ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: WE WON AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YES!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Re: PG: WE WON AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE YES!!! 

Post#321 » by KnicksGod » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:08 pm

Buttah304 wrote:So let me get this straight (entering the mind of one Quentin Grimes)

22-23 Season
(1) Sidelined for most of training camp
(2) I’m Mr. Untouchable
(3) Miss pre-season
(4) Injured first 6 games of regular season
(5) Replaced EF in SL vs Philly Nov 4th
(6) Averaged 30min per game in SL
(7) March 22nd-April 9 (21.9 PPG on 14 FGA)
(8) 34MPG vs Miami Games 2-6
(9) Starter for first 20 games of 23-24 Season

So I’m handed the starting role on a silver platter in 22-23, my USG ramped up at the end of last year, I get big minutes vs MIA in Round 2 and I start this year…but I’m gonna become petty and will continue to run my mouth.

This guy started talking about not getting enough touches, having to make every shot and every attempt feeling like 100 pounds. Now the issue is our fans aren’t welcoming Fournier back with open arms. But wait there’s more! Brunson would have gotten the call that Detroit didn’t get. Ironically enough this is AFTER the HOU debacle…wait for it…involving Brunson who didn’t get the call he wanted.

I agree with this. His mental seems shaky and he's kind of weird or something. But if you can fix a guy's game, you can fix his approach too. He plays defense, nice jumper form wise. Things to work with. Good athlete.

I still think the mental part is a shared burden between Thibs and him, but I can't deny that he had the starting job and regressed.

And yeah he's talking a lot. He must feel he was treated unfairly or just really doesn't like NY. I feel he has a higher ceiling than people realize though.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,894

Post#322 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:14 pm

Even if they let MJ expire this summer, you know he'll be back a third time at some point to complete threepeato
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,971

Post#323 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:32 pm

perrier_jones wrote:Trade continuing to look bad so far.

I think Grimes deserved that game winner at the end more than we did.

Grimes looked like a real player in the 4th.
Monty post-game to Grimey:
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,195

Post#324 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:04 pm

Det got away with 2 calls themselves

Read on Twitter
?t=YlCSZn23zC7MHr5VHvEbsA&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,841

Post#325 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:07 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Even if they let MJ expire this summer, you know he'll be back a third time at some point to complete threepeato

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#326 » by Fat Kat » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:10 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Det got away with 2 calls themselves

Read on Twitter

Well, there it is. They should stop crying.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
JayTWill
Junior
And1: 163

Post#327 » by JayTWill » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:15 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
JayTWill wrote:I mentioned this before but for everyone that is saying we should wait until the team is healthy to judge the value of Bojan what do you expect to happen if everyone actually does come back healthy? I hated the trade but I was hoping Bogy would eat up minutes so we would not burn out someone like Hart. Hart is still playing 40+ minutes almost every night and Bogey is down to the low 20's already. What will happen to his minutes if OG, Randle and Mitch all come back? What happens if iHart has his minutes restriction removed? He is needed more now than he ever will be if the team is fully healthy.

We brought in a front court player on a team with a decimated front court. How can you even be sure he will have a role to play if the front court is healthy when he is not even logging big minutes on a team that desperately needs help right now?

This is what I dont get either. We talked about this yesterday in the thread about the trade.

Like did we trade for Bojan to get 15 mpg and stand in the corner? Grimes can do that, while playing much better defense. Bojan is supposed to be keeping the ship sailing NOW with all the injuries.

People talk about the playoffs and yeah Grimes didnt shoot well at all, but he still played good D. Bojan could get run off the floor in the playoffs because of how bad his defense is. The Jazz underperformed with him as Rudy couldn’t cover everyone.

Same with Alec. Posters are saying he will be benched when everyone is back, but that’s wishful thinking if Thibs pushed for him. He’s already not playing much though.

All we can say is that it’s still early, but Bojan and Alec simply dont look good. No amount of time is going to make them more athletic or better defenders. If they arent hitting shots they are worthless, so they need to start getting hot yesterday.

Whatever though. It’s over. Not every move is going to be a homerun. Leon has been good overall but has made some blunders.

Bojan was brought here to extend the Fournier contract. Like Evan, Bogs is an expiring contract that is expected to be used in the "big trade" KNICKS plan to make. His presence here is and has always been as a temporary player to be used as a trade chip. The fact he's also a sharpshooter from 3 is a bonus -- but again, only a temporary one.

