyess. Oh well.

But are we ready to pay this man 40m+ a year?!

Hell no
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,947

Post#493 » by DaGawd » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:56 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I'm starting to feel like this isn't our year but I still love what they did. I love the team they put together.

basically this
BaF
Washington Wizards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,921

Post#494 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:00 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I'm starting to feel like this isn't our year but I still love what they did. I love the team they put together.

Yea, if we are not healthy then it is what it is. It’s just not our year. I can’t really blame anyone for that other than the typical Knicks curse.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#495 » by cgf » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:16 pm

Stannis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

i hate when people say "i had that injury too" and act like since like it was no big deal for them if it's the same thing as a professional athlete. it's idiotic.

For real. Probably not bad for Marc Berman and his weekend racquetball games at the local fitness center.

But professional players have to be close to 100% each night. If it's anything less, it shows.

At this point in the season, few players are at 100%.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,788

Post#496 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:19 pm

We have 8 games left and these guys aren't even taking contact.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
cgf
RealGM

Post#497 » by cgf » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:20 pm

moocow007 wrote:
gavran wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Rozier? Siakam? But the point is what shot creators were available? Kuzma, Derozan, etc. And honestly more importantly, how many people on this board actually felt the Knicks needed a shot creator. Maybe that's my point of even bringing this up. According to the peanut gallery, the Knicks didn't need a shot creator in 2011-2012 (and we saw what happened when you only got one come playoff time), they didn't need one last year (cause an injured Randle was enough to go with Brunson) and they didn't need one this year either (even though the team state seemed quite like the past 2 seasons).

The Bulls weren't trading DeRozan away in the middle of their play-in push. But Kuzma was my first suggestion when Julius got hurt. I think our defense & rebounding is good enough for Jalen to beat anyone other than Boston...but our offense will be slog if Julius isn't back to at least decoy for Jalen, like he did last spring.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#498 » by cgf » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:21 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Yea, if we are not healthy then it is what it is. It’s just not our year. I can’t really blame anyone for that other than the typical Knicks curse.

I'm perfectly happy to blame this all on Bam :dontknow:

Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 937

Post#499 » by Appleshampoo » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:26 pm

What is the collective opinion on what's wrong with Julius Randle?

I was speculating while watching his Roommates podcast episode. Both arms were moving around a lot, lifted and rested on the top of the chairs back rest... You typically cannot comfortably do this with a tear. I know it sounds dumb but I lived through the injury for a long time.

It's probably kind of common to rest for a few weeks and then play through a shoulder impingement followed by offseason surgery. The next level is when the MRI shows a labrum andor rotator cuff tear. My assumption has always been this is what happened to Randle and they want to let it rest for as long as possible... Carmelo Anthony played through labrum and rotator cuff tear late 2012. Remember KG pulled on it... I guess I'm confused because if they're resting a tear then why not give a timeline of return. He's probably out for the season?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,766

Post#500 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:49 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We have 8 games left and these guys aren't even taking contact.

FWIW Randle has taken "controlled contact" for like at least a week now.

I don't know exactly what the difference between full and controlled contact is, but factually he has been taking some sort of contact for a bit now.

OG probably won't need too much ramp up once the swelling from whatever he's dealing with dies down but, yeah as you've mentioned it's less than ideal to only have like 5 or so games of ramp up before going into a playoff series.

I'm actually kind of hoping we get the 4 or 5 seed and play Orlando at this point because I don't think we need a fully locked in and healthy team to beat them. Playing teams like Miami or Philly scare me without a fully healthy squad because they have guys who could be better than Brunson over a 7 game stretch which would kill us without a fully healthy team.

Maybe use that as sort of a "rhythm gaining" period for OG and/or Julius. And I know we're the Knicks so we aren't really established enough to feel that way but, the Magic literally have no playoff experience lol. Kind of team that can beat themselves in a playoff scenario because of inexperience.

Return to New York Knicks