ImageImageImageImageImage

The Knicks Injury Report thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,827

Re: The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#521 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:30 pm

Knicks are getting bounced in the first round no matter who they play. Too many injuries have too many guys playing roles 1 to 2 slots up and out of their comfort zone
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,198

Post#522 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,282

Post#523 » by GONYK » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:39 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter
Pretty much what I thought. Everyone is waiting on Julius
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,785

Post#524 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:55 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks are getting bounced in the first round no matter who they play. Too many injuries have too many guys playing roles 1 to 2 slots up and out of their comfort zone

We cannot go into next season with Mitch and OG both on the roster either, whatever happens Mitch has to be traded if we actually plan on keeping OG. There's no room on a team for two guys that miss 40-50% of the season.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,940

Post#525 » by DaGawd » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:31 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

sounds like another chicago derrick rose situation after his acl tear and recovery
BaF
Washington Wizards
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,118

Post#526 » by TKKnicks1 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:10 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was exactly what I did NOT want to hear. I wanted to hear that it was the training and medical staff that was holding him back and not Julius himself. Throughout his career Julius has played through pain and injuries and has always endured through it. Now all of a sudden to hear that it's Julius second guessing himself makes me believe this injury is far worse than it's being made out to be. It's one thing to play through an injury and believe you can do it vs playing through an injury and not having a clear conscious. I think we need to just come to terms that we are not gonna see JR back this season. Even if he does manage to convince himself to come back, it's just gonna be his body.. his mindset won't be the same.
~I Believe!~
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,763

Post#527 » by cgf » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:50 pm

GONYK wrote:
cgf wrote:
GONYK wrote:
I disagree that Kuzma is on a team friendly deal when there is no time for him on a team with a healthy Julius Randle.

His contract wouldn't be friendly on this team

He and Randle wouldn't both be on this team next season, just like Bogey :dontknow:

How are you thinking the offseason is going to play out?

The only way I see Randle being gone is in a star trade.

I dunno, but I expect our FO to do something with Bogey's expiring this summer.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,097

Post#528 » by god shammgod » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:54 pm

historically, you can't trust organizations who encourage guys to play with injuries when it's playoff time. they don't err on the side of caution. randle is probably right to make up his own mind.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,538

Post#529 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:25 pm

cgf wrote:
GONYK wrote:
cgf wrote:
He and Randle wouldn't both be on this team next season, just like Bogey :dontknow:

We specifically traded Grimes to get Bogdanovic because his deal is a year longer than Fournier’s.

We have to trade him by next deadline or else this trade was a waste.

We can’t keep kicking the can down the road. We need to make a move to strike while Brunson is both in his prime and on a great contract.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
cgf
RealGM

Post#530 » by cgf » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:52 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
cgf wrote:
GONYK wrote:

We specifically traded Grimes to get Bogdanovic because his deal is a year longer than Fournier’s.

We have to trade him by next deadline or else this trade was a waste.

We can’t keep kicking the can down the road. We need to make a move to strike while Brunson is both in his prime and on a great contract.

Bogdanovic's contract is not a year longer than Fournier's. Both (essentially) have a team option for next season...Fournier's is a full team option, Bogey's is just a partial guarantee.

Kuzma's contract is longer, but because it goes down every year...and he's a better player...I suspect that he'd be a more valuable trade chip this summer than Bogey.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#531 » by cgf » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:58 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks are getting bounced in the first round no matter who they play. Too many injuries have too many guys playing roles 1 to 2 slots up and out of their comfort zone

We cannot go into next season with Mitch and OG both on the roster either, whatever happens Mitch has to be traded if we actually plan on keeping OG. There's no room on a team for two guys that miss 40-50% of the season.

Out of a possible 557 games since he was drafted, OG has played in 412. So he's missed 26% of his career so far. Out of a possible 475 games, Mitch has played 313, meaning he's missed 34% of the games he could've played in. For comparison, Brunson has played 415 out of a possible 475 games (13% missed).

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,262

Post#532 » by Kampuchea » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:08 pm

Great news about Randle, sounds like he is medically cleared but just getting comfortable himself. He's back for the playoffs.
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 138

Post#533 » by KNICKS007 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:11 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was exactly what I did NOT want to hear. I wanted to hear that it was the training and medical staff that was holding him back and not Julius himself. Throughout his career Julius has played through pain and injuries and has always endured through it. Now all of a sudden to hear that it's Julius second guessing himself makes me believe this injury is far worse than it's being made out to be. It's one thing to play through an injury and believe you can do it vs playing through an injury and not having a clear conscious. I think we need to just come to terms that we are not gonna see JR back this season. Even if he does manage to convince himself to come back, it's just gonna be his body.. his mindset won't be the same.

I have had this injury on both shoulders, and if that shoulder isn't a 100% back, its going to pop out again, make no mistake, and at that point he will need surgery, I'm sure every Doctor he consulted told him that like they told me.

He is one of the most physical, strongest players in the NBA, and he's a shell of himself if doesn't play like that. No one likes that Randle

I don't want to see no half ass Randle coming out there playing suspect, that's not going to be a good look.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#534 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:18 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have had this injury on both shoulders, and if that shoulder isn't a 100% back, its going to pop out again, make no mistake, and at that point he will need surgery, I'm sure every Doctor he consulted told him that like they told me.

He is one of the most physical, strongest players in the NBA, and he's a shell of himself if doesn't play like that. No one likes that Randle

I don't want to see no half ass Randle coming out there playing suspect, that's not going to be a good look.

This is why he should've gotten the surgery 2 months ago. The handling of injuries this season has been an absolute clown show.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#535 » by god shammgod » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter

windy saying randle is pretty much f*cked and og won't play until he thinks he's 100 percent. begley is saying og is not even close medically to playing yet and randle won't be able to play the same way.

windy thinks we could beat the cavs or magic. macri thinks we could beat the magic.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,799

Post#536 » by omerome » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:22 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
KNICKS007 wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:

This is why he should've gotten the surgery 2 months ago. The handling of injuries this season has been an absolute clown show.

If he were to get that surgery, he very likely would be done for the season. At least, by holding out, the hope of him coming back is there.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,198

Post#537 » by Fat Kat » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Fans that were there last night said that Josh was visibly hurting in warmups. Meanwhile, Randle and OG are having a spa day. :P
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#538 » by god shammgod » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:50 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fans that were there last night said that Josh was visibly hurting in warmups. Meanwhile, Randle and OG are having a spa day. :P

Read on Twitter
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#539 » by sol537 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:54 pm

Stick a fork in the season. It was a fun ride and we saw a glimpse of our potential. The future is still bright and Leon is the right guy to lead this ship.
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#540 » by EnigmatiC » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:35 pm

omerome wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:
KNICKS007 wrote:

If he were to get that surgery, he very likely would be done for the season. At least, by holding out, the hope of him coming back is there.

Maybe there was hope of him coming back but there isn’t much hope now. And even if he does I can’t see him being very effective. If he had gotten the surgery at least he would have a full offseason and not one relegated to recovery for the second year in a row.

Return to New York Knicks