I understand the value of his contract as trade filler but that is not a reason to trade Grimes too. There were other contracts available that would have cost nothing to acquire other than Fournier's expiring. Detroit had just paid to get off of Bagley's contract next year. Devonte Graham is just sitting on the bench in San Antonio collecting a check. He has a partially guaranteed contract that can be fully guaranteed next year.

I have to believe the organization thought Bojan could help immediately and in the post season. So far he has not done that. His trade value at age 35 will be simply an expiring contract.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,900

Post#328 » by Buttah304 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:22 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Even if they let MJ expire this summer, you know he'll be back a third time at some point to complete threepeato

SNY
March, 2039

The Knicks and Alec Burks have reunited, again.

Burks, 47, has signed a 10-day contract with the Knicks, the veteran's senior living home announced.

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#329 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Makes me feel better about last night now, the correct team won.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#330 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter

In all honesty, the play down the stretch was physical and swallowing the whistle as the correct decision. You can't really allow one team to play physical and then call it on the other club.

The Rockets thing was flat out terrible and honestly the angle that bothers me is that the offensive player kicked his legs backwards which is what created the contact. It's supposed to be illegal to kick your legs to the side to draw contact.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#331 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:34 pm

JayTWill wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:
This is what I dont get either. We talked about this yesterday in the thread about the trade.

Like did we trade for Bojan to get 15 mpg and stand in the corner? Grimes can do that, while playing much better defense. Bojan is supposed to be keeping the ship sailing NOW with all the injuries.

People talk about the playoffs and yeah Grimes didnt shoot well at all, but he still played good D. Bojan could get run off the floor in the playoffs because of how bad his defense is. The Jazz underperformed with him as Rudy couldn’t cover everyone.

Same with Alec. Posters are saying he will be benched when everyone is back, but that’s wishful thinking if Thibs pushed for him. He’s already not playing much though.

All we can say is that it’s still early, but Bojan and Alec simply dont look good. No amount of time is going to make them more athletic or better defenders. If they arent hitting shots they are worthless, so they need to start getting hot yesterday.

Whatever though. It’s over. Not every move is going to be a homerun. Leon has been good overall but has made some blunders.

Bojan was brought here to extend the Fournier contract. Like Evan, Bogs is an expiring contract that is expected to be used in the "big trade" KNICKS plan to make. His presence here is and has always been as a temporary player to be used as a trade chip. The fact he's also a sharpshooter from 3 is a bonus -- but again, only a temporary one.

I understand the value of his contract as trade filler but that is not a reason to trade Grimes too. There were other contracts available that would have cost nothing to acquire other than Fournier's expiring. Detroit had just paid to get off of Bagley's contract next year. Devonte Graham is just sitting on the bench in San Antonio collecting a check. He has a partially guaranteed contract that can be fully guaranteed next year.

I have to believe the organization thought Bojan could help immediately and in the post season. So far he has not done that. His trade value at age 35 will be simply an expiring contract.

If I were BKN or the Cavs and I were to be trading either Spida and/or Bridges, Grimes would be a player I would want coming back. The two picks from DET/WAS are an asset, but more of a sweetener when comparing apples with each other. Also, the two picks we have this year are both going to be on the "meh" side because the draft class is not overly spectacular so the prospect of trading for Grimes or, say pick #20 in the draft would certainly be towards Grimes who has already proven at a young age he is a formidable starting shooting guard who does not need the ball to be effective.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#332 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#333 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:12 pm

Buttah304 wrote:

SNY
March, 2039

Burks, 47, has signed a 10-day contract with the Knicks, the veteran's senior living home announced.

lmfao
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#334 » by stuporman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:53 am

Why is biotchass Monte calling out the NY media? How about you worry about the pathetic job you are doing...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#335 » by robillionaire » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:18 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:

SNY
March, 2039

lmfao

Think bigger

Coach Alec Burks has a nice ring to it
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,179

Post#336 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:48 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Jericho's development is also very good, not as good as Precious but he's coming along nicely.

Yeah from my perspective Sims is serviceable and young. I come from the Raptors where, after Gasol and Ibaka left, the team had no centers for 2 1/2 seasons. Just undersized guys like Achiuwa and Boucher, and forcing Siakam and OG to guard big centers. Until they finally got Poeltl. Sims would have been very useful on those rosters, so having him on the Knicks as #3 center (when all healthy) is pretty good.

I know the catch is the all healthy part.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,179

Post#337 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:

Read on Twitter

Makes me feel better about last night now, the correct team won.

This guy doesn't feel better: :D

https://nypost.com/2024/02/27/sports/nba-bettor-misses-1-million-payday-due-to-knicks-pistons-bad-beat/
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to New York Knicks