ImageImageImageImageImage

The Knicks Injury Report thread.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,845

Re: The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#81 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn, Julius is so gonna suck again in the playoffs. We might actually overcome it but will he? And I'm a fan, try to defend him but now all of a sudden he went from a few weeks to " maybe sometime during the season" Damn.

Been trying to tell people...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,245

Post#82 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn, Julius is so gonna suck again in the playoffs. We might actually overcome it but will he? And I'm a fan, try to defend him but now all of a sudden he went from a few weeks to " maybe sometime during the season" Damn.

all of the "expectations" were based on speculation though. there was never a timeline shared. just what people thought based on what they thought the injury entails. self-inflicted wounds. :(
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,845

Post#83 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:18 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

all of the "expectations" were based on speculation though. there was never a timeline shared. just what people thought based on what they thought the injury entails. self-inflicted wounds. :(

Basically we don't know and the FO isn't saying or it's not clear to them either. That's for both positive and negative prognostications
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 641

Post#84 » by Governor Dudley » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:27 pm

The Randle situation is giving me Patrick in 1999 vibes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,264

Post#85 » by Kampuchea » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:47 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/knicks-julius-randle-still-not-cleared-to-practice/

Coach Tom Thibodeau said Tuesday that Randle (shoulder) hasn't been cleared to practice but is progressing well in his recovery, Kristian Winfield of the New York Daily News reports.

Randle hasn't played since Jan. 27 due to a dislocated right shoulder. While an official injury report has yet to be announced for Thursday's game versus the 76ers, Randle's absence from practice is a bad sign of his availability.

Bad news, Randle absent from practice is a BAD SIGN he won’t play tomorrow. :banghead:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,327

Post#86 » by sol537 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:53 pm

Kampuchea wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/knicks-julius-randle-still-not-cleared-to-practice/

Coach Tom Thibodeau said Tuesday that Randle (shoulder) hasn't been cleared to practice but is progressing well in his recovery, Kristian Winfield of the New York Daily News reports.

Randle hasn't played since Jan. 27 due to a dislocated right shoulder. While an official injury report has yet to be announced for Thursday's game versus the 76ers, Randle's absence from practice is a bad sign of his availability.

Bad news, Randle absent from practice is a BAD SIGN he won’t play tomorrow. :banghead:

Who thought Randle would play tomorrow? Some time in March seems more realistic…
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#87 » by cgf » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:55 pm

Kampuchea wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/knicks-julius-randle-still-not-cleared-to-practice/

*shrug* as long as he's back with a few weeks of games to get back into his rhythm, I'd rather they take their time & protect Julius from himself. You know if Randle had his way he would've just thrown on a sling and come back the very next game, but I'd rather get him as fit as we can, even if that means he doesn't play until the back half of March.

What I'm more worried about is getting Bogey integrated into the defense enough for his minutes not to kill us. If we can do that, then holding onto a top 3 seed while Julius is out, should be doable.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,952

Post#88 » by DaGawd » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:00 pm

sol537 wrote:

Who thought Randle would play tomorrow? Some time in March seems more realistic…

yeah i didn’t get the vibe randle was coming back immediately after all star break any way so this was expected
BaF
Washington Wizards
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,257

Post#89 » by Woodsanity » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hate to say it but if he does poorly again we have to trade him even if his value will be very low.

Hopefully he does well this playoffs....

It would be 3 playoffs in a row.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#90 » by cgf » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hate to say it but if he does poorly again we have to trade him even if his value will be very low.

Hopefully he does well this playoffs....

It would be 3 playoffs in a row.

That's what I assume, but even with how poorly he scored last spring, he had a hugely positive impact on Brunson's efficiency just by pulling Mobley & Bam away from the rim.

I'm hoping he can do better than the 19-10-4 on 53% TS he gave us against Miami, but if Brunson's #s are once again as radically different as they were with & without Randle last postseason, I'm not as sure that moving him would help us even if teams can keep him quiet.

Should be a very interesting postseason for us regardless of how we deep we get. Just hope Julius gets healthy with enough time to get his rhythm before the playoffs start.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,648

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 pm

ian begley been catching strays about the legitmacy of his reporting (which is valid) but he wrote a nice article recently about the knicks using advanced stats
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,655

Post#92 » by HopelessKnick » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:49 pm

Sounds like good news to me---"hasn't been cleared to practice" sounds like he may be close to being cleared....Makes me actually hopeful he'll be back in around 2 weeks....
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,232

Post#93 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#94 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#95 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#96 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,292

Post#97 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:33 pm

Not saying Bojan is as good as Julius, but he makes a lot more sense to get if we think Julius wont be back soon or surgery will eventually happen. Seems like we’ll be lucky if he comes back at all for the playoffs, and he wont be 100% or in game shape.

OG returning would definitely make Bojan look better. We can bring Josh off the bench where he belongs.

Jalen / Deuce
Donte / Alec
OG / Josh
Bojan
Isaiah / Precious

Looks like this will be the rotation until Julius &/or Mitch return.

Still need to sign 2 more guys by tomorrow too. Taj is probably done. Maybe we convert Jacob to full time and bring back Nerlens. Sh*t bring back Knox too considering the other options.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,814

Post#98 » by RHODEY » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:58 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Basically we don't know and the FO isn't saying or it's not clear to them either. That's for both positive and negative prognostications

It means he hasnt been cleared for contact yet , and they need to be able to see how he reacts to that before they can give a more accurate return timetable. He likely wont be hundred percent because of how he plays, But a 70 percent Randle is better than nothing... And with the new additions and Mitch returning, he's got a lot of strong support.

Offseason he gets the surgery and we are ready to rock and roll .
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#99 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,915

Post#100 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:09 pm

RHODEY wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

It means he hasnt been cleared for contact yet , and they need to be able to see how he reacts to that before they can give a more accurate return timetable. He likely wont be hundred percent because of how he plays, But a 70 percent Randle is better than nothing... And with the new additions and Mitch returning, he's got a lot of strong support.

Offseason he gets the surgery and we are ready to rock and roll .

I think he’ll be in Minnesota at the start of next season but I pretty much agree with everything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks