ImageImageImageImageImage

pg - did everyone die?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,537

Re: pg - did everyone die? 

Post#161 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:08 pm

Adelheid wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
I also think he's going to give Burks a chance to play with Randle. He played his best with 1-2 other playmakers on the floor.

Problem with the roster right now sans Julius is that Thibs doesn't trust McBride to play PG in his system because it depends heavily on rim pressure to generate looks. McBride rarely gets 2 feet in the paint. He's much more of a SG on offense w/ Thibs. When Brunson is out Thibs can just have the offense flow through Julius getting downhill and opening stuff up with that. That's where Burks can thrive because he becomes much more of a secondary ball handler with the ability to catch and shoot off of Julius's gravity as well.

Burks, even for how bad he is playing, can come off a screen and get to either a middy pull up or cook on a switch. Problem is he can't make any jumpers currently and he's an awful finisher at base line :lol:

Deuce is a combo SG and should be used as such, which is why I thought Burks was a perfect addition to the bench.

Reality is often disappointing....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I deserve a beating for being pro Burks. :cry: i thought dude was gonna come in, do some facilitating, hit threes and chill. Nope.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,318

Post#162 » by The Lamma » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Deuce is a combo SG and should be used as such, which is why I thought Burks was a perfect addition to the bench.

Yeah I deserve a beating for being pro Burks. :cry: i thought dude was gonna come in, do some facilitating, hit threes and chill. Nope.

Just use him like he's Novak and he'd be fine. Nope, he's gotta do his fcking Curly Neal impersonation before launching his signature cinder blocks
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,742

Post#163 » by cgmw » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
cgmw wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Reggie Jackson, Pat Bev, Markelle Fultz(Thibs might like him, athletic and can defend)....any interest?

Is Elfrid Payton available?

I think he's currently learning Mandarin at his latest stop

Thibs PG requirements:

1) At least 3 years NBA experience, preferably 7;
2) Ball-dominant rim attack;
3) Defends.

Three point shot has no bearing on it. Passing skills not needed. Just somebody to dribble the air out of the ball while attacking the rim and not turning it over much.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,780

Post#164 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:08 pm

cgmw wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
cgmw wrote:*Over the age of 32 so Thibs would actually play him.

Reggie Jackson, Pat Bev, Markelle Fultz(Thibs might like him, athletic and can defend)....any interest?

Is Elfrid Payton available?

Read on Twitter
?t=eJKb_VDhFaOHfCIq6o0W9Q&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,036

Post#165 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:35 pm

shyt, I even posted in the wrong PG thread.

we are fuqed.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,528

Post#166 » by Zenzibar » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:04 am

Reign23 wrote:btw Burks is averaging 19.1 FGA per 36 minutes in the 7 games with us while shooting 31.4%.
absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Just to add to your :banghead: and begs to question, how much does Burkes contribute to winning and should be a reserve reserve like Josh.
IMO Duece should be getting all backup point guard duties.

Read on Twitter
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#167 » by Zenzibar » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:15 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It's because of Tom, this has happened with every single team he's coached where he just runs players into the ground and everyone acts confused and dumbfounded that playing every game like it's the conference finals could have negative effects. Anyone arguing to the contrary is just being delusional at this point.

This is from 2018

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/02/26/does-timberwolves-coach-tom-thibodeau-have-an-injury-problem/

yeah. he needs to stop doing that. hate seeing the starters in the game late with big leads. i get that he's trying to teach finishing the job. but the risk doesn't outweigh the reward after a certain point.

When the team is at full health, the 2nd unit will be Burks, Deuce, Josh, Boyan, and Precious.

He has to trust that group to hold the line.

The 2nd unit will also have either iHart or Mitch, meaning it's prederably Deuce or Mr. Burks.
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#168 » by Zenzibar » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It's because of Tom, this has happened with every single team he's coached where he just runs players into the ground and everyone acts confused and dumbfounded that playing every game like it's the conference finals could have negative effects. Anyone arguing to the contrary is just being delusional at this point.

This is from 2018

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/02/26/does-timberwolves-coach-tom-thibodeau-have-an-injury-problem/

yeah. he needs to stop doing that. hate seeing the starters in the game late with big leads. i get that he's trying to teach finishing the job. but the risk doesn't outweigh the reward after a certain point.

When the team is at full health, the 2nd unit will be Burks, Deuce, Josh, Boyan, and Precious.

He has to trust that group to hold the line.

The 2nd unit will also have either iHart or Mitch, meaning it's prederably Deuce over Mr. Burks, for those big minutes.

McBride can be our new Quickley especially playing alongside OG.
And Burks can be Taj. :D
Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#169 » by Zenzibar » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:06 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
sol537 wrote:6th seed is the new goal… still provides a solid path to ECF…

The ECF ship sailed when Randle had a serious injury that will require offseason surgery (or in season if he doesn’t progress).

If OG comes back next week this team can still win 50 games.

That probably still leaves us in the 4/5 range. But whatever. I’m not ducking anyone.

Trust me, every East team prefers to avoid a healthy New York Knicks, in the 1st round.
Stop All Genocides
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,959

Post#170 » by 8516knicks » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:11 pm

"What happens to a dream deferred?" - Lorraine Hansberry. :nod:
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,746

Post#171 » by HerSports85 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:49 am

welp tomorrow with Orlando playing Detroit, we could really drop to 8th?? Good thing RJ was hot in the beginning of the season and helped us win a bunch of games and we had the crazy good stretch after getting OG. Because right now it's looking bad.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,044

Post#172 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks